Oldskool

Project "Snow Drift"

Oldskool

As I've been looking things over this morning I think I need some sort of retrieval point/s. No ideas yet.

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

As I've been looking things over this morning I think I need some sort of retrieval point/s. No ideas yet.

And we talking like hooks and shackle type stuff?

Oldskool
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

And we talking like hooks and shackle type stuff?

Ya something like that

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I certainly agree that would be a good idea.

My first thought would be to make sure if at all possible... That you have a mounting point that won't be caught in a pivot or drive line.

In the front perhaps hanging down in the middle from behind the pivot or directly to the front of it if you have room. In the back I'm not so sure.

• Like 2

Oldskool
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I certainly agree that would be a good idea.

My first thought would be to make sure if at all possible... That you have a mounting point that won't be caught in a pivot or drive line.

In the front perhaps hanging down in the middle from behind the pivot or directly to the front of it if you have room. In the back I'm not so sure.

The front will be easier then the back. Its something I should deal with fairly soon before I have to much stuff in the way.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Forgive my memory here but do you have any kind of a toolbox built-in? It probably would be a stellar idea to keep 6 ft or whatever of SOFT strap or thick rope to be wrapped around whatever components of that machine need to be pulled upon.

• Like 3

Oldskool
30 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Forgive my memory here but do you have any kind of a toolbox built-in? It probably would be a stellar idea to keep 6 ft or whatever of SOFT strap or thick rope to be wrapped around whatever components of that machine need to be pulled upon.

I do not have a toolbox at the moment.  I will probably just have a gunny sack on the rear rack. I really doubt I will be any more then a 5 min walk from my truck or garage at any point of use.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Simple eye hook on front and back, low, should do the trick... rolled up jerk strap will address connection and flexibility...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

Oldskool
38 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Simple eye hook on front and back, low, should do the trick... rolled up jerk strap will address connection and flexibility...

:twocents-02cents:

The front is in production now. It's quite military looking

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
45 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

jerk strap

Not very nice of you to call me names

• Haha 4

Oldskool

Again something simple, but sometimes that's all you need. The collar in the middle of the shackle is plug welded to the shaft to keep it centered.

20210122_152930.jpg

• Excellent 8

Tractorhead

That‘s really cool, so you can built a backhoe on the back of a Horse and maybe lift it onto the Trailer.

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Stormin

I suggest one on the rear as well. Just in case you can't pull forward.

If the jerk strap referred too is a kinetic rope, you need to be very carefull using those. Don't jerk them. Just gentle pull.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool
19 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

That‘s really cool, so you can built a backhoe on the back of a Horse and maybe lift it onto the Trailer.

Backhoe may be this spring lol

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Stormin said:

If the jerk strap referred too is a kinetic rope, you need to be very carefull using those. Don't jerk them. Just gentle pull.

We s'pose that'd be a "kinetic" strap?

• Like 2

ebinmaine
Just now, Oldskool said:

Backhoe may be this spring lol

Oh Man.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oldskool
4 minutes ago, Stormin said:

I've been walking by the chassis all day trying to figure out where,how, and what design for the back. I think I need to get more assembled to see what room is available.. As far as the jerk strap goes, Ive always just used an old tire between to chains to add some give.

• Like 1

Oldskool
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Oh Man.....

Remember I have the back half from a Haxco Heavy G I picked up with a backhoe on it. The bucket holds just about the same amount as a 5gal pail

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Remember I have the back half from a Haxco Heavy G I picked up with a backhoe on it. The bucket holds just about the same amount as a 5gal pail

Sure would be nice hangin' off a GT14 or something...

• Excellent 2

Oldskool
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Sure would be nice hangin' off a GT14 or something...

It would, but there is enough of the Haxco as it sits to bring it back to life.

• Excellent 2

Oldskool

A little donation from the local military guy. Now I have a tail light and it's a matching style to the headlights.

20210123_140010.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Oldskool

The rear hitch point is done. What a p.i.t.a. I had to partially assemble to see how much room I had then dissemble to the point of taking the rear strut section off. I think I can keep moving forward from here.

20210123_153351.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

Tractorhead

That Taillight looks perfectly fit.

• Like 1

Oldskool
3 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

That Taillight looks perfectly fit.

Oh it's going to work great. Its surprising thou, that little bugger weighs all of 5lbs maybe a bit more. Wouldnt want to drop it on my toe.

71_Bronco

Wait, wouldn't it be better to have pull points on the sides? So when you pull, the rollers will act as wheels?

If you pull from the front or back, won't the screws be fighting you the whole time?

Just a thought.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1