The Tuul Crib

Covid

The Tuul Crib

I have failed to see how belonging to a certain faith makes you Noll and void of catching

coronavirus. Just this past weekend a religious gathering in Nashville  by a preacher out of Califonia had over 5000 people no social distancing, no facial masks were worn! We are ready for the next big breakout here. Hows does one 

feel they wont catch this disease because 

of their faith?  I just dont get it!

Edited by The Tuul Crib
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

oliver2-44

I don't get that either!

• Like 1

roadapples

The same standards should apply to protesters....

• Like 5

Stormin

Got nothing to do with faith/religion. Some people just can't think for themselves and blind to what's going on around them. Would rather listen to conspiracy theories and political rhetoric from people looking after their own interests.

• Like 5

Mickwhitt

We are looking at being locked down again here.

But it won't work as there are so many folk who think it won't hurt them so they would rather get on with life.

We've had so many different ideas , policies, buzz words and catch phrases. So much differing advice from supposed experts. 

I guess believing in God or believing you're like mr trump and some kind of superman has as much chance as anything lol

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

Let's see how long this lasts.

:silence:

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib

They called it a religious protest!

WHNJ701

Xm radio has been playing some killer van halen music on the deep tracks channel.  Go listen to Eddie!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

johnnymag3
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

I got a feeling I best not get involved in this thread.      I'll be a spectator on this one.     :coffee:

Good Choice, Me also.....

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat:

953 nut

Neither religious or political or UFO Sighting protests matter to an infectious virus. Follow the science and don't let any little green men come near you!  image.jpeg.097efbebf64463670c239212e4580b1d.jpeg                  :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Tuul Crib

Sorry guys I was just passing along notes. God bless us all!

• Like 1

AMC RULES
20 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Follow science, and don't let any little green men...

:text-yeahthat:...or, big fat orange ones either!    🙀

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

formariz

Unfortunately blindly following a faith or a political affiliation eliminates wisdom and common sense in human beings. Sad to say but as intelligent as a human beings are, in reality most of the times they display exactly the opposite. Even when the truth is blatantly in front of them they ignore it in favor of political or faith affiliation. History is full of examples and unfortunately humans keep repeating the same mistakes. Not so smart after all.

Edited by formariz
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 6

JAinVA

I like Ed's take on this thread.I'll sit back and observe.I got a bad feeling that my E-mail inbox will be full of notices of responses to this thread..Is there a way to stop that other than not posting?

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ZXT
4 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I got a feeling I best not get involved in this thread.      I'll be a spectator on this one.     :coffee:

Me too! I'd probably get in trouble :hide:

Mickwhitt

I spoke to a friend last night who is part of our regions gold command team on the virus. She advises the government on whats happening on the ground in our area. 

Basically they have to wait and see what this little bug decides to do as it is holding all the cards.

It will either burn itself out (they are not confident it will), change into something less deadly and become just another flu strain (possible but not assured) or it will just carry on as it is (more than likely).

It looks like having it does not make you immune to it (no matter what you think) and that a vaccine may not be possible (Sars appeared 18 years ago and there is still no vaccine).

The new three tier system is basically too complicated for anyone to follow (even her and she's been helping write it!)

Young people don't give a damn because it won't kill them and they can do without all these old fogies living in all the nice houses.

Our health service is too weak to cope with another big outbreak and that's why the government are panicking, its not about saving lives its about saving the NHS. Our parties are arguing just as much as yours, right when we should be working together. They are too stupid to realise that. 

So its down to using your head and keeping yourself as safe as you can. And if you catch it, keep it to yourself.

Here endeth the lesson...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

stevasaurus

I got a PM about this thread and it's possible direction.  I have read the thread twice, and I really see nothing wrong with any of the views that have been expressed.  I did like how a few of you have decided to abstain for the time being.  Nobody's religion was mentioned, no names or groups have been mentioned...from what I see...this is just about how some people think they do not have to wear a mask and the posters here wonder how people can really think that way.  I happen to agree, I don't understand how these people think either.  This is all very frustrating to all of us, and if this discussion gets someone to figure out what the mask thingy is all about...it might save a few lives.  So, I (as 1 Moderator) will leave this thread alone and keep an eye on it.  Please read this thread from Karl...I think this is what he was talking about.  :eusa-think:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

formariz

I proudly wear mine everywhere I go

68C42AAF-95B0-49BA-8BE2-47149AEF5B06.jpeg.f4365d5760f4c49fffc29111e7d187e2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 2

WHNJ701

Now's the time for someone to make wheelhorse ones!

• Like 5

Mickwhitt

My wife Sandra is making masks like there is no tomorrow. 

She's just starting on ones with poppies on fir remembrance Sunday in November. 

I have asked for an engineer based mask but I'm at the back of the queue.

Glad this thread is still open, I tried not to be controversial or upset any group with my posts.

But the virus has become a political issue like it or not so any discussion on it is bound to lead to argument on party lines.

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Mick...understand that so far, it has just been me in here as a Mod.  I am only one voice.  As long as this stays a serious discussion, I see no problem.  I would think that we will have some that will take the other side.  If it stays as a discussion and realize all have a right to opinion, and it does not get nasty.  This could be excellent.  We will see.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I need to say this...until we have a proven vaccine, the only protection method we have against this virus is 1) Wearing a mask  2) separation  3) cleanliness...washing hands.  All of this could go well into late next year.  If we all did the above, we might be out of this in a few weeks.  I think it just takes everyone.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4
  • Heart 2

Stormin

Well Carols sister who lives 10 miles away and knows everything. Thinks masks are not really needed. Never goes anywhere, except Morrisons, Sainsburys, local large garden centre and into Carlisle. Came here to visit. Walked right into the kitchen maskless. Got stroppy when I asked where her mask was. Left with a well deserved flea in her ear. Don't think she'll be back for sometime. :eusa-clap:

Also immunity is a fallacy so far. Some people have caught covid more than once. By all accounts the second time was worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1