Pullstart

Hangry

Pullstart
31 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You're going to be all rebuilt from head to toe pretty soon

Jack up the hat and roll a new @lynnmor under it!  Straight from the factory!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

peter lena

lynnmor, had the knees done almost 5 years ago now , had the cataracts done , no problems , most important , keep up with what ever you need. do not collect anything that you can have taken care of. staying topside, pete

• Like 3

953 nut

I am fortunate enough to have an open minded Dr. that will listen to the patient and give you a call-back if you need to talk to him. I had my annual wellness check-up a couple weeks ago. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary but the Dr. changed my blood pressure prescription for no apparent reason. After a few days on the new BP pill I was feeling run down and couldn't do anything without feeling exhausted. Got out the wife's old BP monitor and found the BP was about 20 points above normal and my pulse was 48!   I called the Dr. to see why the change was made and he said he had noticed some slight tremors in my hands and wanted to have me on a beta blocker to address this as well as BP. Long story short I went back to the old BP pill and don't give a $h!t about the hand tremors. After about three days of down time I'm back to normal (or as close as I have ever come). Guess next time I will ask why anything is being changed.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

pacer

At around 50 ish I had my first one ---- next time at early 60s I said I WAS NOT drinking a gallon of ... stuff, so even tho he sent me home with a jug of it I stopped at wally world and got one of those 10oz bottles of Magnesium Citrate - 10oz is MUCH easier to go down and boy does it clean you out. Didnt tell the dr and he never said anything. 

But, wait, at 70yrs I had to have a quad bypass done (angina, not heart attack) and on the third day after, I had severe stomach pain with staff poo-pooing it saying normal. Finally convinced them something was wrong and after a quick trip to xray, I found my self waking up in my room with a colostomy bag hanging off me!! Had a 'blow out' on my colon, very unusual so I was told by about a dozen drs. Luckily? I was able to have it removed after 3 months --- sure did mess with by bathroom visits for about a year after.

The by pass was a breeze compared to the  -- other!

So here I am now at 80yrs and beginning to wonder whats next!

• Like 3
  • Heart 3

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, lynnmor said:

This year has been great, a pair of knees, a pair of hearing aids, a pair of dental implants and just today scheduled for a pair of eyeballs. Not joking except the eyeballs are cataract surgery.

I hope the new eyeballs are as successful as mine were Lynn.   Keep us posted.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
8 hours ago, Achto said:

I get to find that out first hand at the end of this month.:(

The good news Dan.....When you reach 75,  they won't even bother checking your exhaust pipe.          

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

D_Mac

Colonoscopy is a walk in the park compared to what I woke up with after my pancreatic cancer surgery. I had a big garden hose, also called a feeding tube coming out of my stomach. I had 3 drain tubes with bags hanging off them also coming out of my stomach. Few days later they decided 3 wasnt enough and gave me a 4th. I had another tube with a bag on the end of it coming out of " lil d-mac" and I had another tube with another bag on the end going up through my nose, down my throat, and into my stomach. Not to mention I was filleted open like a fish and stapled back together.  Had a PICC line that goes into your arm through a vein, then to your heart. I also had an IV in my neck that they stitched on. They best part was 5 weeks of eating nothing. No food orally. I was allowed black coffee, water, or broth. Almost 40 days of being fed through an IV. Sounds bad dosnt it? All that physical suffering. Now imagin what it does to you mentally and financially. Think that hurts huh ? Now imagin what it does to your loved ones as well. Your not the only one suffering. So fasting for a colonoscopy sounds like a walk in the park. Especially if it will prevent going through what I went through. DO NOT TAKE YOUR HEALTH FOR GRANTED GENTLEMEN !

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 5
  • Heart 2

roadapples

And be sure to get a blood test every year.... Probably saved my life. When they found the Leukemia I felt great. No symtems. Cancer Dr told me without treatment....3 months to a year.... Now, a year later, I have one more chemo treatment and the Dr is expecting full cure.

DON'T PUT IT OFF.....

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 6

Ed Kennell

Great news and advice Jay.    Thanks for the update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ok youngsters and the rest of the WWII baby boomers. Had some water fountain issues in April.. Catheter for 7 days problems resolved  . July 18th rust in the pipe again , catheter for 2 months and 4 days  . Trips back and forth to water fountain mechanics. Mechanics decided they needed to check inside of bladder and prostate . O what fun camera in place of catheter. This past Tuesday  I had a Prostate chunk ectomie. Six  1 inch incisions by mechanics using robots. Home now in pain . Make Sure your Drs. check you PSA annually . No big C  in prostate . According to mechanics , after removal of this after of this catheter water fountain should be at full pressure. 

• Heart 5

Ed Kennell

Such fun we have Jimmy.     Check out the Eurolift procedure involving harpoons, darts, lag bolts and welding.    Glad I was asleep for the op.

Those preop exams are amazing.    Better pictures of the innards than Comcast sends to my Hi Def Vizio.

Glad you were C free and the hydraulics are functioning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

involving harpoons, darts, lag bolts and welding.    Glad I was asleep for the op.

:scared-eek::scared-eek::scared-eek:

I've gathered from your posts that you're pretty outdoorsy and I'm sure you're every kind of rugged and all...

Are you SURE you were at the right facility when they were throwing these utensils at you??

• Haha 4

WHX??

Ahh.... I think he was using metaphors EB :lol:....Ed outdoorsy is an understatement! 

What amazes me is we got on this subject  cause Pullstart was hungry...... Oh Balls I got tractors that need love! 

• Haha 5

elcamino/wheelhorse
48 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Ahh.... I think he was using metaphors EB :lol:....Ed outdoorsy is an understatement! 

What amazes me is we got on this subject  cause Pullstart was hungry...... Oh Balls I got tractors that need love! 

@WHX24I am under the effect of anesthesia and my elevator never went to the top floor.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

roadapples

As they say "gettin old ain't for sissies" but it sure bests the alternative....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

WHX??

I dunno 'Apples.......Lookin pretty good here :D

20180621_151239.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

rjg854

First time reading through this thread, I feel very fortunate to have only had to stints. Stay healthy fellow Wheelers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Ed Kennell
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

:scared-eek::scared-eek::scared-eek:

I've gathered from your posts that you're pretty out:confusion-seeingstars: doorsy  and I'm sure you're every kind of rugged and all...

Are you SURE you were at the right facility when they were throwing these utensils at you??

Outdoorsy ???   I have been known to climb a tree before daylight and not come down till after dark.   Today,  I still climb trees, but only for about a 90 minute perch.

Rugged??          Last night after watching my Grandsons football game for two hours in the 46 degree dampness., My son had to help me climb down the steep bleacher  steps.

Harpoons darts, lag bolts and welding???   These are the terms the  surgeon used when I asked him to explain the Eurolift procedure  in terms a mechanic could understand.

13 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Not true Jim, having spent my youth deep in the Appalachian Mountains, I confess to using thistle weed, ginseng, fermented maze, and morels

I have no memory of using any of those metaphoric hallucinogenic mushrooms you refer to.

Now I gotta go work on Mrs. Ks van.        It needs a warsh job and an  oril change.    

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

warsh job and an  oril change

Now way @JCM is gonna understand that last sentence. 

So to translate that to nawtheest wurds that would be 

Wahsh job and ahyul change....

Ok got it...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

clueless
On 10/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, pullstart said:

So much better.  Lunch time I finished a turkey club with jalapeños, onion rings and half of my wife’s “thanksgiving on a bun” meal!  Only had room for a cookie killer with marshmallow sauce on top.  

Kev, after you turn 50 and have to get your first exhaust check up you need to stay away from those jalapenos a day or two before you do the pre- clean out :angry-screaming:. Trust me on this one.

• Haha 5

formariz

Here is what happened to me some years back. Doctor suspected I had some pollips in my intestines due to some bleeding, so he scheduled a test for it in a local hospital. I had to do the usual torturous preparation drinking the stuff and cleaning out for like 36 hours. I go to the hospital and after I have my gown on, nurse that does all the preparation comes in. I am not really paying attention as she comes in , but I hear " Hi Cas how are you? God how long as it been? So immediately I turn my head and wouldn't you know, its someone I went to school with. So after a little chat a hug and a kiss she proceeds to instruct me to lay down in the fetal position and states that they will pump air into me for the test and that I must hold it. Great, the embarrassment meter is now just about pegged on maximum. Sure enough I hear the put put of some compressor starting and she sticks the damn hose in the exhaust as again she stress that I must hold it. It felt like even my ear lobes were inflating. They do the test which was like an x-ray that seemed like an eternity. Its over now and she says that now I can get up and go to the bathroom. All I know is that I merely lifted my head off the table to start getting up and Vesuvius erupted. With my head lifted off the table I see her jumping back. I get up for what it seemed took for ever and walk to the bathroom sounding like a dragster doing a burnout. I don't know what all of that was, I did a clean out for two days. On the way out she comes again wishing everything goes well with me giving me another hug and a kiss while I could not even look at her so embarrassed I was.

• Haha 5

lynnmor

I have bouts of swallowing difficulties and had the intake stretched a few times.  Well the last time I had the exhaust scoped out all the way to the converter, I suggested that they do the intake at the same time, just do the top first.  The nurse said that if I wake up with a $h!tty taste in my mouth they did it wrong.  :jaw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

ebinmaine
33 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

The nurse said that if I wake up with a $h!tty taste in my mouth they did it wrong

Best. Nurse. Ever. 

• Like 1

Achto
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

The nurse said that if I wake up with a $h!tty taste in my mouth they did it wrong.

OK, my stomach hurts now!! :ROTF:

Good gravy!! No offense to anyone, but after reading this we kinda sound like a bunch of old people & their parents.:lol:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Tooomuch7
On 10/15/2020 at 4:00 PM, johnnymag3 said:

Wait until your 62.....LOL

Yep,.thats where I’m at lol 😂