johnnymag3

Prototype GT 14 for Snow

johnnymag3
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I was kind of wondering if it was a custom Fab by a PO...

If I only knew...…..I cannot find any history on this thing, but I am very interested in acquiring it....

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Have you been able to go see it yet ?

• Like 1

johnnymag3
9 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Have you been able to go see it yet ?

No, its a 2 day drive for me

:(

Edited by johnnymag3
  • Like 1

ebinmaine

I'd say that the cab is not super old because it doesn't seem like it's all cracked and faded like a 50-year-old cab should be.

The rest of the tractor ... who knows? There's plenty of us who are fully capable of producing something like that.

My view. If the price is right and the machine is solid, go get it. I don't know that it's worth any particular amount of money over and above what a standard GT 14 would be.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
34 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

No, its a 2 day drive for me

:(

Hmm....  I’m guessing you can’t get to Canada right now... where is a 2 day drive from NY that still gets snow?  :hide:

:ROTF:

littleredrider

Colorado is a 30 hours straight.....

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I see a resemblance to the fender pan on an Ingersoll tractor. 

775-td4-b01.jpg

• Like 1

johnnymag3

Can you send a rear shot of the Ingersoll

johnnymag3

Actually, its not even close...I did a layover, and the shape is all wrong....Grabbing for straws here guys....

Thanks for any and all input

johnnymag3
2 hours ago, littleredrider said:

Colorado is a 30 hours straight.....

I dont do 30 hours straight....7 per day....and thats it. Nothing worth 30 hours straight....unless YOU are driving

johnnymag3

If someone wants to bring it to me, Im willing to pay....Just Saying............................

littleredrider
11 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

I dont do 30 hours straight....7 per day....and thats it. Nothing worth 30 hours straight....unless YOU are driving

Didn’t say I was gonna lol, just saying 2 days is cross the country 

• Thanks 2

Jeff-C175

What strikes me is that if it was built for snow only, why turf tires?  Of course they could have been changed out during the intervening years, probably were, but just an observation.  

• Like 1

71_Bronco

Definitely cool and unique, especially if it does have the one-off cast pieces as discussed.

I don't care for the cab, looks kinda hack compared to the work on the cast parts and the rest of the tractor. The way it hinges back looks like the builder took the easy way out to not fab doors / a door.

Would be a neat tractor to have

• Like 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

why turf tires

Up here that's a normal thing. Turfs are less expensive and easier to get. 

Fluid fill them. Add chains. Presto!!

Winter tires. 

• Like 2

gt14rider

First thought rear fender off a small Tug, as used on air port flight line maybe? Fenders look short. If for snow only, someone  used attach o matic mid mount, far as I know GT 14 did not have manual clutch, floorboards not right, and if factory you would think they would use a wheel horse cab. Yellow paint on levers reminds me of old military equipment.:twocents-02cents:

19richie66

Was thinking about the yellow levers. I could see it military gray. I agree on the tug theory. Factory or not it would be neat to have. By dash, headlights being “off”....... looks like they just adapted brighter lights to the hole.

Edited by 19richie66

johnnymag3

The more I look at this thing, the more I see a creation that somebody wanted to make. All of the points made by the great guys here at RS have my wheels turning.....

:text-thankyouyellow:                      :greetings-clappingyellow:                               :text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 1

oliver2-44
On 1/25/2021 at 5:47 PM, johnnymag3 said:

If someone wants to bring it to me, Im willing to pay....Just Saying............................

So if your not buying it spill the beans where it’s at😎

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19richie66

Where did the pictures go? @johnnymag3 Did you get this one? I was looking at some photos this morning and the D250 fender pan looks almost just like the one you had pictured here. 

johnnymag3

Owner was angry that I was asking people here to help me with a purchase...so He asked to have the pictures removed.....   ???? Odd I thought

• Confused 1

19richie66
3 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

Owner was angry that I was asking people here to help me with a purchase...so He asked to have the pictures removed.....   ???? Odd I thought

He’s hiding something 😎

:laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Pullstart

So how ‘bout you become the owner quick like so we can see more pics?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

I read the other thread that the owner made. Two things come to mind, I guess you shouldn't have posted them.if your agreed not to, but anyone not wanting you to research something they are claiming is trying to pull the wool.over your eyes. I don't believe it's a prototype, most prototypes are more crude in look because they are just R&Ding to see if feasible to produce. I just think someone made a nice custom, and it a guy looked enough, we would probably find where those fenders came from. I doubt they are made from scratch, but ya never know.

Randy

• Like 2