Pullstart

One of a kind Wheel Horse Ride Away Senior

Pullstart

@OldWorkHorse @AMC RULES here is the build for Rylee’s “Screamin’ Jimmy”.  The pipes are functional and it has a muffler too.  I decided her ears don’t have to suffer for it to look cool.  She truly learned to weld for this project.  Even though I helped finish many, many joints, she was there in the shop helping!

Edit... WRONG THREAD!  :ROTF:

try this one... Screamin’ Jimmy

Edited by pullstart
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

OldWorkHorse

I think I just said the other day I'll order all that header pipe and end up just going with a stack :laughing-rofl: that's awesome your kids are into helping work on the projects. I know as soon as my little one is old enough I'll be bringing her right into the shop with me. Never a bad thing to know what tools are and how to use them! Awesome work again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

We took a trail ride of a different sort today... with a tow behind snowmobile sled.

D32C6DEA-6109-4790-9586-A44E167E584C.jpeg

A00EAB66-9153-40FB-BAA9-376B4D067C49.jpeg

F9B3B2C6-0318-48C9-9B8E-4B9E56177E55.jpeg

D315A236-317F-4292-83C8-5FB83B0D17D8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

Maxwell-8
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

We took a trail ride of a different sort today... with a tow behind snowmobile sled.

Just lovely!

2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

D315A236-317F-4292-83C8-5FB83B0D17D8.jpeg

She is enjoying it!

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Just lovely!

She is enjoying it!

They both love a good tractor ride!

• Excellent 2

BeninCT

@pullstart just went through this what a great story. Beautiful family you have too. Lucky man.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
59 minutes ago, BeninCT said:

@pullstart just went through this what a great story. Beautiful family you have too. Lucky man.

Thank you, it was a great adventure and you’re right I am a lucky man!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Heart 1

Pullstart

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

A HUGE thanks to Rob @oldiron613 for some carb advice this weekend... he tweaked “Jackie’s” carb and got the little hiccup out of it... then suggested a 1/4 turn more fuel on the Senior.  Now, they are both one pull cold/no choke runners!

C85BB553-6B39-44FD-A935-62DA56021867.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

953 nut

:angry-tappingfoot:      OK Kevin, so what is the next project?       :confusion-confused:   Looks sorta like a Model A Ford front axle there, you holding out on us.

511177591_whatsonthetruck.jpeg.122a209c4ca1f25e9d6849bd08168aea.jpeg

Pullstart
14 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:angry-tappingfoot:      OK Kevin, so what is the next project?       :confusion-confused:   Looks sorta like a Model A Ford front axle there, you holding out on us.

511177591_whatsonthetruck.jpeg.122a209c4ca1f25e9d6849bd08168aea.jpeg

Spare parts :banana-linedance:$10 for the pair at auction, now I have a spare differential, lever steer handle, and maybe tie rods too.  I get to kind of reverse engineer things to see if more than just transmissions and rear ends were scavenged :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 5

WHX??

You might have a shot.

Had mine out last weekend... second pull after long winter nap. 

20220424_112938.jpg

20220424_112929.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

Pullstart

Momma’s got some brand new shoes!

• Like 3

Pullstart

I want to thank @Wild Bill in VA for the guidance in this next step!  I decided to e-tank the front wheels and repaint them inside and out.  The rears will be cleaned, sanded, high build primered and block sanded, then primed and painted to match.  

I was hung up on how in the world to pull that pretty much flush mounted cap without wrecking it.  To quote Bill, he said “

What you're going to have to do to remove the bearing cap is take a metal putty knife (or scraper whatever you call it) and tap the blade in between the wheel and cap and work the blade all the way around till it comes out. Remember the cap is thin but malleable and can be formed back into shape .... but don't hit it too hard.”  

Here’s what we’re up against:

504D3B51-E763-4861-893A-9A6C49AEECBF.jpeg

• Like 4

Pullstart

The caps are basically inverted automotive freeze plugs.  They need to be tapped in on one side to rotate the other side out!

Handy Don
23 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Here’s what we’re up against:

504D3B51-E763-4861-893A-9A6C49AEECBF.jpeg

While tapping away carefully from the back edge with a thin, blunt tool, a gentle persuasion using a belt-style oil filter removal tool wrapped around the outermost end would give you a way to apply some twist at the same time

• Like 1

Pullstart

Before assembling, I’ll give the front end the ole’ Greasy Pete and clean/repack the bearings too.  @peter lena you’d be proud, I even found some vertical slop in the right side spindle I can shim out!

A49A57BF-7393-42EF-A42C-4B5C3452B620.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

While tapping away carefully from the back edge with a thin, blunt tool, a gentle persuasion using a belt-style oil filter removal tool wrapped around the outermost end would give you a way to apply some twist at the same time

There’s no back edge to speak of… but both sides are apart, cleaned and ready for fresh reassembly!

• Like 1

Handy Don
Just now, Pullstart said:

There’s no back edge to speak of… but both sides are apart, cleaned and ready for fresh reassembly!

Seeing it disassembled, I realize that the cap is inset into the hub. What were they thinking?!

Nice job getting it out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, Handy Don said:

What were they thinking?!

Simplicity, strength and longevity apparently:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Pullstart

Found the E-tank!  

Remember when setting up an electrolysis tank, keep your cookin’s in a well ventilated space (outside) and polarity matters!  Always keep your anodes POSITIVELY charged to PULL the garbage away from the NEGATIVE charge!

CB5898A6-49E8-4698-922A-AD2E826329C4.jpeg

Edited by Pullstart
Details
  • Like 2

ineedanother
3 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Found the E-tank!  

CB5898A6-49E8-4698-922A-AD2E826329C4.jpeg

I have to say, those are the BIGGEST anodes I've ever seen in an e-tank :omg:

• Thanks 1

stevebo

Glade to see you got them done. You gonna paint them red like were originally or go with white? Now you know you need to do the back wheels right?

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, stevebo said:

Glade to see you got them done. You gonna paint them red like were originally or go with white? Now you know you need to do the back wheels right?

I’m going to keep the color.  Though red is correct, the Antique White wheels tell a story of it’s late 70’s restoration at a dealership in northern Indiana. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3