BeninCT

Change rear reflectors for lights/add other lights 310-8

BeninCT

1.  Is there an exact replacement LED light for these rear reflectors?  I live on a busy road and might prefer lights over them.

2.  tractor has standard round sealed beam glass headlights- is there an LED bulb that is the accepted substitute?

3.  thinking of some tiny running lights on the tractor and have seen some that are LED and fit in 5/16” holes of which there are a few on my frame so might be a fun add without drilling.   Anyone done anything like this?

7EDA99D7-2C68-492E-85D5-FE101F914895.jpeg

CF370E90-E8AD-4BBF-A77E-396814F24BA0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

There are things on the market available. Yes.

Somebody else will likely pop up with part numbers.

It would be a good idea to get a hold of your local Road commissioner and find out what the statutes are on using a powered vehicle in the road to remove snow.

Example:

In Massachusetts you must have a registered vehicle to go in the road. Not saying we all do. That's the statute.

Here in Maine I don't have to have a vehicle that is registered but I do have to have an orange or amber flashing light visible from 360°.

I actually have some of those tiny little LEDs that you're talking about. I'll be putting some on Trina's tractor as backup lights.

TBH I hadn't thought of putting them in the frame but that's a great idea.

Glad to see you got a plow and am going to be putting that rig to use.

Weights weights and more weights is going to be your best friend.

• Like 2

Maxwell-8
8 minutes ago, BeninCT said:

1.  Is there an exact replacement LED light for these rear reflectors?  I live on a busy road and might prefer lights over them.

2.  tractor has standard round sealed beam glass headlights- is there an LED bulb that is the accepted substitute?

3.  thinking of some tiny running lights on the tractor and have seen some that are LED and fit in 5/16” holes of which there are a few on my frame so might be a fun add without drilling.   Anyone done anything like this?

I am trying to find some rear light too, here is an USA link :https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toro-Wheel-Horse-Tail-Light-105202/193802647482?hash=item2d1f89b7ba:g:XeIAAOSwY2tf14hE

And don't forget tor grease those spindels etc

image.png.e094cc66a227c71274f5d3839ae15183.png

• Like 3

Goofey

Napa has the rear leds. Junglesite has the fronts.

• Like 1

pfrederi

head light.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Goofey said:

fronts

Is that the ones that are .. PAR 36?

• Like 1

roadapples

I picked up some led trailer marker lights for a couple bucks at a show a few years ago. Same size as what's on my other tractors...

The Tuul Crib

Most of your truckstops have these marker lights.

• Like 1

Goofey
24 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

yes :-)

• Thanks 1

Maxwell-8
53 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

are they just the same size?

Just a replacement of the factory lamps?

@pfrederi

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

are they just the same size?

Just a replacement of the factory lamps?

Check the posts above me but I think that's true.

• Like 1

peter lena

BEN got mine at walmart , BLAZER BRAND,# C12544R, EASY TO DRILL OT THE POP RIVIT BASE, AND REMOUNT THE NEW LIGHTS. have them on all three of my horses , also added grounding points to all related areas , I too have a road side traffic issue , the lights help out , pete

• Like 2

gwest_ca

PAR 36

Parabolic Aluminized Reflector  36 eighths of an inch = 4.5" diameter

• Like 3

Goofey

Yes the par36 is the factory bulbs. So yes. Direct replacement.

Edited by Goofey
  • Thanks 1

Goofey
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

BLAZER BRAND,# C12544R

They are same size but not OEM looks.

BeninCT

@ebinmaine i wont operate on the road just end up out near it and occasionally crossing to a neighbor so would like more light (plus its a fun little add)

@Maxwell-8 perfect just have to see about an LED bulb.  Looks like those will be exact replacements for my reflectors to lessen the crime against the tractor :) also I did grease all that but cleaned off the squeeze out! That kind of crazy here.

Hot topic I guess.  

Was thinking of some small lights like this because they actually fit in a 6mm hole (1/4”) of which there are few on my frame.   Also want to put a red light up under the hood so there is a red glow over the engine when running.  Just to fit in with the kids up the road

https://www.amazon.com/BRIGHTEST-Light-Bolt-Interior-Motorcycle/dp/B01AFU4QBS/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2CJN9OGUVHB6Q&dchild=1&keywords=small%2Bwaterproof%2Bled%2Blights%2Bsubmersible%2B12%2Bvolt&qid=1610575408&sprefix=small%2B12%2Bvolt%2Bled%2Blights%2Bwater%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-2-spons&smid=A6XWG1D8Q4A4V&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTlVWR0ZTNTVRVEM5JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjY2NjUxMzE3RlhUTElBUFo3ViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTUxNTkxMkNKRE02MFZaQkE3NCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Edited by BeninCT
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, BeninCT said:

@ebinmaine i wont operate on the road just end up out near it and occasionally crossing to a neighbor so would like more light (plus its a fun little add)

@Maxwell-8 perfect just have to see about an LED bulb.  Looks like those will be exact replacements for my reflectors to lessen the crime against the tractor :) also I did grease all that but cleaned off the squeeze out! That kind of crazy here.

Hot topic I guess.  

Was thinking of some small lights like this because they actually fit in a 6mm hole (1/4”) of which there are few on my frame.   Also want to put a red light up under the hood so there is a red glow over the engine when running.  Just to fit in with the kids up the road

https://www.amazon.com/BRIGHTEST-Light-Bolt-Interior-Motorcycle/dp/B01AFU4QBS/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2CJN9OGUVHB6Q&dchild=1&keywords=small%2Bwaterproof%2Bled%2Blights%2Bsubmersible%2B12%2Bvolt&qid=1610575408&sprefix=small%2B12%2Bvolt%2Bled%2Blights%2Bwater%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-2-spons&smid=A6XWG1D8Q4A4V&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTlVWR0ZTNTVRVEM5JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjY2NjUxMzE3RlhUTElBUFo3ViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTUxNTkxMkNKRE02MFZaQkE3NCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Watch the pricing carefully. 

I ordered 10 white off fleabay for 10 bucks.  

I texted Trina about this earlier. She's not normally into bling and shiny stuff but these little lights are gonna be a thing in our rides. 

Good road safety during plowing. Neat eye-catcher at get-togethers. 

I'm 100% pure redneck hillbilly trucker. CAN'T have too many lights. 

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

pfrederi

One thing about the red marker lights.  After you get your reflectors off see where the extra hole (for the wires) is in your fender.  A lot of the cheapy lights have the wire feed in one corner.  That may not align with the hole in your fender.  No big deal if you do not mind drilling a new hole in the fender but if you do mind...

• Like 2

grinchsr

Superbrightleds.com for the tail lights   Part # M9-R4

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

BeninCT

Seems like any 2 x 4” light will do though the factory units are 1 15/16” tall I think.  Great info here- post some pics if you have done any of this- going to change some of this on mine in the coming weeks.

Skipper

If anyone on this side of the pond needs these front or rear led lights, looking and fitting like the OEM ones, I got them on stock. :-)

• Like 2

Maxwell-8
22 minutes ago, Skipper said:

If anyone on this side of the pond needs these front or rear led lights, looking and fitting like the OEM ones, I got them on stock. :-)

What's your price for a set of rears to Belgium?

If i better DM you, is perfect for me

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 1

Skipper

Don't think we are supposed to do price talks in public outside the classifieds :D pm send (in a few minutes)

• Like 2

JohnD
On 1/14/2021 at 6:06 AM, grinchsr said:

Superbrightleds.com for the tail lights   Part # M9-R4

Those cost less than the Toro lens cover I bought recently! 

BeninCT

Ended up making a bracket instead b/c the amazon lights I go were too small to cover the factory reflectors and I decided to just leave them and have both.  Had to do something in the garage on Saturday...

2D1AA7F5-AB8D-4094-A96F-04ACB3D05A90.jpeg

Also @pfrederiI put those same LED headlights on and had to wire all the lighting straight from the hot post on the solenoid to eliminate the flicker but they all look great.  Thx

Edited by BeninCT
  • Like 1