JCM

Trail Maint/ tine raking/ Tree clean up

Sparky

Smoooooth trails are the best! The ones out back behind my property just about shake your kidneys out :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine

VERY nice work!

@Sparky ours are so rough we're almost never out of second gear at 3/4 throttle. 

Good stuff. 

• Like 3

WheelhorseBob

Very nice! Hopefully next year I will be able to go on a trail ride! I’m only a stones throw away.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Herder

Nice work & beautiful property, of course the WH's are excellent too.   

• Thanks 1

DennisThornton

Wow!  I've got to have one of those tine rakes!  Details, close-ups and info please!

I bought some rubber/steel tines but haven't gotten around to making a frame.  

Seeing what you can do with it is awesome!  I have both a 4ft and 6ft rear but I'm guessing you already know the downsides to rear mounts.

• Like 1

JCM

I have never used a rear mount. This came with my 91  520-H when I bought in 2002. Once the front mount is on the tractor rake takes 2 minutes to install, 1 pin with a washer and hairpin cotter at either end. Glad you like it Dennis and nice to hear from you back on RS. I have pics showing the mounting bracket and possibly ID tag info,just need to locate, stay tuned @DennisThornton .

P1012708.JPG

P1012707.JPG

2020-2.jpg

2020-4-12 WH 061.JPG

2020-4-12 WH 058.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

DennisThornton
5 hours ago, JCM said:

I have never used a rear mount. This came with my 91  520-H when I bought in 2002. Once the front mount is on the tractor rake takes 2 minutes to install, 1 pin with a washer and hairpin cotter at either end. Glad you like it Dennis and nice to hear from you back on RS. I have pics showing the mounting bracket and possibly ID tag info,just need to locate, stay tuned @DennisThornton .

P1012708.JPG

P1012707.JPG

2020-4-12 WH 061.JPG

Thank you, it's real good to be back!

You have to drag over what you want to clean up with a rear mount, breaking branches, shoving them into the ground and then drag the mess off somewhere, lift and dump, as opposed to what you are doing.  Far better than nothing but far less than what you have and what you are doing!

Yes indeed!  More info and pics would be appreciated!

• Like 2

ebinmaine
30 minutes ago, JCM said:

Once the front mount is on the tractor

Forgive my lack of knowledge here...

What is the "front mount"?

Attachomatic?

Or is it a separate piece from that?

JCM

Separate piece Eric, it goes behind the Attach o matic. Somewhere I have a picture of it on here that Ed K wanted to see how it mounted, you think I can find it .

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
42 minutes ago, JCM said:

Separate piece Eric, it goes behind the Attach o matic. Somewhere I have a picture of it on here that Ed K wanted to see how it mounted, you think I can find it .

No worries Mr Jim I was just curious. 

JCM

Found the remaining info @DennisThornton . You can still leave the mower deck on for use with this attachment. Rake, mow and bag all in one if so desired as pictured on the 520, I just use the tine currently. Hope this inspires you.    Jim

DSCN0033.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

DSCN0029.JPG

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Is that a Wheelhorse attachment Jim?

Are there other things that can be mounted in the front of the tractor using that same bracket?

JCM

I believe Tine Rake is the MFG out of Missouri. Not WH  Eric. Have not looked into if they are still around. That attachment along with a PECO bagger,48'' SD deck and 91   520 -H  was $ 7000.00 when sold new. Bought from a childhood friend who bought that from Leo. Raytown. Missouri no longer in business, just checked. Didn't answer your question about mounting something else. I'm sure you could dream up something. :confusion-confused:

Edited by JCM
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
27 minutes ago, JCM said:

I'm sure you could dream up something

You better believe it....

• Haha 1

DennisThornton
6 hours ago, JCM said:

Found the remaining info @DennisThornton . You can still leave the mower deck on for use with this attachment. Rake, mow and bag all in one if so desired as pictured on the 520, I just use the tine currently. Hope this inspires you.    Jim

DSCN0033.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

DSCN0029.JPG

Pictures saved! Thank you!  Could I ask for another detailing the lift?

• Like 1

JCM

@DennisThornton   If you look at the left front frame rail you will see a hook attached, then check out the 417 on the roadside with the pile of debris in front of it. there you will see the lever with a hand grip, all manual lift, simple.

DennisThornton
2 minutes ago, JCM said:

@DennisThornton   If you look at the left front frame rail you will see a hook attached, then check out the 417 on the roadside with the pile of debris in front of it. there you will see the lever with a hand grip, all manual lift, simple.

I completely overlooked the hook!  I understand now!

Boy it does a nice job!  I might add some heavier tines in the front that ride a bit higher to catch larger debris.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Pullstart
12 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Pictures saved! Thank you!  Could I ask for another detailing the lift?

14 minutes ago, JCM said:

Is there anything that keeps the manual lift lever from hitting the hood or dash when it’s released?  

• Like 1

JCM

@pullstart  No, sometimes the lever goes behind the hook and rubs on the chaff screen when pushing a lot of debris because the twin Kohler hangs out over the frame rail and then I remove the screen in the spring then lightly sand and spray a light coat of semi-gloss or satin black to keep it nice. The lift lever in it's normal position does not come near the hood.

Pullstart

I wonder if a guide bar could be bolted as an extension behind that hook latch Jim?

• Thanks 1

Lee1977
1 hour ago, DennisThornton said:

I completely overlooked the hook!  I understand now!

Boy it does a nice job!  I might add some heavier tines in the front that ride a bit higher to catch larger debris.

Thank you!

If I were build that hitch I would attach it to the tac-a-matic so it could be easily removed.   A 5/8" rod and a hook under the WH hitch is all you need.

The bolt is not required, I used it because I had it.

SAM-1066.jpg

SAM-1067.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2

DennisThornton

I was surprised to see that the hitch wasn't utilized and thought I would give that some thought later.  Now here it is!  And sooner!

Thanks!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

I was surprised to see that the hitch wasn't utilized and thought I would give that some thought later.  Now here it is!  And sooner!

Thanks!

@Lee1977 has some good ideas and experiences. 

• Like 1