littleredrider

D-250

littleredrider

Gonna be getting the D250 that’s in the classifieds, can’t remember the s/n of seller. But I’ve been trying to find some info on em, and not really finding much. I’ve read bout the trans and the steering, but really bout it. It is an early one with the genny n not the alternator. That part not worried bout, but trying to find out bout the trans. I’ve read that could take a JD 400 trans n put in, but again can’t find anything. I can’t even find a pic of the trans/transaxle anywhere online. I want to put a loader on it, n don’t want the rear to grenade...

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

This one?  

I have heard they have turn brakes and maybe a selectable locker?  Maybe the locker I’m dreaming.  I know not much about them, but am interested to learn more!  They were however produced by Gutbrod and have a Renault engine.

littleredrider

That's the one. guess the motor runs good, guess might need fuel pump no biggy, but the tranny works as the diff lock. They do have cutting brakes, can barely see the two pedals. They have a gas pedal, which is weird, not a regular throttle lever, something I plan on adding. The early ones don't have front hydraulics, which isn't a huge deal, but need em to use a plow. Seems it uses a setup similar to a John Deere at my mothers, technically mine lol. But I don't see why I could add front AND rear, as long as the pump is the same. I found some links to Gutbrod but they were dead links. I'd like to read up on em. Wonder if I know anyone across the pond that could get parts lol. 

• Like 1

littleredrider

Saw some of them, not all!! Thanks! 

Pollack Pete

I had two D-250's up til a couple years ago.One ran great.One was for parts,but complete.Kinda tough to find parts for.Needed a mechanical fuel pump.Found a brand new one on E-bay.Needed points and condenser.Ended up buying used ones.Some people said tune up parts from  a certain model Renault would work.My old time NAPA dealer could never identify the parts.The D-250 sure is a super heavy duty tractor.When you sit on one,all other WH'S seem tiny in comparrison.Water cooled 4 cyl.I guess tranny was like 10 speed.Mine had front hydraulic taps.3 point hitch.Real nice toy to have ,but I wouldn't depend on one as a worker due to parts availabilty.Would I ever buy another one?? Certainly,After all,I am a glutten for punishment.

• Like 5

squonk

I spent month's digging thru ignition parts books for these. Never could match up a thing. And that's without the annoyance of a paving contractor screaming about the price of a socket set in front of me! :helmet: I think there is some availability out of Europe. :UK:  @Stormin ??

There is a reason you don't see Renault cars running around the USA anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

953 nut

Here is a post from a couple years back that should help make up your mind.

• Excellent 1

squonk
27 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Here is a post from a couple years back that should help make up your mind.

So 3 years ago this project "ground" to a halt? :confusion-confused::confusion-seeingstars::eusa-think::scratchead:

Stormin
5 hours ago, squonk said:

:UK:  @Stormin ?? 

Sorry! Can't be of any help.

littleredrider

Read that post, sounds like it got hammered on. Hoping this one isn't that way. But, since it kinda a car lay out, inline motor, regular clutch/trans, thinking maybe could adapt a small car/truck axle in it. Not really concerned bout the PTO, downfall wouldn't have hi/low range. But with the right parts, could make it really low geared....

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Check with @Maxwell-8. He is in Belgium , he may know of source for parts or @Tractorheadin Germany . It is german build tractor I think .

• Like 2

Maxwell-8

Gutbrod 2500, they are the European D-250, i believe they are the  same. parts  are rather easy to find in Germany.  and the motor, a 4cyl Renault engine parts are easy to find in France.

The trannys are strong, but finding the right gear is quite hard, as some trannys shift like stirring in the soup :D.

I have seen Gutbrod's 2500 as young as 2011

If you need any parts or help, we are here.

gutbrod-2500-gesehen-bei-motorrad-oldtimer-freunden-120515.jpg

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Maxwell-8
8 hours ago, squonk said:

There is a reason you don't see Renault cars running around the USA anymore. 

Mercedes uses renault engines in almost any 4 cylinder car. 

Renault has had an engine in a car from pretty much every brand.

I don't like there quality tho.:text-imsorry:

squonk

I worked at a Renault dealer. I know. Total Crap.

• Haha 1

Handy Don
37 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Gutbrod 2500, they are the European D-250

gutbrod-2500-gesehen-bei-motorrad-oldtimer-freunden-120515.jpg

Nice looking machine with the front fenders, mud flaps, and massive front axle support.

• Like 3

Tractorhead

Here‘s a Website of a Gutbrod Gearhead and parts Dealer.

https://gutbrod-schrauber.de

On „Ersatzteile“ you will find his spareparts.

i would ask him for your needed Parts,

as far as i knew he is able to conversate in English.

• Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 hour ago, squonk said:

I worked at a Renault dealer. I know. Total Crap.

You have worked every where. He he

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
2 hours ago, littleredrider said:

Read that post, sounds like it got hammered on. Hoping this one isn't that way. But, since it kinda a car lay out, inline motor, regular clutch/trans, thinking maybe could adapt a small car/truck axle in it. Not really concerned bout the PTO, downfall wouldn't have hi/low range. But with the right parts, could make it really low geared....

Drop a V6 or inline 4 in it . Problem solved.

squonk
13 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You have worked every where. He he

One of the worst day of my life when the Chevy dealer I was working at bought the AMC JEEP Renault dealer out down the street

• Sad 1

AHS
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Drop a V6 or inline 4 in it . Problem solved.

Drop a  Toyota 22R in there... bulletproof reliability and torque! 🤔 hmmm 

littleredrider

I was thinking of some type of 4 banger. V-6 would just spiral out of control lol. I do have a 6.0 liter I just picked up...hmmm. Nope not doing it lol. There is a couple of JD's at work that are prolly gonna get scrapped, but they are sub-combact, tho the motor won't the issue it would be the trans. Gotta see if I can get it first. Just trying to learn much as I can bout it em. 

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk and @953 nut Wasn't there an older gentleman who displayed  a D 250 at the BS. Wonder if he is on RS ?

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Look a bit arround his Website gutbod schrauber and Found an interesting PDF on his Site.

https://gutbrod-schrauber.de/onewebmedia/werkstattanleitung.pdf

May that helps a little.

on any question‘s i will be help you to translate it, to try to prevent any missunderstoods.

• Excellent 2

littleredrider

Think I have translator on my laptop, thanks!!!  

• Thanks 1