formariz

A Milestone day.

AMC RULES

Just the first day of the rest of your life Cas...congrats on making it there.  :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SPINJIM

A year from now, you'll be so busy with woodworking projects and tractor projects, you will wonder how you ever had time for a job.  Enjoy your freedom, and stay active.

Jim

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

I'm doing the same thing right now, started SSI earlier in the year, got this one last house we're building, and that most likely will be it.  We're only working when the weather is halfway decent, and there's no big rush to get this one done, as long as we can get it weather tight before the snow flies.  Which should not be difficult to do.

Edited by rjg854
Lacking word
  • Like 6

SylvanLakeWH

Congratulations! 

What a great retirement plan - passing on your incredible talent to the Grandkids...!

Lucky Grandpa...!

Lucky kids...!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish

Congratulations Cas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Congratulations Sir!!

Enjoy the time. Living simply to be alive is a tremendous dream of both Trina's and mine. 

You're as old as you feel. No more. No less.

Be well. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others. 

Of utmost importance, just be happy. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

tom2p

Congrats  - best wishes and enjoy !

• Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

Way to go Cas !!! I have five more years to go before retirement and making the man rich! I was with a stage union for 20 years

pension at 65? :confusion-confused:

Let us know the progress!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

Without a doubt, the best vocational decision I ever made was retirement. The wife and I both pulled the plug when we were 61 and haven't had any regrets. As @SPINJIM said, you will be so busy that you'll wonder how you ever found time for a job.

Thrilling Thursday | Happy retirement quotes, Retirement wishes, Happy  retirement wishes

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Awesome news, Cas!  You are obviously a very talented craftsman and to pass that on to another generation of your family is amazing!  

I recall you learned from your father or grandfather as well as the other old timer that you still hear in your mind on occasion?

• Thanks 1

8ntruck

Congratulations.  You will find that you will be too busy to be board.

I called it quits 2 years ago.  I don't regret it a bit, even though I am about a year from being eligible for Social Security.

The company I retired from just closed one of the plants.  Now they are shuffling the product around to other plants.  I just got a call from my old boss wondering if I might consider helping with some of the transfer projects.  More discussion on this subject is needed before I make a decision.

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Congrats to retirement,

now your time gets harder scheduled, because you go in the retiremental stress.

But that‘s a good one. 😂 i see it on my Mom.

enjoy the Time have a lot of Fun, do just things you like allway’s to do and stay Safe.

It seems we started here on Monday the next Lockdown... 😎🤪

• Thanks 1

Stormin

Enjoy retirement, Cas. :thumbs: Best job I've ever had.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Darb1964

If was hard for me at first, but I had no choice because of disability. Very different to be collecting on 401k  after years of padding it. Always worried not enough. Adviser said plenty ,still is a funny new step,even after three years.

Good luck

Congratulations!!

• Thanks 1

formariz
12 hours ago, The Tuul Crib said:

Way to go Cas !!! I have five more years to go before retirement and making the man rich! I was with a stage union for 20 years

pension at 65? :confusion-confused:

Let us know the progress!!

Hang in there. United Brotherhood of Carpenters since 20. Started collecting full pension at 55.

11 hours ago, pullstart said:

Awesome news, Cas!  You are obviously a very talented craftsman and to pass that on to another generation of your family is amazing!  

I recall you learned from your father or grandfather as well as the other old timer that you still hear in your mind on occasion?

Thank you. Really looking forward to grand kids taking it up. It gives me a  sort of peace and relief that it will continue after me and my children.

Yes for me it all started originally with my grandfather then my father. Once here however things accelerated quickly from the exposure to so many talented individuals from so many parts of the world. It has been a blessed life of learning and opportunity. Of all of them, most important my late friend and mentor Leo Wuest, a German immigrant whom I had the fortune to cross paths with in my early 20s.A man of incredible talent whit and wisdom without whom  my life would have been very different. I wonder many times how different my life would have been had I not met him. He was the top foreman in an extremely prestigious NYC Architectural Woodwork firm I started working for. I still remember how it all started like it was yesterday. While working in his job after a few weeks one day he came to me and said " your ability to have your hands do what is in your mind is a God given gift. Now, if you allow me I will shape your mind so you do not waste that gift". I was an impetuous young man inexperienced in the ways of life and did not quite know what he meant but I agreed. I became his personal assistant. Not only I got lessons in woodworking probably the least important, but mainly I got lessons in life which shaped the rest of it. This was a man that so many times while answering others would stare directly into my eyes. I miss him dearly.

• Heart 6