Sign in to follow this  
tgordonjr

How to get the wheels off

tgordonjr

I have a 211-5 and I am restoring/customizing it, and I need to know how to get the wheels off :omg: There is a black cap on what i think is equal to a hub on a car, but I cant get the cap off!!!!! Do I need to man handle it or is there a way to get them off without breaking somin. Also I have a post in the mechanical threads about the drive belt spring. I was trying to adjust the belt by moving the spring into a different hole and the spring came loose and I dont know where the back of the spring goes. I really need help with this one, I dont have the $$$$ to take it somewhere. Thanks all. :drool:

Irv

Those little plastic caps do come off hard sometimes. I use a channel lok with a rag between the jaws.

tgordonjr

Thanks I'll give it a try. :omg:

tgordonjr

ok so I got the plastic cap off and the washers, so now I do I get the wheel off. It looks like it should just pull off :omg: . I was beating on it with a deadblow hammer and notta. :drool:

Irv

Don't know. I have never taken them off my 211 but the 300, 400s and c's I have and they slide right off after the cotter pin is taken out. I'll look at the 211 tomorrow if I get a chance.

Don1977

Are you asking about removing the rear wheels from the transmission axle shaft. First soak it with PB Blaster it may be rusted. This is the alum. trans. 5 speed. On other makes of tractor I have had to remove the trans. support the wheel on the vice and drive the axle out with a smaller steel rod. They can be a real pain to get apart.

CasualObserver

You could squirt some Kroil or PB Blaster on both sides of the rim on the spindle or axle and take it for a drive. Sometimes the side strain of turning will get them to break loose. Of course I hope I don't have to say be careful, and only try this with one wheel at a time... and keep a VERY close eye on it while you're doing it. Probably not a recommended procedure... but could work. :omg:

bustedglass

I Used PB Blaster, and a BIG hammer on my 211. My little tractor was 20 years old when I took the wheels off. They can be a royal pain :omg: . Take your time, and dont get carried away with the hammer. Eventually they will come off.

Irv

Sorry, I thought you were asking about the front wheels.

WHC-125

You can take the side facing out off of the bead and put a puller on it

tgordonjr

thanks for all the replys, sorry for no response been on vacation and had to put in a new pump for the well :omg: