pfrederi

Again with the mice!!!

rjg854
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Guys how do you attach these rodentular delicacies to the trap?

I squeeze the raisins up underneath the curl on the trip lever, they've got to be able to tug on it to get it free from the trip lever.  And by that time it's buh bye, mousie :confusion-seeingstars:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:      Yep, ya gotta squeeze it in the curl.

• Like 2

gt14rider

I use gummy bears, squeeze in to curl, then a touch of peanut butter, thay get a taste of peanut butter , then try to pull the taste treat and snap:scared-eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19richie66

I use a trap with a piece of bacon tied to it with sewing thread. Never misses. A piece of beef jerky works great too. Most of the time reusable also. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

I use a trap with a piece of bacon tied to it with sewing thread. Never misses. A piece of beef jerky works great too. Most of the time reusable also. 

37 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

I dunno Richie ... wasting bacon or jerky on mice might be somewhat sacrilegious

Jim I'd like to just go ahead and point out right here that, at no point in the previous thread did Richie say he was not going to eat that bacon....

• Haha 2

pgiro

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this long thread but a good deterrent for mice is peppermint oil.
You can buy a large bottle on Amazon and it will last a long time. Mix a small amount in a spray bottle with water.

Seems to work very well. I spray this on and around the tractors in addition to moth balls in a couple locations that the mice seem to really like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1