RandyLittrell

Lost a childhood friend.

RandyLittrell

A childhood friend of mine passed away today from covid. I grew up in a tiny town and we weren't close friends but our parents and families were close. He was a year older than I so I quess about 55. He had 2 daughters and some grandkids. Really am sad for his Mom, her husband passed just a year or two ago. 

It's just a mask and a little handwashing with keeping a little distance from each other. We have the same number of people dying every two days as we lost on 9-11. Remember how we came together as a nation then, we need to do it again. We know how viruses work, it's not magic or voodoo. The sooner we can get past this, the sooner we can get back to our normal lives!! 

Sorry for the rant guys, we lost two firefighter in Kansas City this weekend from covid as well and it's kinda sent me over the edge! 

I want you ALL to be here this time next year!! 

Randy

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Heart 7

Mows4three

Sorry to hear that Randy.  It’s a bad virus and is indiscriminate in who it takes.  Never has the old saying: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” been so true. 

I am truly sorry for your losses and look forward to the time when the world will get back to normal.  

Dave

• Like 3

oldlineman

:text-yeahthat:Well said , I wish we were more like my fathers generation," that greatest one ", that came together and saved the world, we could use that kind of people now. There should be more US and WE than I and ME.  Stay safe and try to stick together, Bob

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard

@RandyLittrell Sorry for the loss of your friend. 

10 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

It's just a mask and a little handwashing with keeping a little distance from each other.

We know how viruses work, it's not magic or voodoo.

No one truly knows how this China Virus spreads. My son's 16 year old niece lives in a family unit where 3 of 5 have genetic kidney disease, so they are extremely careful. Masks, hand-washing, social distancing, etc. For her 16th birthday, my daughter-in-law took her out driving for 2 hours in a closed car. No masks, both touching steering wheel, controls etc. Two days later the 16 year old tests positive for covid-19 after experiencing a 101.1 fever. So my daughter-in-law immediately gets the PCR test (negative) and then quarantines for 14 days with no symptoms. The covid-19 ran it's course in the 16 year old (fever, fatigue, cough, sore throat, loss of taste and smell). No one else in here family presented with any symptoms. She is fine now, and no one else in their immediate circles have experienced it.  :dunno:

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead

Hi Randy,

Sorry to read that.

Independently if Family, Buddy, Friend or just a far known person, each passed person is definitely one too much.

Whatever the origin of that Virus was, i hope there will be soon a vaccination against it, to give us the life back we had before.

Keep safe, stay healthy (and wear masks).

• Like 2

Zeek
9 hours ago, rmaynard said:

@RandyLittrell Sorry for the loss of your friend. 

No one truly knows how this China Virus spreads. My son's 16 year old niece lives in a family unit where 3 of 5 have genetic kidney disease, so they are extremely careful. Masks, hand-washing, social distancing, etc. For her 16th birthday, my daughter-in-law took her out driving for 2 hours in a closed car. No masks, both touching steering wheel, controls etc. Two days later the 16 year old tests positive for covid-19 after experiencing a 101.1 fever. So my daughter-in-law immediately gets the PCR test (negative) and then quarantines for 14 days with no symptoms. The covid-19 ran it's course in the 16 year old (fever, fatigue, cough, sore throat, loss of taste and smell). No one else in here family presented with any symptoms. She is fine now, and no one else in their immediate circles have experienced it.  :dunno:

Sorry to hear:( :text-yeahthat:

• Like 1