Pullstart

No Snow is too much snow for this...

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

That’s a sweet piece of equipment @D_Mac!  I often wondered how a snowblower on the back of a pickup would do...

I've talked over things like that with others in the past.

I can remember discussing a unit that would have been trailer hitch mounted with a couple of side braces and a lift mechanism....

slim67
On 12/27/2020 at 8:17 AM, pullstart said:

There’s a young guy on YouTube repowering trucks and tractors with Predator engines.  I imagine the top speed of the blower, it would be easy to find an old carcass of a truck and toss a Kohler under the hood.. enough gearing and it’ll move.  I have a Perkins 3 cylinder diesel laying around...  hmm...  :ROTF:

Theres a guy who powered a Toyota pickup with 44s using a 13hp predator and a "tow truck" with a 6.5 if haven't seen .

• Like 2

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, slim67 said:

Theres a guy who powered a Toyota pickup with 44s using a 13hp predator and a "tow truck" with a 6.5 if haven't seen .

yeah, impressive stuff!  It’s all about gearing with that kind of build :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

ebinmaine

With enough ratio multiplication all things are possible. 

Ancient mechanical proverb. 

Two or three years ago at one of the Owls Head shows we had the pleasure of speaking to a guy about a couple of seventies Land Rovers him and his friend had built.

If memory serves me correctly he had a regular four-speed transmission going into some other type of four or five-speed transmission and then into the transfer case and out to the axles.

His division rate in first, first, 4 low was nearly 200:1 and his friends vehicle was even lower..

Edited by ebinmaine
  • Heart 1

slim67
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

With enough ratio multiplication all things are possible. 

Ancient mechanical proverb. 

Two or three years ago at one of the Owls Head shows we had the pleasure of speaking to a guy about a couple of seventies Land Rovers him and his friend had built.

If memory serves me correctly he had a regular four-speed transmission going into some other type of four or five-speed transmission and then into the transfer case and out to the axles.

His division rate in first, first, 4 low was nearly 200:1 and his friends vehicle was even lower..

you could probably walk faster ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, slim67 said:

you could probably walk faster ! 

Oh yeah yeah ABSOLUTELY

Those machines had a few gears that would do less than one mile per hour. 

Calm sedate walking speed is about 2.5 to 3

Pullstart

You could move the world if you had a big enough lever :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

1995 520H+96+97

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 1995 520H+96+97 said:

yep, I’m a fan of that one!  He can drive it just as fast in reverse as he can forward!

• Like 2