Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

That would be interesting. 

What level of thickness are we talking?

Im thinking maybe 4mm. 2mm as the base layer and then all the lettering etc raised 2mm, so about 1/8 of an inch thick. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: @Wheel Horse 3D!  That’s quite an entrance to the party we call RedSquare!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wheel Horse 3D

@8ntruckIm currently running an Ender 3. It was a good price and Ive been pleased with the results.

A buddy of mine runs a prusa with the attached multi material unit. Awesome setup, but above my price range for now.

Hopefully doing some custom stuff for Wheel Horse fans will help finance the 3d print setup!

Wheel Horse 3D

@pullstart

Thank you sir! I pretty much avoid online so I've been following the Wheel Horse scene incognito for quite a while, figured it was time to jump in...so I started right here on Red Square!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
16 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

@pullstart

Thank you sir! I pretty much avoid online so I've been following the Wheel Horse scene incognito for quite a while, figured it was time to jump in...so I started right here on Red Square!

Best spot to do so!

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D
11 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

20210131_170623.jpg

20210131_115242.jpg

Just realized that i dont need the small gap between the horse and wheel(just got that stuck in my brain because the original raised front badges had it) ill have to remodel these and see how it looks, espe ially on the hood ornament

Wheel Horse 3D

Hers an original on a headlight cover, also note the hubcapped wheel

SmartSelect_20210201-075047_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut
15 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Just realized that i dont need the small gap between the horse and wheel(just got that stuck in my brain because the original raised front badges had it) ill have to remodel these and see how it looks, espe ially on the hood ornament

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:   Always glad to see some creative new members join the family.   :romance-grouphug: I like the look of the space between the head and wheel but it would be stronger being one piece.  I'm sire there will be a lot of interest in this type of ornamental art for our :wh:.    :text-thankyoublue:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

IMHO it would be a good option to keep both types available. Personally, I kind of prefer the slight gap between the wheel and the horse.

I think it adds a nice level of definition. 

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Alrighty!

2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

but it would be stronger being one piece.  

Looks like ya'll like the gap! Either way the deeper portion is all one piece. Overall im trying to think two ways...fancy...for those who want that extra wow, and classic for the purist who want it as close to the original as possible.Either way, its easy ,once I have a model, to adjust the details to suit.

16121929514617404269852135775851.jpg

16121930240843058784576566364635.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Wheel Horse 3D

With gap, or without

Standard, hubcap, or spoked wheels

Standard horse outline, or fancy speedy horse

All easily customized!

• Excellent 3

Wheel Horse 3D

B-100 automatic model badge

1612199500268695146286754040801.jpg

• Excellent 2

roadapples

Like your  first pic better than the wood one

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
30 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Like your  first pic better than the wood one

LOL me too...I couldn't help channeling some old school art deco, back in the days when cars looked like they were flying even when standing still !!!

Some folks are a bit more originalist though and ya gotta love that too.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

@8ntruck

im currently using 123Design software, with Cura slicer. Fusion 360 is supposed to be really good, but i just hate EVERYTHING being tied together and to the cloud.

8ntruck
1 hour ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

@8ntruck

im currently using 123Design software, with Cura slicer. Fusion 360 is supposed to be really good, but i just hate EVERYTHING being tied together and to the cloud.

I've just loaded a copy of FreeCad.  A far cry from what I was using before I retired.  Still getting used to the command syntax.  Looks like the surfacing capabilities are not as good as Solid Works or Catia.

I looked at Fusion 360, but it seems they no longer offer a free license for a hobby user.

Wheel Horse 3D

@8ntruck check out the autodesk 123d design, its free, and im pretty aure the Cura is as well. I use most of my stuff off line, and the 123d has been pretty good to me. Features like lofting and being able to tweak individual face. There is a learning curve, but not much I havent been able to do with it as you can see.

Wheel Horse 3D

Just picked up a headlight lens and decal kit for a C-161. I'll be working on working up the models, starting with the lens, and then working my way through the decals.

Some stuff  i'll have to print in multiple sections, and well see how they go. Anything less than 8 inches or so I can do in one go.

• Excellent 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Working on printing the parts to put together an enclosure, similar to this one, which will improve the surface adhesion, and limit warping when i print in ABS.

ABS has great temperature resistance, and durability (think black plastic under your car hood). A couple other materials might be suitable as well, but for now ABS is my go to.

SmartSelect_20210202-204312_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

You guys are all talking Greek  to me ... I'm a grease monkey ... but I like what you are doing:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Heres my next major object to model.

Still pondering how best to do it! Lol

I think ill print it face down, and ill have to divide into 3 and reassemble. Gonna be fun geting the white horse logo in there clean, and polishing the plastic clear. Might be best to prnt the frame then bring the lens in feom behind. Gonna be fun!

16123304522107704870436550470537.jpg

• Like 4

Wheel Horse 3D

Can anyone get me the exact dimensions of the stock hood ornament? I have access to the off branded fin shaped one, but not one of the originals. I have models already made up for the bare original style, one similar to rg854 s wooden one, and the speedy one i did, but i need to get the hole spacing, hole size and other dimensions correct.

Screenshot_20210203-080125_Chrome.jpg

roadapples
9 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Heres my next major object to model.

Still pondering how best to do it! Lol

I think ill print it face down, and ill have to divide into 3 and reassemble. Gonna be fun geting the white horse logo in there clean, and polishing the plastic clear. Might be best to prnt the frame then bring the lens in feom behind. Gonna be fun!

16123304522107704870436550470537.jpg

I want one with the chrome horse. :ychain:

Wheel Horse 3D
5 hours ago, roadapples said:

I want one with the chrome horse. :ychain:

Would you like it with  the chrome hubcap too?

• Haha 1