Sign in to follow this  
BadDad

Part on ebay

BadDad

I have been looking for parts to restore my 800 special. I was on ebay & I saw the belt guard for the 8hp Briggs. So I bid & won. Paid for it with paypal. Well to my surprise a starter generator came in the mail. Now I only paid $9.95 for the belt guard. The starter generator came in broke. I have talked to the gentleman that sold me the belt guard about the generator. He is going to send me the part that I won ( belt guard ). I told him that I would keep the generator if I could find the part that is broken. I will fix it if I can find the part. So I have said all of this to ask if anyone has the back part of the generator & would sell it to me. Here is a picture of what I have, & the broken piece

.s-g.jpg

WheelHorse_of_course

Hi BadDad

I haven't seen you around here for a while.

This looks like a perfect test case for "JB Weld"! So far it has lived up to its wild claims for me, so maybe worth a try :drool:

Best of luck

:drool: :omg:

bell

I'm pretty sure I have one of those... Send me a message in a couple days if you don't hear from me...

BadDad

Well I have been a little under the weather. Not anything real bad but enough to slow me down. I have heard of JB weld but I don't know if it would take the pressure & keep the belt tight. but If I can not find the back part of the gen I will try it. Thank You Donnie

Don1977

BJ weld is good but not that good. Find a good alum. welder to fix that. I had he corner tab of an alum. engine block broke off had it welded by a welder that fixes alum. wheels. It's never going to look like it's never been broken, but it can be fixed to be used.

bork

I've used those soldering rods with success, But you gotta use the ones that dont have a ton of impurities in them. Maybe it's the original makers? I dont know the brand name off hand but can dig for them if your interested. I asked the guy selling them at a show, let me try & do the beer cans & carb & castings, & to my surprise, it worked great! Ive had others that didn't work worth a crap, Thats why I was so skepticle, at this guys booth.