AMC RULES

:rolleyes: And so...

it begins...again...

or...never ends!  :dunno:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

WHNJ701
1 hour ago, tunahead72 said:

Amen to that Craig.  I got curious last night and checked on one of our local shows, the Lebanon Valley Indoor Classic Tractor Expo, usually held in mid-February.  It's been cancelled. :(

That's a nice show too

• Like 1

Raposo

Is it at the same fairgrounds? Need to start looking into making the trip! 

WHNJ701

Saw the January jack town show was cancelled already 

Sparky
On 1/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, Raposo said:

Is it at the same fairgrounds? Need to start looking into making the trip! 

Yep, same place every year! 

rmaynard
On 1/11/2021 at 5:36 PM, Sparky said:

Yep, same place every year! 

I think the board signed a new 5 year contract in 2019, so if it's held, it will be at the same location thru 2025.

• Like 3

Greentored
On 1/2/2021 at 8:27 AM, AMC RULES said:

Thinking it's gonna take lots of tractor parts and some big time :pray: :pray: :eusa-pray:'s to make the big show happen again this year.

That is when we all get together and hold an UNSANCTIONED, UNOFFICIAL big show! If one feels safe, feel free to join, and this way none of the organizations, clubs, individuals who would normally put these shows on would be liable if, God forbid, there was a ‘problem’.

This stuff hit my shop and family all at once and we’re just clear and returning to normal. We lucked out, it only put one of my guys down hard, and he’s since nearly recovered and back to work. Personally, while I am taking it MUCH more serious than before, I absolutely will NOT spend another summer being told ‘no’ to all the fun events that were missed last year! 
I am hopeful the vaccine administration gets addressed properly and it will help squash this crap. Don’t give up, fellas- holiday super spread numbers are falling, vaccines are coming, and the overall numbers are falling FAST! 

Edited by Greentored
  • Like 2

roadapples

I got my 1st covid shot last Sunday. Jane got hers Thursday. Second scheduled in 4 weeks. Hoping a lot of people have them by June...

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Greentored

How are things looking in your states of residence?  All of NC's charts are on a major, steady downward swing. 

Are you all as hopeful as I am?  Keep the faith, fellas!!!!

• Like 1

rmaynard

Things are on downward trend here in Maryland, but we are struggling with getting vaccinations. I am scheduled for my first shot 3/3, but it's a 150 mile round trip to get there and back. Rediculous. Like I said earlier, unless I am vaccinated, and the WHCC established some sort of protocol for proof of vaccination, and/or a recent negative Covid test, I don't think I will be attending. :(

Update: I've got an amazing daughter. She sat on the computer all day yesterday and booked an appointment for me for tomorrow, 2/17. It's only 90 miles round-trip. It's amazing that in Maryland, if you live in a rural area, away from the population clusters, you can't get an appointment locally.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 3

Greentored

Is anyone else feeling a bit more confident lately?

We never know what the future holds, but I do think we are somewhat safe to start getting excited and making plans.

What say the powers that be?

What say YOU all?

• Heart 1

rmaynard

There are a lot of factors that go into the planning of the show. Not only the show itself, but you have a lot of volunteers who help set up, tear down, and clean up. There are the wonderful people from the church that provides the food service. Many of those folks are retired and older. Not to mention PA's government who set the rules for large gatherings. 

I'm sure the board of directors of the WHCC are agonizing once again about what to do. I'm sure they will make a decision based upon the best info they have. 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

953 nut
29 minutes ago, Greentored said:

What say the powers that be?

What say YOU all?

3 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

PA's government who set the rules for large gatherings.

:text-yeahthat:

At this point Tom Wolf, PA Governor has the keys to the gate. If PA doesn't ease restrictions on gatherings there is nothing any of us can do. I am optimistic that vaccinations will begin dropping the number of new infections and things will open up in the next month or two.

1615973341_2018BigShowGroup.JPG.5d945753f307ed55019a6b20e11a526c.JPG

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

rjg854

According to Biden's speech today, everyone should be vaccinated by the end of May. Hopefully he's right. :banana-dreads:. The show must go on!

• Like 1

Handy Don
37 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

According to Biden's speech today, everyone should be vaccinated by the end of May. Hopefully he's right. :banana-dreads:. The show must go on!

I read that and thought "how did a piece of such good news manage to get into the feed today?"

The next piece was about the struggles in some communities over resistance to being vaccinated.

Sigh.

Still, I'm keeping hope alive.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Just saw this on my FB feed, so don't tell me nothing good happens there. 👍👍

Screenshot_20210302-190900_Facebook.jpg.936575d48f65c915c06c101a61ab39f3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Greentored

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and proceed with getting excited!

• Haha 1