Ed729

New with 312-8

Ed Kennell
36 minutes ago, AmishMenno said:

Thanks, I will check that. But? The mower ran full RPM the last time I had installed it and I did not make any adjustments.

I just removed it and reinstalled it.

Does the tension on the belt have any effect? I have tried tighter and looser but did not seem to make difference?

Yes, the belt tension needs to be tight ....only deflecting 1/2inch when pushed midway between PTO and mule drive

It seems if the PTO is engaged the pulley should run the belts at proper speeds. 

The belt should be on the larger inside PTO pulley.

If the PTO is engaged and the clutch is not slipping   the belt should be turning at the correct speed.

If the PTO and belt are spinning and not slipping, the belt may be slipping at the deck pulley or the other belt that connects the the three blade spindles may be slipping .

This belt is tensioned under the deck belt guards by a spring loaded idler pulley.   The spring could be broke or weak.    

I suspect this may be your problem.   Remove the deck and the deck belt guards and check the spring

Another dumb question I guess but what is the main function of the little adjustment for the tall lever letting the deck up and down? 

This is typically used to set the minimum height of a mid or front grader blade.   I have used it to set the deck height higher than the deck wheels allow when mowing on very rough ground and high weeds.

The grass height is set entirely by the lever on the deck. Right?   Yes, during normal grass mowing.

Ed Kennell
On 5/28/2021 at 8:25 PM, AmishMenno said:

I put my mower deck on this week, as I was mowing the mower clutch would stop and the belt to the mower stop?

When I engage the clutch lever the mower would begin running again.

What do you think is the problem.

BTW, it's a little late now, but you should always start a new thread  in the implement forum for this type of question.     It should not be tacked on to someone else's post.

It disrupts his thread, but it also makes your question and the answers difficult for other members to find and offer advice.

• Like 1