littleredrider

520 ain't chargin'

littleredrider

So for a while now the 520 has been hit or miss on charging. The gauge has always worked, but lately it seems never got into green, as it's charging. Even at an idle, it would still show its charging. I got a new regulator, doing some reading and thought that be it. Well, just went out and installed it and tried, and shows it on the line of yellow/green, think at 12 volts. To me sounds like the alternator, but this ain't a truck lol. I can't find my multimeter, or I'd verify if it was charging or not. I'm thinking it's not, cause my fuel pump is getting weak, and if crank for a bit, can hear the starter slowing down. 

WHX??
9 minutes ago, littleredrider said:

I can't find my multimeter,

Find it... or get another HF cheapy. Can't check the stator without one. 

Handy Don
12 minutes ago, littleredrider said:

So for a while now the 520 has been hit or miss on charging. The gauge has always worked, but lately it seems never got into green, as it's charging. Even at an idle, it would still show its charging. I got a new regulator, doing some reading and thought that be it. Well, just went out and installed it and tried, and shows it on the line of yellow/green, think at 12 volts. To me sounds like the alternator, but this ain't a truck lol. I can't find my multimeter, or I'd verify if it was charging or not. I'm thinking it's not, cause my fuel pump is getting weak, and if crank for a bit, can hear the starter slowing down. 

Battery age and condition?

littleredrider

Trying to remember how old the battery is. Pretty sure not that old. At one point every friggin' thing I owned with a battery seemed to go at once. I'll dig around and see if I can find the m/m...

Ed Kennell
8 hours ago, littleredrider said:

charging or not. I'm thinking it's not, cause my fuel pump is getting weak,

Have you replaced the factory vacuum pulse pump with an electric pump?

littleredrider

I have one but didn’t install it yet.