WVHillbilly520H

My other Red tractor

Pullstart

That looks tuff!

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

VERY niiiice!!!

An excellent tool added to the Jeff arsenal. 

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Woulda never guessed you get that much snow to warrant it Billy but 'pose you can use it for moving dirt? 

elcamino/wheelhorse

I hope you had some help manhandling the pieces and parts in place. I know it sure will help with the snow duty.

WVHillbilly520H
15 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Woulda never guessed you get that much snow to warrant it Billy but 'pose you can use it for moving dirt? 

It all depends, the past 8 years here the first 5 had bigger snows as I went from single stage to 2stage blowers on the 520s then a having a blade and blower ready, to the last couple years just using the blade, but I will have them both for this rig ready if needed, I'm getting lazier the older I get, but the WHs aren't going anywhere anytime soon either. And yes that blade as heavy enough for dirt/stone work better than looking over your shoulders. 

19 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I hope you had some help manhandling the pieces and parts in place. I know it sure will help with the snow duty.

Yes for snow duty, unfortunately I seem to be a 1 man band as of late... Still haven't uncrated or drug the blower off the trailer yet. And cab is still in the box in the garage.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

@Pollack Pete, you have the heated cab on eMax25 hydro with the 56" blower correct?

Horse Newbie
59 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

We barely get 1 to 2 inches a year here in Monroe, NC...and I NEED IT ! :lol::lol:

The only difference between men and boys is the price (and size) of their toys:lol::lol:

And with that I would have to have an enormous sand box !

• Haha 5

WHX??

Hear ya Billy... WI was always known for cold snowy winters but so far this year nada. Kinda sucks now that I have ladies in waiting. 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
19 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

We barely get 1 to 2 inches a year here in Monroe, NC...and I NEED IT ! :lol::lol:

The only difference between men and boys is the price (and size) of their toys:lol::lol:

And with that I would have to have an enormous sand box !

4 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Hear ya Billy... WI was always known for cold snowy winters but so far this year nada. Kinda sucks now that I have ladies in waiting. 

I wouldn't have pics and vids of snow chucking if didn't snow decently over the years, some more than others, and even if I trade up a tractor size or 2 this set-up will fit so sorta like the WH era (BC34500).

• Like 2

Tractorhead

Nice Gadgets Billy, 

curious how the cabin turns out mounted.

We have this year bit more snow than last Year.

Snowheight here also various.

Blade looks pretty Solid, time to get some Snow to play with.

👍

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Plow is 62" wide I haven't measured the height but I will say 22"+/-, and yes rears are loaded with methanol when I bought it, being somewhat steep here I think a bit extra weight the rear blade will help plus getting up to the garage door and pulling snow away from there. @Pollack Pete I don't suppose you have any action shots of yours during snow removal?

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

WHX??

I think Pete just put up pics of my dream bucket list rig Jeffery! 

3 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

action shots of yours during snow removal?

:banana-gotpics:

3 hours ago, Pollack Pete said:

new plow looks pretty impressive.

Yep now looking at it on a big screen and watching the vid the frame work looks very beefy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, Gregor said:

The other day there was a post about having 2 tractors of the same year and model. I didn't think it was the place for my Massseys, even though they are red. I thought I could get by with putting them here.  (I guess I really should have started a new topic. Maybe a mod can move this)555838830_20180529_155336(2).jpg.0ef3ee0ae21b72ecb8b6b79513f81bb1.jpg

70734191_10-26-2014(1).jpg.ea8079c22e1e67ce14f64ff3ffc8e47c.jpg

10-21-20.jpg.925d133ff5926c2d12615257b675a09c.jpg

Horses or not they're nice looking rigs

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

@Gregor, it's all good, I love my :wh:, but they aren't the only GTs, and those are when they made most if not all brands decent heavy duty machinces built for a lifetime if properly maintained.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

D_Mac
On 1/26/2021 at 7:11 AM, WVHillbilly520H said:

@Gregor, it's all good, I love my :wh:, but they aren't the only GTs, and those are when they made most if not all brands decent heavy duty machinces built for a lifetime if properly maintained.

There is a 68 Massey 12 I have my eye on but I dont know much about them or their worth. Seems like it is in decent shape. Comes with mower deck, plow, rear wheel weights and a " extra engine" .

Gregor

!2 HP Tecumseh. According to many here, you are going to need that extra engine. :lol: I don't happen to feel that way. Hydro-static drive, but doesn't give anymore details. Sundtrand? Unless it's been totally redone and done well, I would say ~ $400 max. That's what I would pay around here anyway. Some people seem to think they have gold. Asking 7 - 15 hundred.

I should add...That being said, I wouldn't sell my MF 14's for anything...

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

@Achto and I got a buddy who is a MF collector and has a butt load of them. None that restoed tho :handgestures-thumbupright: as his are all pretty much originals and heavy workers. 

I grew up mowing on a early 70's Massey. High light of week back then was a mile of seat time to mow another property. 

Plow day in '18

20181020_170136.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, D_Mac said:

There is a 68 Massey 12 I have my eye on but I dont know much about them or their worth. Seems like it is in decent shape. Comes with mower deck, plow, rear wheel weights and a " extra engine" .

Up in this neck of the woods that tractor wouldn't fetch anything less than $500 on its worst day. The wheel weights alone are worth about $2 a pound...

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Up in this neck of the woods that tractor wouldn't fetch anything less than $500 on its worst day. The wheel weights alone are worth about $2 a pound...

Look on eBay, those factory split MF weights now go for 250+ I got mine for $50 :hide:...

• Like 2

23 Reo

I can't believe what what you have in Virginia. I am using a 1969 7hp Ariens snow blower in New England.

WVHillbilly520H
On 1/28/2021 at 4:51 PM, 23 Reo said:

I can't believe what what you have in Virginia. I am using a 1969 7hp Ariens snow blower in New England.

It's more of the adage the difference between boys and men , in my case the toys got bigger and more expensive, and my sand box got even bigger... now where I live I am stuck between two ridges of the Appalachian mountains (Blue Ridge and Shenandoah Highlands) along the I-81 corridor, up until the last 3 or years we have had at least 1 if not multiple 12"-24" snow events  per year even where I am originally from about 70 miles away home of the tallest peak (Spruce Knob) in WV, here's a few pics why I have and want the equipment... Last pic of me as a young lad of 7 or 8yo and we used that little 7hp CC original for many years ALL seasons. The video just shows what a 20hp opposed twin does with a rebuilt 2stage.

client_PART_1537471973282_895_1.jpg

client_PART_1537471930941_897_1.jpg

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMAG5303.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

23 Reo

That's a lot of snow. I guess I don't know a darn thing abut Virginia.

• Haha 2