Racinbob

Prayers for Steve and family

Pullstart
13 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Not wanting to become a pariah on this forum, but saw no masks whatsoever in images from the J&C plowing weekend. Hmmm

There’s no reason to argue here, but Steve wasn’t in attendance at the plow day.  Some may call me an idiot and I’m ok with that, but not in this thread please.  Let’s keep positive prayers and vibes for the ones in need :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

DennisThornton
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

Thank you guys for the prayers...I know they work.  I, Chris and Stacy have been avid mask wearers.  We also keep a bottle of the soap in the vehicles.  Somehow, that nasty stuff got us, but I still believe in wearing a mask and separation.  We all have the same symptoms at this point...headache, raspy throat and cough, slight fever 100-101, shortness of breath, ache all over and chills.  The raspy throat and shortness of breath is what scares me.  Just getting out of bed and you are trying to breath deep.  No taste and no smell and nothing sounds good to eat, but that's OK...not hungry anyway.  Hot tea with honey and lemon are very soothing.  Getting pressure behind the eyes.  Sleep one of two hours at a time. 

I pray none of you catch this.  

I was very concerned at first but now that I know you can at least crawl out of bed and type a bit I feel much better.  I wish you the same, to "feel much better" real soon! 

But don't be a tough guy and do this on your own!  You two should get to a doctor, especially if your hot tea and honey ain't doing the job!  Don't do this on your own if you get worse!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sparky

Good grief! I don’t visit RS for a few days and when I get on I see this news.
  I hope the three of you get over it as soon as possible. 

Your symptoms sound exactly like the ones I had....no fun at all.

Get well and keep your Red Square family informed on how you all are doing.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

wh500special

Well shoot, Steve.  This sucks.  Best wishes on getting through it for you and yours.

So far, we've been personally lucky at my end of the state but we still aren't taking anything for granted.  I know that you were taking this seriously and following the protocols so it's a good reminder to the rest of us not to let our impatience trump our vigilance.

Rest up!

Steve

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

19richie66

Wishing you and your family the best Steve. Hope you start feeling better soon. Maybe a little drop or two of Wheelhorse Rye in with the tea. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

wallfish

Oh crap! Hope you guys feel better soon!

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

rmaynard
On 10/27/2020 at 4:44 PM, stevasaurus said:

I, Chris and Stacy have been avid mask wearers.  We also keep a bottle of the soap in the vehicles.  Somehow, that nasty stuff got us, but I still believe in wearing a mask and separation. 

It is crazy. You can do everything that science and the doctors tells us to do, and some get it, some don't. There is something else going on here that nobody understands yet. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

tom2p
9 hours ago, rmaynard said:

It is crazy. You can do everything that science and the doctors tells us to do, and some get it, some don't. There is something else going on here that nobody understands yet. 

combine the human body - the environment - and the virus - and there are a lot of variables at play 

and science / doctors - human - and human not infallible 

recall early on - masks were not universally recommended  - but later this changed 

lockdowns were the answer - but now there is evidence lockdowns might not be best course 

and on the subject of masks - most are not using the better high quality form fitting N95 masks or better 

many also probably not washing their hands properly or sufficiently 

and the testing is not without issue - many false positives - and this does not count those that received positive test results without or before they were tested 

ughhhh !!!

• Like 2

Stormin

As I have no way of contacting Steve, except here and Skype, does anyone know how they're doing? I'd appreciate some news.

• Heart 1

JC 1965

Prayers just sent for Steve and his family.

• Excellent 1

Stormin

You don't know how relieved I am to read that post Steve. Stay safe and get well soon.  :handgestures-thumbup:

P.S. Looking forward to when we can have a Skype again.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1

Sparky
On 11/2/2020 at 12:24 PM, stevasaurus said:

Chris and Stacy seem to be doing great.  Me...I am still like no change. 

Thanks for the update Steve. Hopefully you start Covid recovery soon.

I’ll be thinkin about you my friend.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

.  Sleeping 20+ hours a day is no problem. 

We’re gonna have to pull Bear from @ebinmaine and hand that name to you!  That’s some hibernation!

.  BTW, the whole family voted.  Take care you guys.  :notworthy:

Good news!

In all honesty Steve, it’s good to hear from ya!  Get well soon, sleep + food + water = energy = recovery!

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead

I Wish you a quick recovery.

take your time to convalescent 

• Excellent 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Hey @stevasaurus, how's your health?

• Like 1

KrazeyOlDave

Prayers going out!!

im just recovering from some type of bug and now my wife has something that includes a high fever. 
The massive body aches and feeling completely exhausted is all I got, but it is flu season, so who knows. 
Everyone be safe and take care of yourselves, it’s some nasty stuff!

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

Not fun at all...suggest getting tested for sure.  

• Like 1

dcrage

Damn virus!  Keep fighting and hope you start improving Steve. My wife and I are still trying to avoid Covid down here in eastern MO. 

• Thanks 1