tallen4392

gas shut off

Wheelynice

Howie and ADSM08 - Jumping back in to this now that it's that season.. Never got around to trying to pull that seat out.. Seems pressed in and I would be surprised if that is my high idle condition. Contemplating just replacing the carb for an aftermarket.. Seems they are cheap enough.. around $20 I think.. I was running the mower with the choke on (just to keep the rpm down) but I don't think that works for any extended period of time ..I am not using the mower for actual mowing yet (need the expensive deck pulley), but just want to use the tractor for towing yard debris, etc. Thoughts? I'll give the seat another shot tonight.. and see if there is some way for to check governor position..

Wheelynice

I still have the engine race issue.. have to run the engine on choke for the most part. Clearly, something wrong. Governor seems to work, but any input out there would be appreciated. Thinking of bringing to a local mower shop since I am out of ideas. Would appreciate any help out there. Thanks again for everybody's guidance. Just want to get the mower running well for routine towing of debris and the like.. Will deal with the mower deck [someday] as soon as I can afford to buy that expensive mower pulley!

ebinmaine

I'm not overly familiar with the vertical shaft engines. Hopefully somebody with more experience can chime in. Have you tried to either disconnect the governor and see what happens, or reset the governor to factory specs?

Normally if you have to run the engine with the CHOKE ON that means you're giving it a starvation of air which in turn means it is not getting enough fuel or anywhere near it.    

Some folks have decent luck with the aftermarket carburetors but I'm not one of them and I'll not buy another one. I'd rather rebuild an older carburetor over and over and over. 

gwest_ca

A governor is supposed to slow the engine down. The faster it runs the more force it creates to slow it down.

The throttle cable is what speeds it up.

The link between the throttle cable and the governor is a governor spring.

The governor is adjusted without the engine running.

The procedure should have a good description in the service manual

Tractor model B-112

Garry

• Thanks 1

Mike'sHorseBarn
On 12/4/2020 at 10:14 PM, tallen4392 said:

Bought it today and installed it works like it should hope it lasts for a while Thanks

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious to see what this valve looks like on the tractor if you don't mind posting a picture? I'm afraid that valve won't have enough threads. I see toro is charging $75 for the correct valve and I REFUSE lol I just have an inline shutoff on mine and would like something more original.

• Like 1