peter lena

just got covid shots secured

Racinbob
19 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Are they taking non residents Bob?      I gave up on the PeeAaa fiasco.      Just heard they accidently administered the second shots first.      Also extended the time between 1st and 2nd shots from 28 to 42 days.

I was so surprised that things were so efficient. In and out in under 1/2 hour including the 15 minute wait to see if I had any reactions. I made that comment to them and they said folks were coming from all over. Knox is a small town of 3200 and all os Starke County is only 23000. I'm thinking that helped a lot. I don't know what they meant by 'all over' but I doubt if you would have to be an Indiana resident. 

When I first got there I told the lady writing down the information that my wife wouldn't be 65 until June so she wasn't quite eligible. She asked me if she was waiting in the car. I told her no and she said that's too bad. We could have given her one.  

• Like 4

rmaynard
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Are they taking non residents Bob? 

My daughter told me about Delaware. I can ask her. I just got home with my "Moderna golden ticket" and a return pass for 3/17. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

rmaynard

Sorry Ed, they are resident only.

• Sad 2

Ed Kennell
2 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Sorry Ed, they are resident only.

Thanks Bob, that's what I thought.     Too bad I sold my summer place in 2018.

Racinbob

Ed, it would be a long drive but if you'd consider it you can go to this site ourshot.in.gov and see what happens. I went to the Starke County Health Dept. for the shot. Knox 46534

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
2 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Ed, it would be a long drive but if you'd consider it you can go to this site ourshot.in.gov and see what happens. I went to the Starke County Health Dept. for the shot. Knox 46534

Thanks Bob.    I have my regular 4 month  heart  check up on this coming Tuesday.      I will be insisting on being notified if and when vaccines are available.   This Pa.  word of mouth by insiders distribution system stinks.    I will check that site to see if non-residents qualify.

• Sad 1

steelman
18 hours ago, Racinbob said:

don't know what they meant by 'all over' but I doubt if you would have to be an Indiana resident. 

I live in Ohio just across the Indiana line and I am scheduled for my first shot next Thursday inn Auburn. I've been trying to get one scheduled in Ohio but no luck ,although my wife was able to get hers. Indiana seems to be doing a really good job.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
16 hours ago, Racinbob said:

I got on the ourshot.in.gov site and entered a live chat with Sean.   He did not know if non-residents qualified.

Here's the good news.      I heard last night that effective  Friday, Pa. will require ALL vaccine distributors  to take reservations.    Not as good as a central state system like Indiana , but better than nothing..

We shall see.

• Like 3

953 nut
17 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I just got home with my "Moderna golden ticket" and a return pass for 3/17.

:text-yeahthat:                Me too,                :woohoo:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ohiofarmer

Ohio seems to have little fairness as to what is happening.  The highest government official was fielding questions from the press and one question was why a nursing home with an average age of 85 had not been yet accomodated. His response was little concern but promised to have an underling look into things,. Congregate living was supposed to be at the top, but this very official was more interested in homeless  than aged in nursing homes.I suspect that he prisons have already been served. Our little county is 50000 population, but we lost out on promised dosage for the teachers, I guess.  You can go online as some do and shop all over for appointments.state wide. I hope that this does not lead to people stacking applications with more than one facility as a form of overbooking and then neglecting to cancel their appointments.  Will that cause vaccine to be dumped when they do not show up??

My friend had a scheduled appointment and got knocked back a week, that supports what the local health services unintentionally revealed to me about promised doses not showing up. My wife's brother is in her age group but is in an urban zip code. He has received his vaccine and she has been told another three weeks now four. The conclusion that I am forced to come to is that some zip codes are more important than others.

• Sad 3

C-85

I have been lucky, I had put my name at my VA and got on their list.  I'm only 60 and knew I wouldn't be called for a while, but the phone rang the other night and it was the VA saying they had too many and if I could come right over I could get one.  This was easy for me because I only live a mile away.  So I got the first shot and scheduled for the next.  I got the Moderna one.  I did feel lousy the next day, but okay after that. :)

Hopefully this nightmare will be over soon, I hate wearing these masks and now they're saying 2 masks is prefered.  I wore one of these during Desert Storm and trainings and didn't have as much of a problem breathing as I do with the cloth masks!

image.png.1ea64d5a32dc184d335a11d31bbf634a.png

C-85

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

dcrage

Here in eastern MO I registered on 5-6 different sites in the StL area (4 major hospital groups and a couple with county health) over a month ago. I have only heard back from 1 or 2 of these sites and only to say ‘you are on the list and we will tell you when we have openings.’  My wife and I did find by word of mouth and a “mystical” chained e-mail appointments thru one of the big hospital groups. She got her 2nd Pfizer shot 3 days ago, I get my 2nd next week. The damn mystical e-mail had a link to a page where you can book appointments when available; try typing the page into your browser and you get some other generic COVID-19 page with NO appointments. Not thrilled that the ‘word of mouth’ is how I found the vaccine BUT AM VERY GLAD TO HAVE IT. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

rmaynard

State and local distribution is horrible around here. I am glad that there are a bunch of folks taking the problem into their own hands and helping people like me find vaccinations.

4 hours ago, C-85 said:

I wore one of these during Desert Storm and trainings and didn't have as much of a problem breathing as I do with the cloth masks!

image.png.1ea64d5a32dc184d335a11d31bbf634a.png

C-85

I'm thinking that the only air being filtered is the air you are breathing in. The exhaled air is not, leading to spread of the virus if you happen to be a carrier. That's why N-95's with a vent are discouraged here.

Image result for n-95 with vent

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 2

squonk

Wife was on the puter for about 7 hrs. last Monday. I got my first shot scheduled for Feb 25th in Syracuse.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

DennisThornton
20 hours ago, rmaynard said:

State and local distribution is horrible around here. I am glad that there are a bunch of folks taking the problem into their own hands and helping people like me find vaccinations.

I'm thinking that the only air being filtered is the air you are breathing in. The exhaled air is not, leading to spread of the virus if you happen to be a carrier. That's why N-95's with a vent are discouraged here.

Image result for n-95 with vent

Yep!  CDC no longer approves the vented masks.  Helps the wearer, not so much the others.

Ed Kennell

Still no reservations available here in  the PeeeeAaa.      I see my family MD on Tuesday  and one of us may not be coming home If I don't get a confirmed reservation.

• Like 1

Sparky

Someone I know was working at a retirement community where shots were being given...texted me to say they were close to done for the day and had a few doses left. Said if I could be there in 30 minutes I could get the first dose of Pfizer vaccine and a guaranteed scheduled second shot for March 2.

Made it in under 30 minutes and got it done!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

i was supposed to get my first shot this past Saturday morning , they called the night before and said they had no vaccine and will have to reschedule later....basically don't call them they will call me

ironically , i was in a Walgreens when they called and i was standing by a stack of toilet paper from the floor to almost the ceiling...something that was in real short supply months ago

i think it will be tough sledding for a bit , but will straighten out and there will be enough at some point

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??

I was offered one by the VA a month ago .... I said no thanks give mine to someone who ain't as tough or stupid as me. :huh:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

rmaynard

By the time I left to drive my wife 65 miles to one of Maryland's mass vaccination sites, there was 4" of new snow on the roads. But we headed out anyway. When we got there, we found that the entire operation was being run by the Maryland National Guard. We didn't even have to get out of the car. We were in and out in 15 minutes. I salute the Guard for their professional operation. 

IMG_20210222_125723658_HDR.jpg.a4adee92f199ce3b8fea4234faabeb02.jpg

IMG_20210222_130043493_HDR.jpg.def39d54b2e250f91f2996d1074f6e45.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Handy Don

My spouse and I got our second jabs yesterday at separate, well-run operations in NYC. Whew.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

rmaynard
40 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

My spouse and I got our second jabs yesterday at separate, well-run operations in NYC. Whew.

Wife got Pfizer and get second shot on 3/15. I got Moderna and get mine 3/17. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

WHX??

Nothing like a drive by shotting Bob... now if we could just teach the gun wielding ruffians to throw vaccine loaded syringes out the windows instead of bullets we be all set and could have a BS. Reminds me I gotta go put some shows that are a go  on the calendar. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 3

Ed Kennell

I finally got a reply from my family MD that I will be notified when vaccine is available.      :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

Racinbob

Indiana just opened it up to 60+ making my wife eligible. She immediately got online and 5 minutes later has an appointment set up for March 5. :banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1