Sign in to follow this  
tgranthamfd

tgranthamfd's Suburban

tgranthamfd

Worked on the tranny some today, pics are in the tranny section. Painted some more of the rear end parts, steering parts, and assembled some of the front end, as well. :thumbs: Thanks for looking.

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

here is the painted hitch. :thumbs2:

DSC00897.jpg

and this is the brake pulley, and steering arm.

DSC00899.jpg

Duff

Looking great, Terry!

Duff :thumbs2:

tgranthamfd

Hi members, sorry I haven't been on here much, been busy at work and still waiting on transmission parts. Got the front suspension completed, tranny bearings out, started cleaning up all, and got the poor old hood in the tank. Here is a couple of pics. for you. Sorry about the crummy pic from my phone, didn't know I had my camera in the truck. :thumbs2:

Front end top and bottom view...

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

and the hood half cleaned.

08-19-09_0123.jpg

08-19-09_0124.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Coadster32

Looking great Terry. I like the black parts, as I did the same. (and maybe a little more) Keep up the good work. :thumbs2:

tgranthamfd

Thanks Chris, I had a picture in my head, then your post came up, so I changed up a few things. I have 1 cool little thing I did with the tool box that you guys may like, but I'm not going to reveal that until I am nearer to compleation. BTW the parts came in yesterday, and a big thanks to you. C ya next time. :thumbs2:

gwgdog66

That hood came out looking good :thumbs2:

tgranthamfd

Got some better pictures of the hood, flipped it in the tank, did some cleanup on the transmission side plate, and possibly found a replacement # for the WH#1502 bearing, that is 3/8" thick very hard to come by. Let you guys know if they will work next week. Here is a couple of pics for ya. Thanks for lookin.

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

Repaired axle tube weld and repaired side plate shaft wear damage.

Before

DSC00912.jpg

After

DSC00913.jpg

Before

DSC00909.jpg

After

DSC00917.jpg

tgranthamfd

Little update, got tranny all back together, just hope it works when it is time for it to. Thanks for looking.

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

tgranthamfd

Here is one more for ya! Thanks

DSC00946.jpg

MikesRJ

Purdy! :scratchead:

tgranthamfd

Thank goodness we have had a rare but rainy weekend, gave me some time to play. Upsized the megapixles so I won't post to many, unless you guys want more. :scratchead: Started assembly and couldn't stop, untill I had to. Thanks for looking.

DSC00951.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

Just had to check and see.

DSC00959.jpg

Or

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

tgranthamfd

I don't know how much you can see in the pohtos, but there is going to be a lot of touch up, everything was really tight and some of the parts got the paint kinda roughed up. Still have a lot of little things to do, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, now. With any luck I will have the K91 paint freshened up tomorrow and maybe a couple of the smaller stuff back on it. The deck and hood are the next mountains to climb. Just want to thank everyone for there help and support thus far. :scratchead:

bell

Looking REALLY good Terry!!!! :scratchead:

tgranthamfd

I wanted to do something a little different with the tool box and keep some of the alternating colors at the back so I did the outside of the box with the red and did the inside of the box with the rubberized undercoating. Should keep it fairly scratch resistant inside there plus it looks pretty neat, too.

bell

It does add a nice touch!

I used rattle can truck bed liner on the inside of my 633's tool box... Great minds think alike! :scratchead:

bitten

I used the same stuff on my battery stand. Added a nice look to it, but not sure if it would hold up to the acid so I got a dry cell battery to make sure.

Your progress is looking very nice, cant wait to see the finished results.

gwgdog66

That looks good brother! :scratchead:

MikesRJ

:hide: AWESOME Terry! I love the black accents, makes it really stand out. :scratchead:

tgranthamfd

Doesn't seem like much got done today, compared to yesterday. Took all the tins off of the K91, painted it and all the tins, painted all the leftover pullies, the brake band ( thanks coadster ), seat bolt head, and made a new clutch rod. I think I read it should have been 24" and it was about 19" long. Let me know if these measurments are correct. Didn't get a picture of it but I should have, it turned out pretty nice but it ended up being only 23" long. Sometimes I am measurment challenged, it looked right in my head. Bought a peice of 3/8" round steel rod, bent, cut, drilled for pins, and welded 5/16" flat washers on it for stops. :scratchead: Here is the K91 and the tins. Thanks for looking.

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

Coadster32

Keep up the good work. Looks great. Nice to see others changing up the paint scheme to make it their own. :scratchead:

tgranthamfd

Well, got the K91 on her, along with the drive pully and the clutch idler, brake band, and one of the clutch rods. The rod doesn't seem right at factory length or the old modified length, may have to make one inbetween sized. Repainted the seat and bolt and sat it on. also got in the new / correct air breather assembly half on, and painted the top cover. How about an action shot. :scratchead: of me not the tractor.

DSC00985.jpg

and where I am at, at the end of today.

DSC00986.jpg

and the freshened up seat and bolt.

DSC00988.jpg

Be honest, do you guys think this looks alright, the homade control cable assembly. The choke lever will be shorter than the throttel lever, best I could come up with.

DSC00977.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Duff

Terry, that's looking GREAT! (Also glad to see I'm not the only Horse fan crazy enough to be reading/making posts at this hour!)

Duff :scratchead:

MikesRJ

Terry,

Looking real sharp!

Mike

Brian1045

That horse is looking great!!

I've enjoyed following your progress.

:scratchead: :hide:

tgranthamfd

Terry, that's looking GREAT! (Also glad to see I'm not the only Horse fan crazy enough to be reading/making posts at this hour!)

Duff :hide:

Duff, This is my normal hours, I usually don't even get off work and get home until around 1 am ish. I am usually still reading up at 3 to 4 am. :scratchead: Thank goodness for weekends. :ychain: