peter lena

just got covid shots secured

Ed Kennell

Glad you got it Bob.    Sounds like the Michigan  scheduling  system isn't too well organized.       We don't have that problem in PeeAaa.    There is no state or county scheduling system.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sparky
On 2/20/2021 at 8:06 PM, Sparky said:

Someone I know was working at a retirement community where shots were being given...texted me to say they were close to done for the day and had a few doses left. Said if I could be there in 30 minutes I could get the first dose of Pfizer vaccine and a guaranteed scheduled second shot for March 2.

Made it in under 30 minutes and got it done!

Second Pfizer shot done. 
  I lucked out with getting my two without doing all the legwork....very lucky. 

Good luck to you all.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

WHX??

Good to hear Sparky .... your not replaceable .... @pullstart on the other hand.... :lol::ychain:

No side effects? ....gal I know works in the med field says the second Moderna got a bite  to it. 

953 nut
11 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I know works in the med field says the second Moderna got a bite  to it.

I have heard that too. My first Moderna had no side effects at all but the wife was one sick puppy for a day. We get the second ones on the 17th and I may have to call in an exorcist for her if it is worse than the first one.    :eusa-pray:  I pray that it will go well. 

• Sad 1
  • Heart 1

DennisThornton
On 3/5/2021 at 7:12 PM, 953 nut said:

I have heard that too. My first Moderna had no side effects at all but the wife was one sick puppy for a day. We get the second ones on the 17th and I may have to call in an exorcist for her if it is worse than the first one.    :eusa-pray:  I pray that it will go well. 

First didn't bother me at all.  Get my second on the 15th.  If you don't see a post from me after that, well, wish me well and maybe reconsider your 17th.

Edited by DennisThornton
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell

I was  feeling good after finally securing the appointment this morning.     Now you guys are scaring me.     If you don't hear from me Sunday,  You can probably get some bargains when Mrs K has the yard sale.

If she sells all my tractors, guns, boats, and fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

oliver2-44

Thursday I took my Mom, Stepdad and oldest brother for their 2nd shot.  Their County is part of a three County Hub that has got it down. We drop about 40 minutes to where they are set up.  Four lanes drive thru a couple of buildings at the county fair grounds that are the check stations for paperwork etc.  Then they open the car doors, hit you in the arm and your done.  They put a yellow stickie on the windshield with the time and you park and wait 15 minutes to insure no immediate reaction.  An EMS Tech pulls the yellow stickie and says you can go.  They have it staffed one or two days a week by some very efficient young National Guard troops.  At 3:30 We were in the 4,100 numbers for the day. 

A large Clinic/Hospital chain has got the Hub for four Counties where I live and I'll just say they have a mess!!!!!

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

More good news, I just secured an appointment for Mrs. K for tomorrow.    Same location as mine, so I can check out the wheel chair access tonight when I get mine.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 3

Ed Kennell

I just got my first dose of Pfizer.    No reaction so far.      Wheel chair access is good, so I won't have any problems getting Mrs. K in for her first dose tomorrow.    They agreed to schedule both second doses at the same time three weeks from tomorrow.    

• Excellent 7

DennisThornton
On 3/5/2021 at 7:50 PM, Ed Kennell said:

I was  feeling good after finally securing the appointment this morning.     Now you guys are scaring me.     If you don't hear from me Sunday,  You can probably get some bargains when Mrs K has the yard sale.

If she sells all my tractors, guns, boats, and fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it........

Oh my!  That is SO funny on several levels!  Talk tomorrow!  And if not, Mrs K's contact info?

Edited by DennisThornton
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell
10 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Talk tomorrow!  And if not, Mrs K's contact info?

Sorry Dennis,  I'm still here.   No yard sale this week.

I do have a little pain at the injection site and had joint pain until 3AM this morning.    Pretty much feel normal now....same old arthritic pain in my back/neck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

I do have a little pain at the injection site and had joint pain until 3AM this morning.    Pretty much feel normal now....same old arthritic pain in my back/neck.

Yeah, I'd hoped the shots might make me handsomer or feel younger. Nope.

Glad we won't be having that yard sale!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Stormin

After my shot of Zeneca I did feel a bit tired the next day. SWMBO had a headache and lethargy the following day. Next day normal service resumed. :bitch:

• Like 2

DennisThornton
3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

No problem.  I'm running out of space anyway.

I had minor pain at my little bandaid if I laid on it for a couple days but that was all.  I am hearing that my next in 8 days might be more problematic...  

But I'm still getting it!

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

We're still here Dennis.      We both have some minor pain at the injection site, but no other side effects.      :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

squonk
29 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

We're still here Dennis.      We both have some minor pain at the injection site, but no other side effects.      :greetings-clappingyellow:

Great news Ed. But I was hoping for a couple of Spiffs for promoting Ed's Bargain Basement Wheel Horse Sale! :(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Ed Kennell
2 minutes ago, squonk said:

Great news Ed. But I was hoping for a couple of Spiffs for promoting Ed's Bargain Basement Wheel Horse Sale! :(

Stick around Mike.    According to the US NVSS   (US national vital statistics system), I should be leaving soon.    :confusion-seeingstars:         

• Sad 2

DennisThornton
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Stick around Mike.    According to the US NVSS   (US national vital statistics system), I should be leaving soon.    :confusion-seeingstars:         

Might as well hang around a while and help change that number.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DennisThornton

2nd shot today!  Just two more weeks and I'm going to party! 

• Like 1

953 nut
1 minute ago, DennisThornton said:

Just two more weeks and I'm going to party!

I get my second vaccination this Wednesday.     :woohoo:      Two weeks later I have another round of Grand Jury duty.    :sad-darkcloud: 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

We get our 2nd  dose  in 13 days.     Only 3 weeks required between  the Pfizer doses.

• Like 3

DennisThornton
4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I get my second vaccination this Wednesday.     :woohoo:      Two weeks later I have another round of Grand Jury duty.    :sad-darkcloud: 

I had to think for a moment, but now overall, I'm going to it's still a WIN for you!

• Heart 1

rmaynard

Mrs. M got her 2nd Pfizer today. Same site where it took 15 minutes first time, took 2 hours today. But hey, it's done. I get my 2nd Moderna on Wednesday. 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Any reaction from  Mrs. Ms 2nd Pfizer dose Bob?

squonk

My 2nd this Thursday. Hope they don't mix in any left over green beer! :)

• Haha 3