Mickwhitt

Idiot of the week

little red riding horse

Who the heck is Karen lol she gets about :text-lol:

• Haha 2

Jeff-C175
10 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Should be easy. 

I could run a banjo track.  Don't know how that would fit in with the punk theme though!

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

Karen is a misogynistic term  that as enlightened men we should not be using.

Well if that's true Karen's should try not to be such an easy target lol.

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I could run a banjo track.  Don't know how that would fit in with the punk theme though!

It's a banjo. How can you POSSIBLY go wrong...

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Mickwhitt said:

six points really made her smart

Oh REALLY??

Mickwhitt

We are only allowed 12 points on our licence at which time we get banned from driving.

Most people will pay fines no problem, but points really hit home. Two mobile phone offences and you are catching the bus lol 

• Excellent 2

Mickwhitt

Just saw footage of the 100 vehicle pile up in Texas on an icy stretch of road.

Can't believe the speed these vehicles were doing given the conditions.

Wait, no, I can believe the speeds these vehicles were doing given the conditions....

We have plenty of idiots over here who drive at speed in thick fog, then wonder why they hit something. 

• Like 2

Jeff-C175
4 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

can believe the speeds

Yeah, that happens fairly often, especially in fog.  There's one interstate down in one of the Carolinas that crosses the mountains.  I think it might be I64?  not sure... but I've driven that road early morning a number of times and the CLOUDS are so thick you can't see more than 50 feet in front of you.  Other drivers just FLYING past you!  Bad part is if you DO go slowly, you run the risk of getting rear ended by some idiot going too fast.

Every time I drive, there are at least a dozen times I SMH wondering what it is that people are thinking.

One of my pet peeves...  driving on a road, any road, you see the traffic light a quarter mile ahead has just turned RED.

You take your foot off the gas to begin slowing because you KNOW you are going to have to stop.

Some jamoke behind you runs up your azz with a pissed off look on his face and his mouth moving like Popeye the sailor.

Can he not figure out that I'm slowing for a RED freakin' light?  Idiots.

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
22 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Yeah, that happens fairly often, especially in fog.  There's one interstate down in one of the Carolinas that crosses the mountains.  I think it might be I64?  not sure... but I've driven that road early morning a number of times and the CLOUDS are so thick you can't see more than 50 feet in front of you.  Other drivers just FLYING past you!  Bad part is if you DO go slowly, you run the risk of getting rear ended by some idiot going too fast.

Every time I drive, there are at least a dozen times I SMH wondering what it is that people are thinking.

One of my pet peeves...  driving on a road, any road, you see the traffic light a quarter mile ahead has just turned RED.

You take your foot off the gas to begin slowing because you KNOW you are going to have to stop.

Some jamoke behind you runs up your azz with a pissed off look on his face and his mouth moving like Popeye the sailor.

I was taught that while driving on the interstate, you are only supposed to use your brakes for emergency.  It’s most people’s instinct to have a brake light switch at the ready for when someone slows down 3 lanes to the right.  If I lived in Chicago or LA, I’d surely go into the brake light industry!

953 nut

The lack of visibility is an obvious problem but the snow on the car could become a bigger problem. I was stopped at a red light a few years back and the car approaching from behind ran into me because the snow on his hood slid off and landed on the road making it slick enough that he couldn't stop. He tried to explain the collision was weather related but the policeman issued him a citation for reckless driving. There is a little known law requiring that snow be removed from the hood, roof and trunk, failure to do so is reckless, or in this case caused a wreck.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

That's one of the main reasons I enjoy having an engine break in a big truck so much.....

Sometimes it's rather amusing to my feeble little five-year-old mind when people come up behind me so fast and the startled look that's on their face when they realize I'm going 15 mph slower than they thought. 

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

. There is a little known law requiring that snow be removed

That's always been common sense up here in Maine. Two, maybe 3 years ago? It became a law in writing and is actually VERY well enforced.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

engine break

image.png.f4ba9748ecd759bef03aec9eda5dd024.png

• Haha 2
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

image.png.f4ba9748ecd759bef03aec9eda5dd024.png

YYEESS!!!!!

Tractorhead
5 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

The same vice versa can happen here on our Autobahn and the most have 3 lanes each side.

The sleeper run‘s easily it‘s 260Km/h on slopes he’s scratching on the the 280Km/h and we‘re here on some routes allowed to do that.

If the Weather condition allows it, clear and good sight dry roads i enjoy sometimes also a fast ride, no doubt.

By law here you have to use the right lane to ride, on passing higher speed you have to use the left lane.

I only feared those idiot‘s they move on a 3 lane road without no reason by the slurry speed of 90Km/h short before you pass them 

without no reason to the left lane or while in 10km far a Truck is on the right lane.

There is absolute no reason to do that, each lane is big enough that even Trucks can pass with enough distance.

The be mostly on the middle lane and they can pass the Truck because of more than needed space.

But they don‘t look in the mirror before of they move to the left or be that blind - i don‘t know.

That can bring you in a scary situation to a glowing Brakediscs.

Here the police pick them out, because of dangerous driving.

But not allway‘s on such situations are police available.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
25 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

But not allway‘s on such situations are police available.

We say, "Where's a cop when you need one?" :)

• Like 2

Handy Don
On 2/11/2021 at 3:45 PM, Mickwhitt said:

I was once on pedal cycle patrol in sheffield, full police mountain bike uniform, the works. 

Came across a Karen sitting in a queue of traffic chatting away on her mobile. (Points on your licence and a fine).

I tapped on the window, which came down a couple of inches and was rewarded with "can't you see I'm on the phone?"

I pulled my bike in front of her, stopping all the traffic while the conversation continued: "Can't you see I'm a policeman?"

It was the nicest ticket I've written in a long time and six points really made her smart. 

Sometimes ya just gotta shake your head, smile....and write the summons!

• Like 2

Handy Don
3 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

By law here you have to use the right lane to ride, on passing higher speed you have to use the left lane.

On a two-lane road around a curve driving through the mountains from Innsbruck to Munich I was passed by someone who created a third lane where none existed. If the oncoming driver and I had not both gone very quickly onto our respective road shoulders there would have been a seriously disrupted vacation.

• Sad 2

wallfish

How about this one for an idiot nomination?

• Haha 7

ebinmaine

@wallfish 

Uhhhh yeah.    

bc.gold
On 2/11/2021 at 1:51 PM, squonk said:

I had my share of dumb blunders this week! :angry-tappingfoot:

You can put me down for one.

Mickwhitt

You can bet she will try to claim off Gorrilla as it doesn't say "Not for use as a hairspray" on the packaging.

Now you know why when you buy a new power tool or some such the safety instructions are a zillion pages long with such brilliant advice as "Do not operate underwater" or " avoid putting fingers inside the machine when operating "

We had a health and safety audit of our office at work and were advised about placing items on high shelves and taking care when opening doors. 

Being cops we did our own warning stickers....

"DO NOT JUMP OUT OF THIS WINDOW) We were on the fourth floor.

"DO NOT EAT THIS" On a large electric fan.

"TURN ON LIGHTS BEFORE ENTERING THIS ROOM" Impossible as the light switches were in the room.

We were reprimanded for being flippant but the nanny state attitude just got us down.

We did have one young officer attempt to sue our chief after he was bitten by a police dog (Furry land shark).

He claimed he was never told during training that a police dog could bite him, he thought they were trained not to bite people in uniform! 

Good gravy!

• Haha 6

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

DO NOT EAT THIS" On a large electric fan.

That's just funny. 

Might have been here on Redsquare. I can't remember. 

I read a saying recently. 

ALL warning labels are there because some idiot tried it. 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Jeff-C175

Fully one third of the product manuals the company I work for is consumed by the requisite safety warnings in every language known to man.

• Like 1

squonk

We were always getting in trouble for reacting to management decrees. They bought a gazeebo for smokers years ago at the hospital I worked at. It was for the workers to smoke at while on break. Problem was people would take multiple smoke breaks during the day so they come out with this big announcement that you are only allowed 1 15min break and a half hour lunch break and that was it. There was a wall by the gazeebo with a light sensor  and another small electrical box. The electrician got the label maker out and labeled them Camera 1 and Microphone 2.:)

Then we had these 1" round stick like batteries that came out of an old emergency light system we taped together to look like a bomb.:omg:

Then there was the security camera made out of cardboard that looked as real as could be. That got stuck in a receptionist area that rumors were floating around that she was having an affair with a doctor! :banana-linedance:

• Haha 6