Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

bc.gold
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Yep, I'm an electronics guy also so I knows 'bout that stuff.  I would use multiple LEDs. Probably 3 in series.  500 Ohms should be just about right.

How about optic fiber, many vehicles use it for dash lighting light is fed from a single source.

RandyLittrell
22 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

KE5MWM here!

K0VWL Tech here and also my GMRS WRJV985

Thank you for your service!!

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Thanks 1

Jeff-C175
2 minutes ago, bcgold said:

optic fiber

Would be cool, but it would mean opening my wallet!  In stock I ave all the LEDs, resistors and wire I need! 

roadapples

Yeah, hope they stay affordable...

Wheel Horse 3D
1 hour ago, bcgold said:

How about optic fiber, 

Hey! Just run one fiber to each eye. That would be wicked!

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

K0VWL Tech here and also my GMRS WRJV985

Thank you for your service!!

Randy

73 Randy!   Lol i knew someone who knew ohms law was almost certainly a ham, all my school taught counterparts can read the meter but thats about it, they dont understand what it means 

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Would be cool, but it would mean opening my wallet!  In stock I ave all the LEDs, resistors and wire I need! 

Check out some of the model stuff for railroads and dioramas...theres an easy way to feed a fiber from an led...scrounge some optic fiber from a yardsale, junk pile, or cheap dollar store item, or even better if ya know a fiberoptic cable guy who could give ya some scrap

Wheel Horse 3D

https://makezine.com/projects/how-to-connect-optical-fibers-to-leds-and-sensors/

There we go! I would add some foil around the led head to reflect back as much light as possible toward the fiber.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
Addition

ebinmaine

Some super cool ideas here.....

Wheel Horse 3D

bc.gold
15 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Mold is two halves, also the ear tabs closed, the mold I want is larger than your work area.

Wheel Horse 3D
1 minute ago, bcgold said:

Mold is two halves, also the ear tabs closed, the mold I want is larger than your work area.

I didnt want to split the model before finalizing the shape. 

roadapples

I don't  need anything  this  fancy, but on the lights, what's  the stuff  they use on bow (archery) sights...

DennisThornton
11 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Check out some of the model stuff for railroads and dioramas...theres an easy way to feed a fiber from an led...scrounge some optic fiber from a yardsale, junk pile, or cheap dollar store item, or even better if ya know a fiberoptic cable guy who could give ya some scrap

Wicked cool stuff here:

modelrailroadacademy.com

13 minutes ago, roadapples said:

I don't  need anything  this  fancy, but on the lights, what's  the stuff  they use on bow (archery) sights...

Fiber optics.  But they have to have some light coming in to work.  Maybe from one side to the other side would work some but I think the optical use gathers from the sides and makes the ends brighter.  Don't know for sure...

CRAFTS-FIBER-OPTIC-FRONT-SIGHT-REPLACEMENT-RODS-INSERTS-FREE-SHIPPING

Wheel Horse 3D
28 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Thats just optical filament, like you see in those cheap fiberoptic flowers and on fiberoptic christmas trees

• Like 1

roadapples

OK, I  have lights. Just need an affordable  lense....

Wheel Horse 3D

MORE GEEK SPEAK!

fiberoptic fibers(whether they be inexpensive plastic filaments or fiber glass telecom cables)

Rely on the internal refraction of the material.

The same way a pencil looks bent behind a glass of water, light traveling along the fiber gets bent( refracted) at the interface between two different materials.(whether those materials be the fiber and air, or the fiber and an outer shell) at such an angle that they bend back into the inside of the fiber, and the process repeats untill it comes out the end. Some losses occur out the sides of the material especially in bends of the fiber, because the curve of the interface then exceeds the refraction angle.

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Hot glue actually works rather well over a short distance to carry light.

Wheel Horse 3D
14 minutes ago, roadapples said:

OK, I  have lights. Just need an affordable  lense....

As soon as I get these hood ornaments lined out ill be printing and lining out some options

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

Cant seem to get video to load oh well

ebinmaine
39 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Best bet is to load it onto YouTube then put a link here. That also helps keep memory usage down for the site. 

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

1612638410729968805801565714808.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut

Like EB said, YouTube is the way to attach videos here. Start your YouTube video, copy and paste the address to your post and you are good to go.