WHX??

Not sure Giddy but I think they are called "Customs" ..... :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine

Right there with you man.

We don't have any bone stock horses here either...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

JoeM

hey yap "do it to it" I like it, creative man!

It is like those what I call "bondo tractors" you know the ones that are skim coated, blocked sanded and painted to better than new. I like looking at them but I prefer a few wrinkles here and there. 

I like the old rusty ones too. 

But just as soon take a clean looking mechanically sound machine. Maybe with a shine of red. That can do work. Stock or not.

• Like 5

ebinmaine
40 minutes ago, JoeM said:

a few wrinkles here and there. 

the old rusty ones too

Well that about describes me and my physical form to a perfect T

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maxwell-8
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

they ask to be custom!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

I do have one here that is going to be restored to 100% factory if possible.

It's going to be a ways down the line..

That's a 1974 c160 with the rare Tecumseh OHV engine..

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

I’m a fan of your projects, but I must ask if there was a reason to rid the tractor of a Kohler?  Well done!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Truth be told fellas I'm on the fence about customs. Gotta know tho the MN boys got me brainwashed on orginal. There is just something about a tractor that holds it orginal paint, patina and hardware but then ther is just something about a well done custom. Look at Dan's rat rod or one of the Bear's or Bob Rock's customs. All of my restos are considered customs as quite sure they didn't come from the factory with all stainless hardware, chrome lug nuts and Racin Bob's patented high speed pullies.  Then again the guy's that  resto one like one of C-series Don's to dealer show room condition is fantastic.  

Long story short here Giddy... nice to see you are making your customs work yet. Old saying guy ...if ya got an itch.... scratch it!!! :lol:

I got talked  bullied into this custom so might be my only non worker....NOT .... I used it to haul some camp fire wood last summer when she wasn't lookin. Figured Dan went to all that trouble to make a 3rd gear hitch pin why not see if it works??? No pics of this dastardly deed so no evidence she can admonish me for! 

20200611_183942.jpg

20200805_181958.jpg

All said and done Giddy just make sure yer "customs" are tastefully done and not those hacked up cobbled things who never gets them done cause he's flying around the world begging for the  covids like this dude in Michigan we all know too well whose name shall not be mentioned. 

A pic of Giddy, Dan, Jack's boy Caleb and me after we helped him mafia a tractor to get it in his trailer for a possible custom?!?!. Circa 2018 BS. 

20180623_095618.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Haha 1

WHX??
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Really.... least Giddy ain't painten them every color of the rainbow and is keeping them RED! :ychain:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

giddyap
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

I must ask if there was a reason to rid the tractor of a Kohler?  

All my working years I was exposed to ETS. (enviromental tobacco smoke) The Kohler was a smoker and had to go. With it went the PTO and control arm and all the safety switches went with the wiring harness. The dash is bare, I will adjust the choke at the carb but later I want to add a gas pedal. The 6.5 hp Predator pushed a foot deep of snow and grunted a few times but never stalled. Testing the ATV tires, I cleared a path around my home to the shed out back

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Really.... least Giddy ain't painten them every color of the rainbow and is keeping them RED! :ychain:

At least ALL of them are still shades of red or partially red. 

AND - NO other brands colors are used on ours. 

Not like some of these loooloooos around the country that put green/yellow  junk all over stuff. 

• Haha 1

Greentored
55 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Please don't scrap it .... we got this :occasion-clown: here

...goes by the name of @Greentored who likes popping wheelies as well and can turn it into a beast. What you laughing about Green you know it's true! Don't underestimate the power of the force.....err... Kohle 8 HP!

Making one out of a '61 foot rest would be too cool for old skool!

Talk to Mr Wheelie @Achto ...knows a thing or three about hopping up Predators.....

20180610_112135.jpg

As a matter of fact, there’s a pair of 8s on the bench, and I’ve never seen the inside of one. Know what that means!

...and don’t even get me started on those Predators😂  I cant reply to any mention of that word without stories about my love for them little 129.00 beasts.  Seriously! 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Achto
9 hours ago, giddyap said:

The 6.5 hp Predator pushed a foot deep of snow and grunted a few times but never stalled.

If you want to get even more power out of your predator, check out some of the go cart sights.

https://www.nrracing.com/

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Greentored
22 minutes ago, Achto said:

If you want to get even more power out of your predator, check out some of the go cart sights.

https://www.nrracing.com/

Oh yeah, very familiar with them. ARC racing is another good one.

What amazes me is how well these respond to improvements. Not sure if it would be AS noticeable on a tractor designed for lower speeds and grunt, but on a 140lb kart, a simple cam change or punching about .060 out of the carb made it an entirely different engine.

I gotta dig up a pic or video to post up here.

• Like 2

Greentored

Found one!  Long story short, there were 5 backyard tracks, about 50 karts total, 'run whatcha brung', no rules. This was an early practice, I am the guy up front who is an idiot and goes off turn 4 for a bit:lol:

Although there was a lot of 'massaging' (cut head, bored carb, bumped timing, etc...) my engine was 100% stock parts aside from a set of valve springs, air filter and pipe- right down to the oem rod and cam with plastic gear! This engine ran 5500-5800rpms 1-2 nights per week for 13 months before it got tired and struggled to run up front. Plain old Mobil 1 5w30 changed weekly.

https://youtu.be/IZdNQfngiOA

• Like 3

giddyap
11 hours ago, WHX24 said:

No pics of this dastardly deed so no evidence she can admonish me for! 

I swear I saw this beauty on ebay while searching stack exhausts. Black flames on the side of your 702 hood would confirm my guess.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GARDEN-TRACTOR-STACK-MUFFLER-6-034-wheel-horse-cub-cadet-john-deere-/193796335426?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Ph7cmkRHpz%2F%2BusxGouSNNPIqt7A%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Yep ... that's @jimkemp's ad... Dan and I are thrilled he uses one of our creations for his ad! BTW he does build a nice stack! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

giddyap
52 minutes ago, Greentored said:

'run whatcha brung', no rules. This was an early practice,

Several times "Chuck" bought parts from me who has a similar hobby. Here I am in his shop full of industrial tools and his Super Kart. If you need more speed (120mph) this could be for you. Although I would love to experience the thrill of karting I have no intentions of getting into the hobby. 

Super Kart.jpg

• Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

WHX??
1 minute ago, giddyap said:

no intentions of getting into the hobby. 

Famous last words..... :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Greentored
3 hours ago, giddyap said:

Several times "Chuck" bought parts from me who has a similar hobby. Here I am in his shop full of industrial tools and his Super Kart. If you need more speed (120mph) this could be for you. Although I would love to experience the thrill of karting I have no intentions of getting into the hobby. 

Super Kart.jpg

Does that come with a diaper, or do I need to bring my own?

• Haha 4

jimkemp
9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Yep ... that's @jimkemp's ad... Dan and I are thrilled he uses one of our creations for his ad! BTW he does build a nice stack! 

That is one of my favorite tractors out there , sad to say though im no longer selling the stack mufflers on ebay , they have made it so the little guys cant sell on there and i refuse to raise the prices to the point of selling on there is profitable , but they will still be for sale here and on some of the facebook sites for tractors , and im keeping the price at $60 , im not going to hurt our hobby by jacking prices to the point that they arent affordable

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

WHNJ701

eBay is evil

• Like 4

giddyap

I bought these (head lights) for several reasons 1) pops off to become hand held flashlights 2) they're LEDs 3) no wiring to the tractor 4) rechargable 5) good performance and 6) they are CHEAP. They just arrived so my personal comments on their performance will have to wait

DSC06994.JPG

DSC06995.JPG