peter lena

just got covid shots secured

rmaynard
11 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Any reaction from  Mrs. Ms 2nd Pfizer dose Bob?

Arm is tiny bit sore this morning, but no other side-effects as of now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

rmaynard
23 minutes ago, squonk said:

Hope they don't mix in any left over green beer! :)

You might have some side-effects, but you won't give a sh*t. 

• Haha 2

squonk
Just now, rmaynard said:

You might have some side-effects, but you won't give a sh*t. 

Side effects from the green beer will definitely make you spend time on the porcelain throne!

• Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I know everybody has complaints about getting shots. Way back  when I registered my wife on the local health district site , then the state issued its own site ( took all info from local  site). State requested that all info be checked on the new site . Did that found that wife was listed as Pacific Islander and White . Fixed that. Every place I listed that wife was disabled and could not go to one of the mega site to get vaccine. Today I get an email saying she is listed as having 3 addresses so she could not be registered. I give up . Going to start when CVS etc to get an appointment, I know that it is not going to be easy. All the state should see how the V A works. First shot I was there 45 minutes ( 15 minutes for parking ) second shot next Tuesday. My V A site vaccinates 150 to 200 people an hour , six days a week. Easy peasy. .  

• Sad 4

Ed Kennell

It is sad Jim.     The federal and state governments both have all our information , name ,address, age, necessary to set up the same vaccine distribution system as the VA.     

But, It didn't happen.  

The last two members of my family, my sister and BIL, both 70 yo cancer patients, just got scheduled for their  first dose next Tuesday.   Like myself, my sister spent over a month monitoring  1/2 dozen sites looking for an opening slot.     She finally got a robo call at 1:57AM last Tue. from a Mainline Pharmacy stating there was a slot available.        

• Sad 4

rmaynard

I got my second dose of Moderna yesterday. The vaccination was given by a Giant supermarket pharmacy. My shot was scheduled for 12:30. I arrived at 12:10, was injected by 12:20, and out of the store at 12:30. The moral to this story is if you want something to run smoothly, let a private company do it.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

squonk

Got my 2nd shot today . Very smooth at our State run facility. I even got to let a lady in a wheelchair to go in front of me.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk Did she threaten you ? He he 

• Haha 3

953 nut
35 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Handicapped Badass - TV Tropes

• Haha 1

squonk
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

She said she just retired from a BBQ joint in PA and moved to NY. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Mickwhitt

I got my first shot of the Oxford vaccine this morning.

I had booked a slot at one of the regional mega centres 25 miles away, but my own doctor surgery rang yesterday to invite me in for the jab. Ten minute walk away.

So I'm part immunised and ready for the next one in June. 

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

AMC RULES

Took another bullet for the Academy today.

20210319_110010.jpg.8ded002b3dd75b89c182b45af3eb3123.jpg

Certainly wasn't standing room only here today. 

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Ready for the :wh: show!  :woohoo:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Took another bullet for the Academy today.

Which flavor?     Any reaction?

WHX??

:text-yeahthat: Madge... funny our Uncle doesn't use WP for a mass vac facility?

Mike they turned Lambeau field into one.

• Like 1

AMC RULES
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Which flavor?     Any reaction?

Got Pfizer both times, and was really no big deal to speak of for me Edog. 👍

No good reason that I know of to not be gittin'r done!

• Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

My son got the Moderna shot Wednesday . He said he got home and slept for 3 hours then was up the rest of the night. First time I heard of that reaction. 

• Sad 1

Jeff-C175

I can't believe the crap to go through to get the vax in NJ.  

The NJ STATE site is USELESS.

My town had a form to fill and email which I did for both my wife and I and I get an email back that says we have to have separate email addresses AND telephone numbers!!!!  WTF?  SERIOUSLY?  WHY?

THEN... when they direct you to another form to fill out on line, TEN PAGES LONG, you get to page SEVEN and find that you need to SCAN YOUR INSURANCE CARD AND ID and upload them.

And if you don't have a scanner,  you can't go any farther.  WHATINHELL are they thinking?  Good garsh I'm pretty pissed off right now.

• Sad 3

squonk

About an hr. After my 2nd Pfizer I started getting a weird headache. Jaw and both eye sockets really started to hurt. Went to bed an hour early. Just my arm hurts today.

• Sad 1

953 nut

We got our second Moderna vaccinations this morning.     :woohoo:     Big Show here I come! Just like in the Navy, I have my updated Shot Card.

My wife was a bit lethargic the first couple hours but felt fine this afternoon. 

It took them a few weeks to work out the details but once they figured it all out our county's health department is operating like a Swiss watch.            :bow-blue:        Drive in, sheriff's deputy directs you to one of three driveways depending on your appointment, next person hands you a clipboard and paperwork. Stay in line and another person collects the paperwork and directs you to one of the two vaccination stations depending on the brand you are receiving, dive to the carport you were directed to and roll down the window for your shot. Took less than ten minutes from the time we drove in till the time we moved on to the fifteen minute holding area. An EMT was there to check on us and tell us when we could go home.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

The NJ STATE site is USELESS.

PeeAaas  site isn't useless....we don't have one.     No registration system at all.

To get one in Pa, you have to know someone... that knows someone... that knows someone.... that knows  when the vaccines are being delivered to the pharmacies.   Then be watching their web site when they open the time slots.

The actual administration of the shots is very efficient.     It's the securing a time slot that is a problem.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Racinbob

I had my second dose of Moderna 8 days ago. Just a touch of arm tenderness after both shots. Nancy goes for her second a week from Monday. She didn't have any reaction to the first one at all. I'm sure glad to see many of you finally getting your shots. Indiana sure seems to have it figured out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

rmaynard
12 hours ago, 953 nut said:

We got our second Moderna vaccinations this morning.   

Let us know how you are doing in a couples days.

I got my second Moderna shot on Wednesday. Sore arm and a little achy across my shoulders for about 24 hours. Otherwise I felt great.

I feel blessed because my cardiologist told me that he was down and out for 48 hours after his second Moderna shot. He said he was okay for 2 days and then it hit him. As of this morning I am still fine.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ed Kennell

I had one report of a bad reaction  Bob.     My 35 yo niece who is a nurse was sick for 3 days with a 105 temp after her first dose.    She is fine now.   I'm not sure if it was Moderna or Pfizer. 

Ed Kennell

I just checked on an old fishing buddy that had a summer camp near me on the Delaware bay.     I haven't seen him since we both sold our camps three years age. He and his wife are 80yos and live in SE Pa.

They have just registered at a  mass vaccination site that opened in Lancaster last week.    There  were  86,,000 registered when they got signed up.    The selection of names  is by lottery, so they are hoping to get lucky 

• Like 1