• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine

I like it!

• Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I like it!

Thank you. It's a trial by fire thing just kinda thought it up needed place for some leds other then the headlights for snowblowing in the dark. We'll see how turns out once all done. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Just saw you're from Maine. 

Welcome to Redsquare!!

Couple other nutcases fairly close too. 

@JCM Jim. 

@Stepney Spenser. 

@Oldskool is up a bit more north. 

@WheelhorseBob is pretty close over in Rochester NH. 

Maybe about time for an impromptu Meet n Greet at this Bear's place. .....

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Do you clear into the road?

My town wants me to install amber flashers. 

rjg854

This is what I did for my 16 auto snow blower

20190602_155627.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

Oldskool

Welcome to the group.  Good to see another Mainiac join in. Nice looking tractor.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

OldWorkHorse
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I do not just the yard. But shes getting a amber just cuz I think shes earned it. Plus I live on a blind turn, so the more noticable I am vs the plow truck the better. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
4 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Welcome to the group.  Good to see another Mainiac join in. Nice looking tractor.

Thank you. Yeah I was surprised to see a bunch mainers on here. Glad found the form makes it easy to find some local wheel horse enthusiasts 

• Excellent 2

OldWorkHorse
21 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

20190602_155627.jpg

Lovin that tall shoot. I spent month or so hunting down any blower I could get hands on after I got the horse. Found 1 about hr up north off a 416-8 for 250. Noobie me left the mount for the blower tube at there house was all excited to mount her up and o couldn't for the life of me figure out how. Lucky some research and a quick visit to E bay got what I needed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

953 nut

:WRS:

The more lights the better! When it comes to a :wh: vs snow plow situation you need all the help you can get.              :handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Haha 3

Oldskool
4 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Thank you. Yeah I was surprised to see a bunch mainers on here. Glad found the form makes it easy to find some local wheel horse enthusiasts 

You have come to the right place 

• Excellent 2

OldWorkHorse
Just now, 953 nut said:

:WRS:

The more lights the better! When it comes to a :wh: vs snow plow situation you need all the help you can get.              :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yeah and the snow all back in my face with the short shoot. Imma hunt down a tall 1 one of these days and switch her over. Swapped the old headlights for sum new 4 inch round LEDs can mow all night long. 

20201017_135153.jpg

20200605_172019.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

OldWorkHorse
37 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

20190602_155627.jpg

I see you run turf saver tires on your horse. Was just looking for some input on my AGs people say chains dont work well with them I was gonna get wheel weights and call it good. Think she'll bite?

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

new 4 inch round LEDs

NNIIIIIICE

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
Just now, OldWorkHorse said:

I see you run turf saver tires on your horse. Was just looking for some input on my AGs people say chains dont work well with them I was gonna get wheel weights and call it good. Think she'll bite?

Ain't likely. Need the metal to grab. 

I run ags with chains and it does well. 

You'd be fine. 

Lemme know if you need chains and I'll what I got laying around.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
Just now, ebinmaine said:

Ain't likely. Need the metal to grab. 

I run ags with chains and it does well. 

You'd be fine. 

Lemme know if you need chains and I'll what I got laying around.  

Yeah I dont have any chains. Like said saw few mixed reviews on AGs and chains. So wasnt sure if wanted to invest in more stuff to collect dust. 

rjg854

I get snow in my face with the tall chute, I try to play the wind, but there are times you just have to take what Mother Nature hands you. I had a cab at one point, but being on the short side I couldn't see when I got up close to things. So I sold it. I'm on the lookout for a snowmobile helmet to see how that might work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OldWorkHorse
3 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

I get snow in my face with the tall chute, I try to play the wind, but there are times you just have to take what Mother Nature hands you. I had a cab at one point, but being on the short side I couldn't see when I got up close to things. So I sold it. I'm on the lookout for a snowmobile helmet to see how that might work.

I've never been much of a cab guy myself but I'm also not much for a frozen beard. So it's a love hate relationship. The helmet is a good idea alot easier to put away at the end of the year too

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

rjg854
8 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

I run chains on those turfs.  Lug tires the chain can in between the lugs and not work as well.

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse
3 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

I run chains on those turfs.  Lug tires the chain can in between the lugs and not work as well.

Think I might hunt down a set of rims and get a set of turf with chains for winter use. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
57 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Who’s Amber, how often do you flash’er?

• Haha 5

ebinmaine

I've got extra rims I'd give ya. Just come get 'em. 

Tires are online all over the place. 

I may even have chains but I'd have to look. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Nice light bar!  Having forward and rear mounted lights will surely help you, just make sure they are pointed as so to not get in the back of the snow shot... the reflection off the snow might hinder your actual sight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Ags will take chains ok but ONLY if the chains are 2-link. 

• Thanks 1