Pullstart

Respirators

Pullstart

Back in January, I used RedGuard to waterproof my shower before tiling.  I didn’t use any protection and payed for it.  Now, I find myself doing another bathroom coming up soon and figured now’s the time to protect my lungs instead of more stupid works.  To my surprise, not many to be found in town.  Thanks to the jungle site, I have a carbon filter/ layered respirator coming tomorrow, soon enough that it will not delay my project.  

It’s not my intention to turn this into a COVID post.  We were discussing good quality ventilation for paint projects earlier in the year and I wish I would have grabbed one up before the shortage came.  Luckily I haven’t sucked up too many fumes between then and now!

CA16B64B-45E5-466F-8B51-A5A6BB597D28.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

PULL START, having regularly used respirators at work , and having a stash , I do not hesitate to  use one , especially today , what's airborne  can get you , if you are in ANY CONFINED SPACE , WITH QUESTIONABLE , FUMES / DUST ,ETC , PROTECT YOUSELF ! . ITS SCARY OUT THERE , PETE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don

Staying on the safety theme, I wish I'd paid more attention to the effect of noise on hearing earlier in my life.  Countless hours mowing lawns, cutting firewood, and using loud shop tools when I should have been wearing ear protection. Now I wear routinely even when I don't expect to be noisy and when my grandchildren come to visit they bring their eye and ear protection (I keep extras for the forgetful) because they know if they want to work in the shop with Gramps they need their "eyes and ears" on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

Had to use these alot when using spray

adhesive inside these buses. We could only use them a few times and had to

discard them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

Needing a new one too. Have a link to share here Kevin, for the one you got? :handgestures-thumbsup: Ty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, AMC RULES said:

Needing a new one too. Have a link to share here Kevin, for the one you got? :handgestures-thumbsup: Ty.

Hey Craig,

I can’t find “the link” having the app, but this is the title.

There are a few within a $30 range, but this mentioned carbon filter whereas the others only mentioned cotton.

RANKSING FTP 2Pcs Gas Proof Active Carbon Respirators,6200 Paint, for dustproof and Formaldehyde Prevention, Decoration and Polishing and Other work

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
32 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Staying on the safety theme, I wish I'd paid more attention to the effect of noise on hearing earlier in my life.  

:text-yeahthat:

I hear that Don.....actually I don't hear that.

After spending 47 years  around hydro turbines that are producing up to a million HP  and over 100db,  my hearing is gone.      The closed caption is always on on my TV.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Stormin

I tell my grandsons to use ear protection in noisy environment's. When they ask why, I reply, WHAT?

Yes! My hearing is shot as well. :(

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

Following along since I need a new one for paint this coming spring. I haven't been able to find one in store since the pandemic started.

8ntruck

I'be been doing some angle grinder work the past few days.  Used ear and eye protection.  Seeing what was on the tissue after blowng my nose when I was done grinding, I realized I should have used some sort of respiratory protection as well.

One of those respirators is on my things to get list, as I have a couple of automotive restoration projects coming up once I get my work space squared away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto

When they are available, I usually pick up a paint respirator from Harbor Freight. They get tossed when the project is done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

been doing some angle grinder work the past few days.  Used ear and eye protection.  Seeing what was on the tissue after blowng my nose when I was done grinding, I realized I should have used some sort of respiratory protection as well.

A face shield, N-95 mask and an exhaust fan moving the dust away from you should do the trick.

11 hours ago, pullstart said:

figured now’s the time to protect my lungs instead of more stupid works.

Any product that has a catalyzed hardener will do irreversible to your lungs without a proper respirator. 

oliver2-44

Good topic. I use my 3M respirator with replaceable filters quite often. 

WHNJ701

Always had to laugh, I knew this one dude who always wore a respirator for painting odds and ends around his farm, but he smoked a pack and 1/2 a day.  Go figure

• Haha 3

rmaynard
14 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

The closed caption is always on on my TV.

Mine too but for different reasons. We watch a lot of stuff from the UK, and depending on the region, those accents are difficult.

But back to the subject at hand. As you all know, I have been an advocate of respirators for years. As I have always said, if you can smell it, it's getting into your lungs.