Higg94

Dozer conversion plans

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, wallfish said:

There was a build on here of one. I have those plans somewhere so I'll try and find them

Lots of cutting and welding to make those tracks

Showed the above picture to The Paint Department. 

She seems to think it needs to be combined with a FEL. 

We DO have legit usage for a machine like that...

• Like 1

Higg94
7 hours ago, pacer said:

What with attempting a try at this, (whew! makes me tired just imagining it) the track itself would seem to be one of the biggest hurdles.... In reading thru my local CL I see these guys ad often and could be a big help with tracks. Have to admit tho, sure is an interesting idea..........

https://shreveport.craigslist.org/grq/d/want-free-shipping-we-have-it-rubber/7264750370.html

After building the dozer I would like to build a mini drum type chopper/shredder to mount on the front to cut paths through briars and not have to worry about flats plus tracks on anything just make it better 😂

• Excellent 1

Higg94
3 hours ago, wallfish said:

There was a build on here of one. I have those plans somewhere so I'll try and find them

If you can find those plans that would be awesome!!

Higg94
4 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

I would love to see this topic explode!  I'd love to have a little dozer too!  
Decades ago, before I had any GTs I read a multi month Mother's Earth project to make a GT from odds and ends.  Loved the article!  But I can't see ever doing it.  Unless I can find some used track I can't see making a dozer either, not even starting with a tractor.

From "pacer"'s link:

https://texasrubbertracks.com/product/bobcat-e10-rubber-track/

Bobcat E10 Rubber Track

$275.00 $177.00

Rubber tracks would be a really great way to go the hardest part would be getting the right size sprocket and then front idler to fit and be proportionally sized for the machine. The perfect rubber track situation would be an entire undercarriage off of a ditch witch trencher but if you use the entire undercarriage that takes away from the fun of the build  

• Like 2

Higg94

This is my current build not all from a horse but it’s sitting on two wheel horse frames. Case hyd axels, fenders, hood. 2 sets hyd outlets on front and 2 sets on the back with a case 3 point on the back also. I bought a John Deere 4 way blade and a snow blower to mount on the front and built a bracket to accept John Deere’s quick tach. Has a kohler ch725 for engine. Will be building an aluminum frame cab for it in the next few weeks. 

2C74B280-439E-4712-A4FF-13CF14C23D82.jpeg

DCCBDB00-6328-4789-BB73-C1AFAAD2F052.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

DennisThornton
26 minutes ago, Higg94 said:

Rubber tracks would be a really great way to go the hardest part would be getting the right size sprocket and then front idler to fit and be proportionally sized for the machine. The perfect rubber track situation would be an entire undercarriage off of a ditch witch trencher but if you use the entire undercarriage that takes away from the fun of the build  

Yep!  Or at least I think so.  Tim Taylor would want metal, and I might as well later but for now, rubber tracks! 

• Like 1

DennisThornton
3 hours ago, wallfish said:

I saw some links to this forum but didn't see anything I could follow.  Knew there had to be but I've not search here on this site yet.  (Figured you or someone would chime in...)

I'd love to see a new project that would build on a previous one anyway.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Higg94 said:

current build

That looks fantastic!

I'd love to see as much detail and pictures as you'd be willing to take the time to do.

There are lots of us on this site that really enjoy this type of thing. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Higg94 said:

plus tracks on anything just make it better

No way around it. This is absolutely correct.

Just imagine if you had tracks under tracks that were on top of tracks and all the tracking you could do.

Seriously though, you've got me thinking... This might be a build for the future for Trina and me.......

• Like 1

DennisThornton
8 hours ago, Higg94 said:

This is my current build not all from a horse but it’s sitting on two wheel horse frames. Case hyd axels, fenders, hood. 2 sets hyd outlets on front and 2 sets on the back with a case 3 point on the back also. I bought a John Deere 4 way blade and a snow blower to mount on the front and built a bracket to accept John Deere’s quick tach. Has a kohler ch725 for engine. Will be building an aluminum frame cab for it in the next few weeks. 

2C74B280-439E-4712-A4FF-13CF14C23D82.jpeg

Wow!

DennisThornton
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

That looks fantastic!

I'd love to see as much detail and pictures as you'd be willing to take the time to do.

There are lots of us on this site that really enjoy this type of thing. 

Yeah!  This needs a couple rolls of film!  Closeups, especially the articulating linkage, drive train and heck, the whole thing!

• Like 1

squonk

Those little 200 series Tractors will do more than you think. I had one for 20 years. Did more than just mow! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Those little 200 series Tractors will do more than you think. I had one for 20 years. Did more than just mow! :occasion-xmas:

Glad to hear!  I almost bought a 200 series with a snow blade but was nervous about it and passed.  Don't really need one now...

I know first hand that the 240-260 series should not be underestimated!  Been my main mower for years now.  Got a blower for it too but just haven't used it yet.

Jayzauto

Maybe check out Norman @ ISaveTractors.com website.  Seems to me he was making some sort of Dozer.  I really had no interest in the build, so I don’t recall any of the details, other than it looked like a cool project.  And a little more involved than just an engine overhaul.  Worth a look.  

GLuck, Jay

oilwell1415
19 hours ago, wallfish said:

I would be really tempted to just buy the tracks from Magnatrac.  You used to be able to get a full set for under $1000 from their parts department.  Don't know if that's still doable or not.  Haven't thought about them in years.

Wheel Horse 3D

That IS Nice Dennis!

SmartSelect_20210318-160038_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

I save tractors did a halftrack, but it was the wrong color!