Tristan Jordan

1985 Wheel Horse 312-8 new tires

Tristan Jordan

Hello guys, my name is Tristan, i'm 14, and i've learned alot from these forums but this is the first time i have mad an account.

I want to restore my 1985 312-8, i was planning on putting 26"x12"x12" Deestone D405's on the rear, and i have a 1966 Wheel Horse 856 which i was planning to switch the front tires with, i was planning on widening the rear rims on m 312-8 to fit the bigger tires, however i'm not sure what to do with the front tires from the 856 that i am planning to put on my 312-8, i have been looking for all sorts of tires for them because mine are very dry rotted and need replacing, any recommendations on where to find the 16"x5.5"x8" tires i need? I would most prefer a set of ag tires or rib tires but i'm not sure, if you guys can help me, that would be greatly appreciated, i am also willing to widen the front rims by 1 inch because i know 16x6.5x8 are very common.

stevasaurus

Hello Tristan, and Welcome to red Square :text-welcomeconfetti:

You might try Lincoln Tire for what you are looking for.  Knowing what you are planning to use the horse for will help with the suggestions that will come in here.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Hi Tristan, :text-welcomeconfetti:

Vredestien makes a ribbed front, I think they might be what you’re looking for.  We’d love to see some pictures of your tractors!

• Thanks 1

Tristan Jordan
18 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Hello Tristan, and Welcome to red Square :text-welcomeconfetti:

You might try Lincoln Tire for what you are looking for.  Knowing what you are planning to use the horse for will help with the suggestions that will come in here.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

holy cow, this is crazy, i didnt expect two people i have read about in other topics answer me. thankyou so much 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

There will likely be more along soon.  We like people here... and act as such.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Racinbob

I don't see the need to widen the front rims. The 16x6.5x8's will be fine. The rears not so. :wwp:

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 1

Tristan Jordan

thank you guys for the support, because i think i may have found the one that seem the best for me, im choosing the deestone D407's because thanks to Racinbob, i now know i dont need to widen the front rims, and i also like that the D407's will match the looks of the D405's i plan to put on the rear, once i have the tires in and on my 312-8, i will give you guys an update.

Herder

:text-welcomeconfetti: to  :rs:Don't be afraid to post some pic's of you WH and keep us updated on your progress.

• Thanks 1

pfrederi

WH used 26x12x12 tires on the d series mounted on 10-1/2" wide rims

Welcome!!!

Tractorhead

Hi and :text-welcomewave: to :rs: Tristan

8ntruck

Welcome to the forum.  Don't be shy about asking questions. Bunch of good folks here. 

Chances are that somebody here has already broken and fixed or rebuilt most anything you will run across on your tractor, and will be happy to help you.

ebinmaine

Hiya Tristan!!

Welcome aboard!

Lee1977

Not sure you can put 26 x 12 x12 on a 312-8 with out some modifications if they are a true 26" tall.  I have 25 x 900 x 12 on my 312-8 and I raised the rear fender 1 3/4" they almost tooth the footrest. 

My Carlisle All trail II measure a full 25". I have the out side edge of the footrest bent forward.  To bend the full back guard of the footrest forward you will have to cut the side cover.  I raised fender pan bracket

and gas tank on mine. I can post some more pictures if you want to see them.

SAM-0882.jpg

• Like 1

Tristan Jordan

Hey guys, since the tires are being ordered, I gotta ask... I've seen other people on here plan to put a Predator 670 on their wheel horse but can the transmission handle the 22hp it puts out, If I put one on I just don't want the tranny's gears breaking and ruining the transmission

Racinbob

No worries at all. It can handle it

:)

Tristan Jordan
25 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

No worries at all. It can handle it

:)

Ok thank you, good to know