Maxwell-8

Vaccination in Belgium

adsm08
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

It's nuts here. Schools are going remote not because of the kids but because of the staff. Not enough teachers,

This is the issue my district is having. The kids are mostly fine, but our elementary schools are small enough that two kids being sick shuts a whole building down.

But we've had two weeks of distance learning so far because enough staff was out that they couldn't keep the adult/kid ratios high enough to meet state requirements.

shallowwatersailor

The online articles that are credible and worthy of consideration end in: .org, .edu, or .gov. Those that end in .com, which includes The Lancet  (actually a part of the RELX group), are sometimes biased, or attempting to market something.

Virus shedding occurs while exhaling. Even a simple barrier such as a 3-layer cloth mask can disrupt the flow and thus limit infection. So many people have been found to be asymptomatic with no outward signs but it has been found that they are infecting others that will have an adverse reaction. It has proven that distancing and wearing a 3-layer cloth mask does help. Yes, a N-95 mask and face shield should be used if consistently near an infected person.

• Like 2

Stormin

On the subject of schools. An 8 year old over here, in Worcestershire has died of the virus. So that knocks on the head that it doesn't infect children.

WHNJ701
25 minutes ago, squonk said:

It's nuts here. Schools are going remote not because of the kids but because of the staff. Not enough teachers, Then the aides get sick, then the custodial staff. Now there is no one to teach or clean. We had to go to a school last week. Got an emergency call that a walk in cooler was down. We get there and find out that the entire kitchen staff was not there as they were exposed the day before and were quarantined. Great! We still have to go into the kitchen to work on this thing. And people wondered why I retired yesterday! 

Maybe instead of giving priority vaccines to inmates in the prisons, they can give it to the teacher's so they can teach our kids

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
11 minutes ago, Stormin said:

On the subject of schools. An 8 year old over here, in Worcestershire has died of the virus. So that knocks on the head that it doesn't infect children.

Over 2 Million children have been diagnosed with Covid which is 12.4% cases here in the USA. Of those, 175 children have died.as of December 17. It is believed that this is actually an under-count with not all states reporting.

• Sad 1

shallowwatersailor
9 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Maybe instead of giving priority vaccines to inmates in the prisons, they can give it to the teacher's so they can teach our kids

Of all the Billions of dollars spent to develop the vaccines, only 2% of the funding is directed to actually administering the vaccines! We were told by the Federal Government that 20 million Healthcare workers (1st for vaccines) would receive the injection by yesterday. Only two million have actually been administered.

Zeek
1 hour ago, squonk said:

It's nuts here. Schools are going remote not because of the kids but because of the staff. Not enough teachers, Then the aides get sick, then the custodial staff. Now there is no one to teach or clean. We had to go to a school last week. Got an emergency call that a walk in cooler was down. We get there and find out that the entire kitchen staff was not there as they were exposed the day before and were quarantined. Great! We still have to go into the kitchen to work on this thing. And people wondered why I retired yesterday! 

Hopefully the "And people wondered why I retired yesterday! "is true. If so CONGRATULATIONS!:occasion-partyblower: Now sell your stuff and get out of that mismanaged state . . . :disgust:

adsm08
1 hour ago, jabelman said:

Inmates should be the last people to get it, if we bother letting them have it at all.

Nobody should be released from prison over this.

Prisoners are in prison for a reason, and that reason means that they should forfeit all special or preferential treatments until their time is up.

stevasaurus

I really doubt that prisons have received any vaccines at this point...1/1/21.  Obviously, you want medical personnel inoculated.  Sure, it is a tough choice when the demand is greater then the vaccine available....how about our military personnel??  The people that protect us...police, firefighters.  Maybe, those that still think this is a hoax, should sign something that says..."I am one that still does not believe...if you find me, it's just the flu...leave me alone".  And you should wear a sign that states..."I wish I knew how many people I have infected that did not make it".  I would do the people incarcerated before non-believer/spreaders..  It's amazing how many still think this is not a big deal, and they are in the ICU's dying.  Over 35.000 people, the non-believers think this number is inflated...the believers know some of those people that did not have to die, and actually think this number is low.  I can't imagine being a nurse or doctor at this point and having someone in my ICU that doesn't believe they are about to die because this is a hoax...and how many other people they infected because wearing a mask is against their rights.  You don't have to wear it all the time, just when you are around people.  The guy that walked into the Sandy-Hook grade school and killed all those children had the right to carry a weapon, but don't those children and the parents have the right to not get shot and live their lives.  What if it turns out that you are a weapon, because a mask offends your rights and people died because you exercised your right??  Do you really think it is too much to ask??

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

adsm08
24 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

The guy that walked into the Sandy-Hook grade school and killed all those children had the right to carry a weapon,

No, he did not. He was an adjudicated mental defective, and a felon, and his gun rights were legally revoked. He had no right to carry a firearm, own a firearm, even handle a fire arm. He stole those guns because he couldn't get one on his own.

Now here is the turn around argument. Do you truly believe that we are ever going to be allowed to go back to not being told we have to wear a mask in public? Five years down the road COVID deaths are on par with flu deaths, ICUs are not being strained by patients with the virus, we have a regular yearly shot that you can get and an antiviral that you can take in the first 48 hours to help you kick it faster. Are we back to living our lives normally, being allowed to breathe freely whenever and where ever we want, or are we still wearing these stupid masks to go to the store and grab a gallon of milk?  How many "temporary" government programs out there have every truly been temporary? Beyond that, what about the absolutely MASSIVE shift in attitudes that we have seen with this. I have seen otherwise rational people (or so I thought) go from having unmasked conversations with other people every day of their lives who now talk as if that is tantamount to licking a public toilet.  When and where does this end? When can I go back to being able to not have to drag my inhaler along to get through a trip to the grocery store? Because I get 5 minutes, 10 if it is cool out, with a mask on before I am having an asthma attack, but, per my doctor, I don't actually qualify for a medical exemption because of that.

COVID-19 has a 99.94% survival rate. We heard the death numbers as absolute numbers. Hardly anyone in the media bothers to put those absolute numbers in perspective. And that percentage has to be skewed because how many asymptomatic people recover without ever knowing they were sick? They don't get tested and don't get counted.

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1327

Is it real? Yes. Is it serious? It can be. Should we have been looking for treatments, vaccines, etc? Absolutely. But what guarantees do we have that our rights to live our lives normally and unfettered by these unbounded emergency mandates will ever be restored? An no, I do not trust our ruling class to "do the right thing". I have been burned by authority figures in all walks assuring me their crappy "temporary" measures will go away once the problem is solved only to leave them in place and permanently enshrine them in the rule books too many times to trust that every day we go on living like this is not one less chance we have for things to ever go back to normal. And I will NOT live out the rest of my life like this. I WILL stand in the center of my town square and put a bullet in my own head before I am told that I HAVE to wear a mask in public every day for the rest of my life. I don't care about a few weeks, or months, even a year or so of inconvenience. I've played a good little soldier and stayed in, and stayed out of public because I can't do the masks. What did it get me? A dead grandfather, who I wasted the last year of his life trying to protect him. A back log of work around the house because nobody else can get me the materials I need. And I still got the virus anyway. Frankly, I believe in the purported seriousness of it even less now that I've had it.

tom2p
2 hours ago, adsm08 said:

Yup, leave it to New Jersey to prioritized prisoners over useful people.

smh

Maxwell-8

A mask will definitely prevent Covid, a non N95 could let covid thru, but the purpose of mask is that spit, doesn't get shot tru the air. 

And how people with mask still could get infected is because 7% of the infections happen thru the eyes. The doctor in China that called the Corona virus got his infection that way.

And maybe not a lot of people day on it, every life is a life to much definitely a child's life.

Genetics? everybody can get Corona, i do believe if you have a weak long or heart, it will catch on that, rather then on other parts of the body.