racerjohnbf

Looking for my first Horse....Which model?

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Fairly sure that some quantum theory holds that you can know how many attachments you have or how many tractors but cannot know both at the same time or where any of them are at any given time. Pretty useless theory, I guess.

28 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Can't actually quantify those, only predict WHERE they might be at any particular moment.

Somethin' ta do with the reason I can't find a flippin' tape measure when I need one. I have several.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DennisThornton
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Somethin' ta do with the reason I can't find a flippin' tape measure when I need one. I have several.....

Why is that?  I have 30 tape rules but I can't prove it!  I could never get all of them in one photo!  I even have a pocket tape that I'm supposed to carry with me at ALL times and half the time I can't find it!  What to do...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

tom2p
21 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Before I could push the clutch, I was thrown back on the tongue of the trailer and the tractor was upside down on top of me.  

Luckily with me acting as a cushion between the tractor and the trailer, the newly restored Commando 8 didn't suffer any damage.  I also healed up in a couple days.

you have all the fun !

I've had a few close calls - but nothing like that ... whew 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

tom2p

Every tractor I buy, hydro or gear drive, is chained to a tree and tested to be sure they can spin the tires.

"Honey - the man looking at the tractor is trying to pull the poplar tree out of the ground - are you selling the tree also ?"

I've heard about tree huggers - but this is extreme !

• Haha 3

tom2p
31 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

just like wheel horse tractors - you can never (ever) have too many tape measures !

we have a bunch of tape measures - in the garage, basement, on shelves near the kitchen, in one bedroom ... in each car - in console and in trunk 

when I see a nice one cheap - I grab it -  same with utility knives and scissors 

grew tired of searching for them so I countered with quantity !

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

JCM

Before I could push the clutch, I was thrown back on the tongue of the trailer and the tractor was upside down on top of me.  

Luckily with me acting as a cushion between the tractor and the trailer, the newly restored Commando 8 didn't suffer any damage.  I also healed up in a couple days.

I now have front hitches on a couple tractors that I use to move heavy trailers, but only on the level and I always keep the trailer tongue dolly wheel locked in the down position and just clearing the ground.

No more back flips with the front hitches and it is easier to see when pushing trailers into tight areas.

That sounds a bit frightening,glad to hear you were ok Ed. I like the 417 with the front hitch with the rear Kwik-Way weight box loaded up for moving trailers around when needed.

DSCN0112.JPG

DSCN0111.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

DennisThornton
3 minutes ago, tom2p said:

just like wheel horse tractors - you can never (ever) have too many tape measures !

we have a bunch of tape measures - in the garage, basement, on shelves near the kitchen, in one bedroom ... in each car - in console and in trunk 

when I see a nice one cheap - I grab it -  same with utility knives and scissors 

grew tired of searching for them so I countered with quantity !

After years of buying tape rules, even though I can't produce much evidence I usually can produce at least one without too much wasted time.  Certainly not perfect, but I suppose progress.

• Like 2

tom2p
27 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

After years of buying tape rules, even though I can't produce much evidence I usually can produce at least one without too much wasted time.  Certainly not perfect, but I suppose progress.

also kept a 100 ft measure in my car at one time

used it to measure baseball field dimensions etc ... marked off the outfield to determine length of hits

• Like 2

DennisThornton
36 minutes ago, tom2p said:

also kept a 100 ft measure in my car at one time

used it to measure baseball field dimensions etc ... marked off the outfield to determine length of hits

Well, we've certainly gone off target but honestly, I think we did a pretty good job of covering the OP topic, so...

For years I carried a travelers wheel and a 100ft to measure buildings.  Not even sure where the travelers wheel is now...  Perhaps time for a new thread?  Where to all the tape rules go?  With the single socks?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AHS

And 1 tractor for pulling the kids around... never mind the plow! Peruse facebook, or Craigslist for cheap tractors... this one I got (minus the plow, seat, chains..) just tractor... for $100

897C1D1A-A31F-424E-B4EC-0CD1EAED4A65.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

DennisThornton

Bargains are out there!  Not so much when you need one...

• Like 3

AMC RULES

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/for-sale/

You SHOULD be able to get the best deal here on RedSquare, from another member, on the particular model and implements you're looking for.  :thumbs2:

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

racerjohnbf
17 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Well, we've certainly gone off target but honestly, I think we did a pretty good job of covering the OP topic, so...

No worries on the derail, it was entertaining lol. And yes lots of useful info already given. Thanks!

7 hours ago, AHS said:

Peruse facebook, or Craigslist for cheap tractors... this one I got (minus the plow, seat, chains..) just tractor... for $100

That was a good deal! I'm looking there and already have my brother on the lookout for one sitting around somewhere.

6 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

You SHOULD be able to get the best deal here on RedSquare, from another member, on the particular model and implements you're looking for.  :thumbs2:

Thanks I hadn't even thought of posting in wanted section here.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, racerjohnbf said:

No worries on the derail

John old buddy old pal.

It's possible certain members :hide: of this forum may have a slight tendency to go off track every once in a great while....

Or....

Pretty much on nearly every single thread.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

AHS
58 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

John old buddy old pal.

It's possible certain members :hide: of this forum may have a slight tendency to go off track every once in a great while....

Or....

Pretty much on nearly every single thread.....

Um.. yup..this one!! Oh well!!😀

• Like 2

Pullstart

I saw @stevasaurus today!  He even had pants and shoes on!  Socks were questionable though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I saw @stevasaurus today!  He even had pants and shoes on!  Socks were questionable though...

Pants??

Musta been COLD

• Haha 4

stevasaurus

I did not have socks on.  :ROTF:but I did have a number of rulers laying around.  I even have a digital ruler...with a dead battery.

• Haha 5

Tractorhead
30 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I did not have socks on.  :ROTF:but I did have a number of rulers laying around.  I even have a digital ruler...with a dead battery.

To measure the Socks???

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

I'm almost afraid of the answer but I have to ask.  

What? Exactly. Is a DEAD digital ruler good for?

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Do not be afraid...the ruler still works as a ruler...you just have to read it instead of it telling you what the measurement is.  :hilarious:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
19 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Do not be afraid...the ruler still works as a ruler...you just have to read it instead of it telling you what the measurement is.  :hilarious:

Oh no no. I can't handle that. 

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AHS
12 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

4 pages on ‘looking for my horse... which model’... and this?! 😎😎 let’s keep the train running!!😁 (aka just like a kohler K)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, AHS said:

train

I like trains

• Like 3

Pullstart
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I like trains

I’ve piloted a plane, never engineered a train.  But I like ‘em too.

• Like 4