wh315-8

Pond Wheel Horse Walk Away

wh315-8

Landed me 2 Walk Away's today. 1 complete with continuous one piece handle and 6-12 wheels, Clinton Engine. The second one is just the Pond gearbox, Hubs, frame and also one piece handlebars. The Clinton engine tag shows it to be a B704. I have been checking the web for year. Found Clinton site but no direct hint for year. So any of you have any idea how to determine the year of this Walk Away? I know the engine can give me an idea. I have the Walk Away manual download but know it is a 54, which shows the two piece handlebars. So does mine indicate they could be the early ones from 48-50?

20201215_203632.jpg

20201215_203413.jpg

20201215_203557.jpg

20201215_203613.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

AMC RULES

:clap: Super rare, awesome score!

Engine is certainly appears to be earlier, were you able to put a date with that? 

wh315-8
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

:clap: Super rare, awesome score!

Engine is certainly appears to be earlier, were you able to put a date with that? 

That's what I am trying to get date on figuring that might be original to date Walk Away. Clinton doesn't seem to date the way later Kohler's do.

Edited by wh315-8

Pullstart

Sweet score!  Did they bleed you out for them, or not know what they had?

wh315-8
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Sweet score!  Did they bleed you out for them, or not know what they had?

No it just turned out to be a fair deal. A collector of mostly ag tractors, some WH. Fits in nicely with my collection, I can now show the beginning and how WH progressed all the way to 2004. 315-8 last model made. 

• Excellent 5

stevasaurus

Maybe send a PM to Charlie..  @clintonnut    I'll bet he can tell you.  :occasion-xmas:

• Thanks 1

Eriks Red horse herd

You have a 1953 to 54 . This is a transition tractor . The start of the pulley belt tension clutching system and just before they started the detachable handles. I have one just like yours except mine has a briggs model 6. Mine dates late 1953. Its kind of a rare tractor according to Joe Papke. When he looked at mine he said that he had only seen one more than mine ever .Matter of fact Stevasaurus took a ride on mine at the  Last Charlotte Michigan Show . I think there is a pic of him  on it in the show pic catagory. DO YOU REMEBER THAT STEVE!

Nice to see another. Great find.

• Excellent 2

wh315-8
11 minutes ago, Eriks Red horse herd said:

You have a 1953 to 54 . This is a transition tractor . The start of the pulley belt tension clutching system and just before they started the detachable handles. I have one just like yours except mine has a briggs model 6. Mine dates late 1953. Its kind of a rare tractor according to Joe Papke. When he looked at mine he said that he had only seen one more than mine ever .Matter of fact Stevasaurus took a ride on mine at the  Last Charlotte Michigan Show . I think there is a pic of him  on it in the show pic catagory. DO YOU REMEBER THAT STEVE!

Nice to see another. Great find.

Thank You every little bit of info helps. I have been searching for any old ads in Popular Mechanics and such. Only find the flat bolt on type handlebars in pictures or the Pond Speedex ads.

Eriks Red horse herd

Heres a magazine clipping i found a few years back showing the same tractor with the date 1953 on it.

20201219_230128.jpg

• Like 1

wh315-8
8 hours ago, Eriks Red horse herd said:

Heres a magazine clipping i found a few years back showing the same tractor with the date 1953 on it.

20201219_230128.jpg

I like it, just the thing I'm looking for, Thank You.