OldWorkHorse

The start of the new winter project. I'm going to need more K1! :text-lol:

20201127_142331.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

That looks familiar!!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this one build into a whole :wh: tractor. 

Please put as many pics as you can and keep asking questions!!

:auto-layrubber:

• Like 2

OldWorkHorse
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Please put as many pics as you can and keep asking questions!!

Oh careful what you wish for. I have tons of questions and tons more I haven't even thought of yet. I do have a plan and a color idea in the head but got to get this thing rolling and all there 1st. Then once have all the major parts break it down even more and start fixing and putting back together. I'm excited and cant wait for it to be done myself. Going to be my wheelhorse cruiser haha. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Super cool. 

JCM

Hmmm.  Seen that before, somewhere.  :confusion-confused:   Before you know it that turns from this to that. FOCUSED.

img20200728_11010064.jpg

img20200728_11225912.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

OldWorkHorse
2 minutes ago, JCM said:

Before you know it that turns from this to that.

That's awesome. I'm excited! Sadly rolling into winter here so next few months will be mostly cleaning and hunting down parts. But hopfuly come spring time be ready for paint and then put back together and driving her around by the 4th of July! :USA: Goals!

• Like 1

JCM

I hope to see it in N. Berwick September 2021 at the M&G  Steve.

Edited by JCM
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1

OldWorkHorse

Heck yes just saw a vid of the trail ride that's what I want to build this for nice drive around machine I got my 314-8 for work. Now i need one for fun and @ebinmaine hooked me up with this tractor! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

JCM

A few more pics for you Steve to give you some more inspiration for your resto. These parts are from a 1986 420- LSE that I picked up this year and did a refurb on and not a complete restoration. I replaced whatever was not correct and needed to be updated. I wanted it cleaned up but also a tractor that I can use in any weather if needed, that's what they are for. It's nice to know when you throw a leg over it and know what you have under you and a good feeling you can trust it . Good luck with your project, take your time and most of all learn from it for future projects.    Jim

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Edited by JCM
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
40 minutes ago, JCM said:

A few more pics for you Mike to give you some more inspiration for your resto. These parts are from a 1986 420- LSE that I picked up this year and did a refurb on and not a complete restoration. I replaced whatever was not correct and needed to be updated. I wanted it cleaned up but also a tractor that I can use in any weather if needed, that's what they are for. It's nice to know when you throw a leg over it and know what you have under you and a good feeling you can trust it . Good luck with your project, take your time and most of all learn from it for future projects.    Jim

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Love those pics Man. 

• Like 3

JCM

A lot of time and patience right there.  :thumbs:

• Like 2

Handy Don

Reminds me of a smorgasbord!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

OldWorkHorse
2 hours ago, JCM said:

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Wow that a work of art right there! The projects can be long and most of the time tedious but I love doing it and like you said it feels good to know you can get on them and trust them when your all done with it. Plus they are soild and last almost forever with enough care. If only I could work on stuff in my garage 24/7... ahh someday! 

• Like 2

OldWorkHorse

Got the trans all freed up was fighting me a little but working great so coffee milk drain tomorrow and a diesel bath for a bit and some new grease should do it well. Had to bench test it to get it going though gears what better way then to use another horse to do it. 

16069581464376804141344915209054.jpg

• Like 5

OldWorkHorse

Spacers and lugnuts came in today, just waiting on bolts to stud the hubs. 

20201203_100738.jpg

• Like 2

71_Bronco
On 11/27/2020 at 2:31 PM, OldWorkHorse said:

The start of the new winter project. I'm going to need more K1! :text-lol:

20201127_142331.jpg

:eusa-think: Hmm... I think there is something missing from that thing.... :ychain:

Excited to see what it turns out like. Planning on a return-to-stock rebuild? Or an upgraded worker?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OldWorkHorse
2 hours ago, 71_Bronco said:

Planning on a return-to-stock rebuild? Or an upgraded worker?

Going to be modified trail cruiser. My idea is alot works out that I got it torn all apart just saves me a few min of having to do it myself. Just hoping get it mostly done by early summer so can enjoy it. But right now just building up the stock on parts and missing items so can get it all laid out and go at it full steam. 

• Like 2

OldWorkHorse

Yay can bolt things together now!

20201205_134803.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse

Built a cleaning table for the 1257 and got engine taken off along with a few other peices to start the big clean.

20201208_180547.jpg

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Like 3

ebinmaine

Excellent!!

• Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse

Been a slow process but slowly getting all the grease and dirt off the 1257 and come to find out there was a frame under all of it. 50+ years of dirt can really hide some stuff. 

20201222_155047.jpg

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

come to find out there was a frame under all of it

I sold you a frame too???

Well that's good to hear. I was pretty sure there was one underneath that engine somewhere.....

OldWorkHorse

More I scraped away I was worried was just mud that took the shape of a frame. Got a little concerned. But she seems all there and sum of the paint looks good as new, should just clear coat her haha

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse

Engine broken down and cleaned up, new gaskets in the mail, and got to learn how to weld aluminum or find a new starter generator but other then that engine is in great shape. Cant wait to get this whole thing cleaned up so can start putting it together. Next on the list is to flush the milkshake out of the transmission. 

20201228_134635.jpg

20201228_170215.jpg

20201228_170222.jpg

• Like 4

ebinmaine

Cleaning up nicely!