Mickwhitt

Idiot of the week

Handy Don
2 hours ago, squonk said:

Then there was the security camera made out of cardboard that looked as real as could be

I was responsible for security at a bank office for a while. I bought the empty shell of a security camera with a lens and a little red "on" light and mounted it in the elevator foyer as a deterrent to mischief.  Late that afternoon I had three women colleagues at my desk demanding that I destroy the tape recordings. Huh?

I had to show them that the camera was a dummy to convince them that there was no "tape". Apparently they had been making adjustments to their undergarments thinking they were unobserved when one noticed the camera.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Haha 4

Jeff-C175
1 minute ago, Handy Don said:

three women colleagues at my desk demanding that I destroy the tape recordings. Huh?

Wait, let me guess, they were all named Karen?

• Haha 3

Mickwhitt

IMG-20210215-WA0001.jpg.b7f599d31f1e43065f98e4dcb1853df7.jpgThis display was in our local hardware store today. Its a tiny shop just like the one in the "Four candles" sketch.

anyone over there heard of that?

mick 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Jeff-C175
11 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

anyone over there heard of that?

Oh yes... what a dumbazz tht girly was to put that stuff in her hair!  Good Garsh!

i heard about the women that used Gorilla Glue in her hair and is now considering suing....sadly she will probably get something

and here is a quote from Douglas Adams , the author of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.........."It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which i could live and stay sane"

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

Mickwhitt

Classic British comedy.....

Enjoy 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Lee1977
On 2/12/2021 at 8:22 AM, Jeff-C175 said:

Yeah, that happens fairly often, especially in fog.  There's one interstate down in one of the Carolinas that crosses the mountains.  I think it might be I64?  not sure... but I've driven that road early morning a number of times and the CLOUDS are so thick you can't see more than 50 feet in front of you.  Other drivers just FLYING past you!  Bad part is if you DO go slowly, you run the risk of getting rear ended by some idiot going too fast.

Every time I drive, there are at least a dozen times I SMH wondering what it is that people are thinking.

One of my pet peeves...  driving on a road, any road, you see the traffic light a quarter mile ahead has just turned RED.

You take your foot off the gas to begin slowing because you KNOW you are going to have to stop.

Some jamoke behind you runs up your azz with a pissed off look on his face and his mouth moving like Popeye the sailor.

Can he not figure out that I'm slowing for a RED freakin' light?  Idiots.

Got to be I-26 or I-77 as I-81 goes west of NC in to Tennessee.  There is a place on I-77 Called Windy Gap you can go through there doing 75 MPH and change lanes with out turning the steering wheel.

• Like 2

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Lee1977 said:

Can he not figure out that I'm slowing for a RED freakin' light? 

No. Not looking farther than the back end of your car which is clearly impeding his progress:lol:

• Haha 2

lynnmor
22 hours ago, Handy Don said:

No. Not looking farther than the back end of your car which is clearly impeding his progress:lol:

Yep, if you are not up the butt of the car in front of you, then you are ruining the whole day for the proctologist that is up yours.

Edited by lynnmor
  • Haha 1

Jeff-C175
5 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

Got to be I-26

I think you're correct, 26 it is.

Not sure I've been through Windy Gap but I know I've driven 77 so maybe I have and didn't know it!

Stormin

A few days ago, the Paterdale Mountain Rescue team got a call out to rescue a camper up on Honister Pass in the Lake District. There was two of them and one was taken ill. Now we have a lockdown situation in the UK due to covid. No none essential travel though you can go out for exercise with in a reasonable distance from your home.

One camper was from Liverpool and one from further south. Roughly 100 mile from home and maybe 160 respectively.

Up one the Lakeland fells there is a good covering of snow and ice, plus bitter winds. The rescue team set out, all volunteers, at night to bring these two down. Unfortunately they ended up rescuing one of their own who slipped and fell, 500 feet down the fell  side. He's still in intensive care with serious injuries and he will never walk again. All because of two ignorant, irresponsible idiots.

BTW. They were both fined £200 each for breaking covid rules. I'd have locked them up.

• Sad 4

Jeff-C175
8 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I'd have locked them up.

Drawn and quartered might be my choice.

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
29 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:
38 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I'd have locked them up.

Drawn and quartered might be my choice

Leave em to get down on their own. 

Mickwhitt

I have the greatest respect for our volunteer mountain rescue people.

They say they won't judge anyone who is in need out on the hills.

But these two should never have been out there requiring rescue because they were a. In breach of the covid rules and b. Not prepared for the conditions. 

Absolute selfish idiots who should have been charged for the cost of the rescue. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Stormin
44 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:
45 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

Absolute selfish idiots who should have been charged for the cost of the rescue. 

That's something I've said for a long time. Unless a genuine misfortune.

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Mickwhitt said:

I have the greatest respect for our volunteer mountain rescue people.

But these two should never have been out there requiring rescue because they were a. In breach of the covid rules and b. Not prepared for the conditions. 

Some people think that as long as their phone is charged they are entitled to call for, and receive, help--anywhere, anytime.

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Leave em to get down on their own. 

"Too bad, mate. The rescue team is in lockdown. You're on you own!"

• Excellent 1

lynnmor

I took some risky snowmobile rides in the Rocky Mountains, the lodge had us sign out and give an expected time of return.  They said that if a rescue party needs to be sent out it would be $150 per man hour.

• Like 4

tom2p

4217FC77-C842-4D04-AC83-3852D9DE3249.jpeg

Bill Gates thinks we should start eating '100% synthetic beef'

Edited by tom2p
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Handy Don
11 hours ago, tom2p said:

4217FC77-C842-4D04-AC83-3852D9DE3249.jpeg

Bill Gates thinks we should start eating '100% synthetic beef'

I've read a couple of long reviews of his new book. There's a lot in there that IMHO isn't making it into the headline media that's worth understanding.

Edited by Handy Don

Pullstart
On 2/15/2021 at 1:47 PM, Mickwhitt said:

Enjoy 

The funniest part, I had to try using closed captioning subscript to understand... and that wasn’t even halfway close!

• Haha 2

Pullstart
On 2/16/2021 at 3:33 PM, Mickwhitt said:

Sometimes taking one’s feelings out of the play is required.  Sorry, after typing I am warning y’all this might be a bit of a read.  When we were a young married couple with our second newborn, we were dying for a break... a night out.  We drove 30 miles or so, to drop the girls off with my mom, then were heading halfway back to where we came from to go to town and have dinner and a couple drinks maybe.  It was a karaoke night.  Good times.  We were driving around a bend and just like a horror flick, a young girl came running out of the ditch, waving her hands running right into the road.  We notice a vehicle upside down and another in the weeds.  We turned around, I ordered another car that stopped to call 911, Taylor went to the upside down vehicle looking for people and I ran into the swamp to asses the other driver.  Middle aged guy.  Empty car seat in the back.  Crushed driver’s door, glass and blow and peutrid smell everywhere.  He was not quite with it.  I swear he said he was drunk.  I got angry, trying to ask him if he had a child with him.  Emergency personnel arrived, I assisted with carrying the portable unit for the jaws of life, warned the firemen and medics I think he said he was drunk.  Come to find out, he was driving from another state to surprise his elderly mother for Thanksgiving and the 16 year old lady was distracted and ran the stop sign.  He was absolutely not drunk.  He just didn’t know what he was saying.  My emotions and reactions cold have made it worse.  I don’t know if he lived.  She walked away.  We went to dinner, covered in mud and field run off.  Not so much celebration, just a humble night thankful to have each other.

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, pullstart said:

thankful to have each other

In my life I've been through more than some and less than others but I'm telling you straight up some of it hasn't been easy. 

2012. 2013. I was cooked emotionally.

Went through my own specific particular levels of hell and came back from it the strong person that I used to be many moons ago, and then some. 

I've told people quite a few times over the last few years...

I've crashed and burned, and I've lived and learned.

I'm no longer a religious man.

I AM MY OWN STRENGTH.

I rely on no-one to be who I am.

Be thankful for who you are and what you have every day. Not just on the holidays. Not just on the holiday seasons. Not just on the special occasions. Good or bad.

Every. Day.

Life is great. Be happy. Be generous. Be helpful.

Probably should get a few Wheelhorses as well...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Mickwhitt
18 hours ago, pullstart said:
On 2/15/2021 at 6:47 PM, Mickwhitt said:

Enjoy 

The funniest part, I had to try using closed captioning subscript to understand... and that wasn’t even halfway close!

I knew you guys would struggle!

In England the phrase "four candles" raises a smile whenever its said. Kind of a euphemism for any mispronunciation or misunderstanding issue.

• Like 2

Mickwhitt

Eric.

Thsts a very profound and heart warming post right there.

So easy to take life for granted and not be thankful for all the wonderful things we have. 

A friend was asking me about how much pension I draw and if I could manage not taking another job etc. She was trying to plan for her husbands retirement in a couple of years. I reminded her of our good friend Steve who had been planning his own retirement in a similar way when he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I know he would rather be here and penniless than where he is now. 

Its good to have plans and think of the future, but not at the expense of today. Take time to enjoy every day, not just slave towards a future that might not come.

We don't have tons of cash in the bank, but we live in a lovely house, have a loving relationship and enjoy something every day, whether that's coffee together or a walk with the dogs. 

I don't need anything more than I have so I don't sweat about it.

Mick 

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 4

ebinmaine

The only way to be Mick....