echris

Funny story about voting today. <Please no politics, just a fun story about my vote today!>

echris

My county opened up early in-person voting at a few locations a few days ago. It's not at our usual polling place. 

I heard from neighbors and friends about long lines.
I usually vote at my tiny town hall on Election Day and have never waited once.

"Three booths, no waiting!" :lol:

I was going to just wait until Tuesday and go to the Town Hall as always.
But more and more stories of long wait times, I decided I was going to check the polling place out on Friday.
The day of the 1st snow. The first day of non-70 degree weather of the season. 
It was 34 and snowing. Heavy, wet snow.
I waited in line, around 3 sides of the building, for about an hour and then voted.

The point, the only point is; the slight hardship really drilled home how important a responsibility voting is, no matter where you live.

Edited by echris
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:flags-waveusa:

Vote

:flags-waveusa:

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

WHNJ701

I am very concerned about the whole thing, we have to mail in, which I did last week.  Yesterday I get a letter in the mail saying their was an issue with my signature.   They sent me a form requiring my signature and drivers license # stating if it I didn't my vote wouldn't count.  It's messed up

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8ntruck

We sent requests in foe absentee ballots.  When we received them, we voted and delivered them to the drop box at our polling location.

Make sure you cast your vote.  

• Like 2

953 nut
8 hours ago, echris said:

I heard from neighbors and friends about long lines.
I usually vote at my tiny town hall on Election Day and have never waited once.

"Three booths, no waiting!"

With the number of people doing Absentee Ballots or early voting there probably won't be anyone at the poles on Election Day.      :ychain:

I was a volunteer fireman in my hometown (population about 600) and since the fire station was our polling place and the ambulance and a pumper were outside one of us had to be there at closing time. I volunteered to do this and also was a poll worker for the last shift. When it came time to tabulate and certify the results three of us independently added up the tally from all three booths and then we compared our results. None of us were mathematically challenged and we all had the same totals. I don't remember how many Republican, Democrat or Libertarian votes were cast, but there had been one vote cast for the Communist Party and we all spent a great deal of time speculating who would have cast that ballot.

In the final analysis we have an ally in Heaven watching over us and we will survive this regardless of the outcome of this election. Romans 13:1 clearly states that: “Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.” 1 Peter 2:13-14 says: “Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.” So we see that God establishes all governmental leaders in the world,

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard

I have always voted on election day, but with Covid-19, our governor has reduced the number of polling places. Since I could envision long lines on Tuesday, and with both Mrs. M and me having back issues, we early voted on Thursday. Rain and long lines did not deter a consistent outpouring of patriotic folks exercising their Constitutional rights. Everything was smooth. We arrived at 1:15 and left at 2:05. Not bad.

ev.jpg.f93cac089335c13089de2ef7d2b23328.jpg

ive.jpg.40ec7c0473f129102a18b65164eb3b96.jpg

:USA:

• Like 3

oliver2-44

I hit it just right and voted Monday late morning.. No line, I was the 3rd person at the 5 voting booths. 

As I left the lunch voting line was beginning to form Last week my wife waited about 30 minutes. 

I heard on the local news our county now has as many votes cast as were cast in the 2016 election.

0?ui=2&ik=bb61a8cc7a&attid=0.1&permmsgid

• Like 1

Tooomuch7
8 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

We sent requests in foe absentee ballots.  When we received them, we voted and delivered them to the drop box at our polling location.

Make sure you cast your vote.  

Yep,that’s the exact same thing my wife and I did.

• Like 1

lynnmor

I am concerned that all this variable voting times and places will lead to real problems.  I guess I am a reactionary, but my opinion is that all voting should be done at the polls on the first Tuesday of November with few exceptions.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell

We did the mail in last week.     

• Like 2

SPINJIM

When I voted by mail during the Primaries, I check a box requesting an automatic mail ballot for this election.   When I didn't receive it early, I requested it again just in case.   I received an email saying that they already had my first request, so they were voiding my second request.  Received the ballot the following week.   Haven't heard of any multiple ballots, only multiple ballot REQUEST FORMS sent out by the parties.

I mailed the ballot back the next day, and received an email from the county saying that they received it and recorded it. 

The system seems to be working pretty well here in PA.

Too late to vote by mail.  Have to drop off the ballot at a drop-box or vote in person now.   But please  VOTE  !   

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

Sounds like your locals have it right Jim.       I never got a reply that my ballot was received ????

• Like 1

rmaynard

This is not political, but logistical. My brother-in-law has his permanent address in Florida. In the summer he lives in West Virginia. He does not return to Florida until after Thanksgiving. He requested a mail-in ballot back in September. Florida, by law, must mail the ballot to his permanent Florida address where the post office forwards it to his West Virginia address. His ballot should have been received in WV but he never received it. So he calls and tells the election office and they send him a new one. That too was not received. So he calls a week ago and tells them that he has not received any of his ballots. They assured him that they have all been mailed. Again, the 3rd one has not been received, so he calls a friend in Florida who picks up a ballot for him, mails it to hims, he receives it two days later and mails it back to the friend who will drop it in a ballot box. :scratchead:

Edited by rmaynard
  • Sad 1

roadapples

I'll be at the polls at our township building on Tuesday. Four booths and I've never seen a line.

Now that's country....

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

He requested a mail-in ballot back in September. Florida, by law, must mail the ballot to his permanent Florida address where the post office forwards it to his West Virginia address. His ballot should have been received in WV but he never received it.

Just as I was reading this the noon news was telling about a Florida Post office that was being investigated.     :scratchead:      They had carts full of undelivered mail including ballots.       :sad:

• Sad 1