WVHillbilly520H

WH Senior??? Or What brand?

WVHillbilly520H
34 minutes ago, jabelman said:

The guy probably doesn't even realize what he has.  I think just about every tractor collector would love to add a shaw into the mix

IDK, there are at least 3 or more "turquoise" Panzers and that many more Speedex sitting either in the open or half a$$ shed.

• Like 2

oldiron613
19 minutes ago, tractornut86 said:

It did look larger then the AEN in the R8 and thats why was kinda thinking a HY8 but slightly different also.  I can't say ever came across any R9 in my travels, didn't know they made one.

The R9 model was a very short lived. From what I've read, Shaw only made a total of (51) R9 models before replacing it with the more common 2 cylinder powered R12T. I currently know of only 3 others. 

• Thanks 1

WHNJ701
30 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

IDK, there are at least 3 or more "turquoise" Panzers and that many more Speedex sitting either in the open or half a$$ shed.

I love my panzers but compared to that shaw they are common.  Cool part about this topic is that shaw model is "rarer" than a senior

AMC RULES

There are forums out there that follow them.

20210119_193239.jpg.0903c401c39c65bb4bd612ccdf7824ac.jpg

WHNJ701

Those sites are almost dead now

• Like 1

Chris G
4 hours ago, jabelman said:

every tractor collector would love to add a shaw into the mix

I second this. Ive been lucky enough to spend some tine around a few shaw tractors and they are alot of fun and very unique in there own manner. 

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Shaw Du-Al, R-8  Model tractor.

I took these piuctures several years ago at a very nice small tractor show held in Owen County, Indiana near the Town of Gosport, Indiana.  I only attended one year but it was a nice show.

The Shw Du-Al  is an inportant tractor in the history of Wheel Horse as Harold Pond, Elmer Pond's older brother worked at Shw-Du -Al in Galesburg, Kansas before starting Speed-Ex Tractor in Alliance and laterr Ravinnia, Oho.  Elmer worked for Harold assembling and selling Speed-Ex Tractors.   However, around 1946 or 1947 Elmer and son Cecil decided that they wanted to improve upon the Speed-Ex Tractor and make their own two wheel garden tractor.  Harold was not happy aboput that decision and as a result did not speak to Elmer or Cecil ever again.

But the Shw-Du-Al is an interesting tractor.  The R-8  is one of the finest and rarest examples and the one shown is very original.

https://www.farmcollector.com/tractors/shaw-du-all-good-bargain

101_0284.JPG

101_0285.JPG

101_0286.JPG

101_0287.JPG

101_0288.JPG

101_0289.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H

@Lane Ranger, thanks for that, if I get the nerve to stop again and actually get out , I will try to get a look at all of his collection even if it isn't for sale.

• Like 1