Crmaverick

PTO clutch won’t spin?

Pullstart
24 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

An old trick :D, back then, if it worked, it worked.

It did.  I replaced the coil and spark plug wire with him, long before I realized it made spark

• Heart 1

Maxwell-8
4 minutes ago, pullstart said:

It did.  I replaced the coil and spark plug wire with him, long before I realized it made spark

I am 19 years old, and i have learned myself something in the past 10 years, if an old men speaks, shut up, and listen very carefully to their wisdom! I learned a lot that way. 

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 3
  • Heart 3

Pullstart
19 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

I am 19 years old, and i have learned myself something in the past 10 years, if an old men speaks, shut up, and listen very carefully to their wisdom! I learned a lot that way. 

I have had a feeling you are young, but wiser than most your age.  I was 20 and a supervisor where my employees had 40+ years seniority.  One of the guys taught me “You can always learn something from someone older than you.”  I was wise enough to learn what they did before trying to change anything.   Respect comes easier when you listen :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lynnmor

Another way to say it is “You can’t learn anything with your mouth open.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maxwell-8
10 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

Another way to say it is “You can’t learn anything with your mouth open.”

Speaking is silvery and silence is golden.

Or in RedSquare terms:

speaking is cub cadet and silence is Wheel Horse  :D

• Haha 2

Bill D

God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason. You can learn a lot by quiet observation.

• Like 2

953 nut
7 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

if an old men speaks, shut up, and listen very carefully to their wisdom! I learned a lot that way.

That is a two way street, the important thing is to pass along that which you know and pay attention to others who may know more! I am 75 years old and must say that I've learned a lot on this site by reading threads posted by folks one third my age. A good deal of the information I share on here was gleaned from much younger people.

• Excellent 3

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:   

Experience is a valuable resource and should always be honored and respected, 

but I have found many times great ideas come from younger minds that are not hindered by time and the "this is the way we always did it" mindset.

• Excellent 3

Handy Don
20 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-yeahthat:   

but I have found many times great ideas come from younger minds that are not hindered by time and the "this is the way we always did it" mindset.

A couple of years ago a number of smart folks considerably younger than me kindly helped me build up expertise in machine learning and artificial intelligence to the level that I let me contribute usefully applying the technologies to problems I was working on. When I expressed my sincere thanks, several commented that they had both appreciated someone seeking to learn and that they themselves had learned a lot from me along the way on business processes and dynamics that they hadn't understood. We all realized that we had all won. Just one of many examples like that in my career.

• Like 2

lynnmor
14 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I have worked for corporations that were stuck in the "way we always did it" nonsense till they failed.  Presenting simple facts about a problem did not alter their course, probably because certain people didn't want to be exposed for their incompetence.

• Sad 1