racerjohnbf

Looking for my first Horse....Which model?

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Rusty Tinsnips said:

Thinking about putting this seat on the Raider 10

KIMG0794.JPG

KIMG0795.JPG

KIMG0796.JPG

Yepp. 

Y'oughtta. 

• Like 2

racerjohnbf
34 minutes ago, Rusty Tinsnips said:

Thinking about putting this seat on the Raider 10

KIMG0794.JPG

KIMG0795.JPG

KIMG0796.JPG

Nice setup! I have the same wheel

G27 right? Just upgraded to a Fanatec with a load cell brake. I want to build a rig like yours, just need to get to the scrap yard and find a decent seat.

You should fire that rig back up!

racerjohnbf
53 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

No kidding. That's pretty awesome.

We have a friend up here that loves simulated flying.

She has a cockpit that is basically made out of a black plywood cube probably 4 ft wide by 5 ft high by 6 ft long or a little smaller. 

Full set of overhead and dash control switches that are all live and five or seven screens to represent different window positions.

Wow that's pretty cool! It's pretty amazing how real some of those sim setups are. Does she fly real planes too? 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, racerjohnbf said:

Wow that's pretty cool! It's pretty amazing how real some of those sim setups are. Does she fly real planes too? 

Not that I know of ......... ??

• Like 1

racerjohnbf

Well that's ok, I don't drive real race cars either. :lol:

Edited by racerjohnbf
Dang auto correct
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

racerjohnbf

Ok back on topic (for a moment at least). I mentioned to my wife I had joined this forum was gonna look for a deal on a garden tractor. I made her a nice margarita first 😉. She looked at me with that look at first. You guys know that look.

Well I then explained to her how useful if would be and how it could take the place of a couple of the smaller lawn tractors I have.

She just kinda looked at me for a moment and didnt say anything. I dropped it for the moment after that. I figure I have her blessing since she didn't say no. Right? 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, racerjohnbf said:

I figure I have her blessing since she didn't say no. Right? 

I have held much conference with my Paint Department which you will soon come to know as Trina.

She has declared that if "the look"  changed, that could be construed as permission.

• Thanks 1

AHS
39 minutes ago, racerjohnbf said:

Ok back on topic (for a moment at least). I mentioned to my wife I had joined this forum was gonna look for a deal on a garden tractor. I made her a nice margarita first 😉. She looked at me with that look at first. You guys know that look.

Well I then explained to her how useful if would be and how it could take the place of a couple of the smaller lawn tractors I have.

She just kinda looked at me for a moment and didnt say anything. I dropped it for the moment after that. I figure I have her blessing since she didn't say no. Right? 

The look! Uh huh! Like two eyes burning right thru you! You should have let her finished that margarita then made her another one... and then brought up the tractor talk😀

• Haha 2

racerjohnbf
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I have held much conference with my Paint Department which you will soon come to know as Trina.

She has declared that if "the look"  changed, that could be construed as permission.

The look did in fact change from what appeared to be "what do want to buy now" to.... well i'm not exactly sure what it changed to lol. But it definitely changed so I'm gonna start.... well continue looking lol.

10 hours ago, AHS said:

The look! Uh huh! Like two eyes burning right thru you! You should have let her finished that margarita then made her another one... and then brought up the tractor talk😀

Well the look wasn't quite that bad and I did in fact make her another margarita lol. But she has been pretty stressed lately with working from home, trying to keep our daughter occupied and helping get her school work done. All with our internet going out for a week! So I decided to just let that marinate for a bit.

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, racerjohnbf said:

So I decided to just let that *****

You will do well grasshopper. 

• Thanks 1

AHS

How warm is you temperature @racerjohnbf? It’s 21 for us here! If you get an 8 speed, check the tranny dipstick.it will probably have water in it... just replace the shifter boot..and drain the tranny fluid. 

3C787ABF-B5E1-4552-A6A6-69EA229C768C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

racerjohnbf
30 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You will do well grasshopper. 

Than you master, I try to learn quickly.

19 minutes ago, AHS said:

How warm is you temperature @racerjohnbf? It’s 21 for us here! If you get an 8 speed, check the tranny dipstick.it will probably have water in it... just replace the shifter boot..and drain the tranny fluid. 

Thanks for the advise, I will look out for that for sure. 

• Haha 1

racerjohnbf

@AHS It is about 29 this morning but supposed to get up to 49. Temps are supposed to drop next week with highs in the 30's though. Still nothings like the cold yall have to deal with though.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

We've really been lucky this year. It's been a very warm winter so far but that's changing this past week to a level of normal.

Most of January is usually single digits or teens in the morning and 25 to 35 in the afternoon but so far this year I've only seen two days start with singles. This weekend probably a couple more.

The HIGH on Saturday is supposed to be a ridiculous 24°...

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I can't remember if I've brought this up in this thread already but it deserves a second mention anyhow.

John, do a search for baseline here on the site.

Sort it out a little bit and you'll find lists of what various people do to tractors that are new to us.

• Like 1

AHS
37 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

We've really been lucky this year. It's been a very warm winter so far but that's changing this past week to a level of normal.

Most of January is usually single digits or teens in the morning and 25 to 35 in the afternoon but so far this year I've only seen two days start with singles. This weekend probably a couple more.

The HIGH on Saturday is supposed to be a ridiculous 24°...

I burn pellets for heat.  I measure the winter in pellets, so far I have just gone thru a ton! This is a mild winter!!😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

racerjohnbf
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

this year I've only seen two days start with singles

We don't temps that low very often. A couple years ago was the first time in my 43yrs that I have ever seen below 0 temps and it caused a lot of things to closed down.

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I can't remember if I've brought this up in this thread already but it deserves a second mention anyhow.

John, do a search for baseline here on the site.

Sort it out a little bit and you'll find lists of what various people do to tractors that are new to us.

Thanks for the tip! I have lots of reading to do.

ebinmaine
52 minutes ago, racerjohnbf said:

lots of reading to do.

You do. You do. Yes.

But I think a lot of us could agree that it's time to put a disclaimer in here.

As I write this text it's 10:25 or so am Eastern.

Friday.

If you suddenly look around the room after your face has been stuck to the phone or PC and you realize it's Tuesday or Wednesday... It's not my fault or anyone else around here.

Please be sure to tell your wife we really are trying to help even if we aren't. 

I know I personally have never ever gotten stuck on Redsquare  for way too long....:hide:

:wh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

racerjohnbf

@ebinmaine I promise to keep you all in the wife's good graces, even when I am not lol. I've been stuck on here since I first signed up on Sunday. Well along with CL and MP.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Back to off topic...

4 seater plane (Cessna?) pilot had is hands in his lap and feet crossed for take off, flight pattern and landing

helicopter (same pilot, he had his hands on the controls too for safety but I did the work)

both before I had a license to operate anything but a boat.

Lamborghini Gallardo (even got to drive it off road, if you consider blowing through the corner at the end of Gingerman Raceway’s straightaway “off road”)

never a circle track car, other than 4 cylinder enduros, 150-200 cars on one 3/8 mile track at the same time

Bungee jump over the Atlantic on a Netherlandish pier in the wintertime

Legally driven 119 mph on an open road (I love the AutoBahn!)

barefoot ski on water like glass

jumped off a 35’ cliff on a snowboard

been close to that high on a stand up jet ski in Lake Michigan 

climbed 7 mountains in Croatia, 1 of which hadn’t been demined from the war

hauled 4 tractors in a 5’ pickup box

but never had the guts to enlist.  Thank you for y’all’s service, those of you who are true heros in this world!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, pullstart said:

mountains

Me and the old ball and chain.

We done some mountains boy....

Whhooo!!

• Like 3

racerjohnbf
On 1/22/2021 at 11:14 AM, pullstart said:

hauled 4 tractors in a 5’ pickup box

Need pics of how you managed this. I've seen a couple deals on multiple tractors, but only have a pickup with a 6' bed and a 5x8 trailer. 

On a side note I have confirmed permission from the wife to look for a project :wh: so long as I keep the price low lol. Just kinda threw it out there that I had seen a couple on fb marketplace $150 or so. 

• Haha 2

Pullstart

It took a day or so to manage.  No real estate of the truck untouched.

This was the 2018 “Big Show” and the truck had something like 3,000 miles on it :handgestures-thumbupright:

E63C2026-82D6-4038-A914-D6D1FAD8D4A4.jpeg

9A5F0669-AF77-4AB1-940C-398EB94B98A0.jpeg

475D2DEA-139B-4EF4-A3CA-9F7233BB2E79.jpeg

9579CCDC-BE68-4FEC-8A0A-31BC32E1C4BE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

I only had to drive about 650 miles with it loaded like that... not so terrible!

• Haha 2

racerjohnbf

That took some ingenuity right there lol! Looks like you did in fact  use up every bit of available real estate! 

• Thanks 1