Ed Kennell

2020 Steam O Rama pictures

slim67

Looks like a beautiful day and great show. I missed not be able to go to the show near me this May. The power saw is awesome stuff. Thanks for the pics. Makes me feel like I was there.

slim67

To comment on the last photo of the tweels, I wanted to add that they work really well on zero turns. My employer demoed a John Deere zero turn and I was amazed how well it hugged the hills. Very expensive at the time to buy. 

Ed Kennell
37 minutes ago, slim67 said:

Looks like a beautiful day and great show. I missed not be able to go to the show near me this May. The power saw is awesome stuff. Thanks for the pics. Makes me feel like I was there.

Thanks, I was also in awe of the Hit & Miss powered saw .   There were a lot of H & M engines powering the standard mills and pumps, and rotary firewood saws. This was the first reciprocating saw I have seen.

First I have seen these all plastic wheels....I believe this was on a Wright Zero turn.

I did wonder how much the height of cut was affected by the change in the bottom spoke bending due to changes in torque and weight change on slopes.

Edited by Ed Kennell

8ntruck

The hit n miss powered saw is very cool.  Bet it was fun to see it run.

One of the last things I did before retiring was to work up a tooling quote for the steel centers used in those non-pneumatic wheels.  I don't know if the company got the business or not.

WH4ME

Nice to meet you today Ed at the show, had a good time talking tractors. Hope to see you again at other shows.

• Like 1

wallfish

X 3 on the saw. What a great display that thing is!

Ed Kennell
9 minutes ago, WH4ME said:

Nice to meet you today Ed at the show, had a good time talking tractors. Hope to see you again at other shows.

Same here, I am sorry though that I did not ask your name.:(

WH4ME

That's fine Ed, my name is Tim Sweitzer,  I live about 15-20 min away in Glen Rock. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks Tim,   I'll do my best to remember, but don't hold it against  me.     One of the rights of being old ya know.  :)

• Haha 2

Ed Kennell
27 minutes ago, wallfish said:

X 3 on the saw. What a great display that thing is!

It did cut very well John, but it was a two man operation.   One to release the blade and to catch it when it cut through.    The other guy engaged and disengaged the recip from the H & M engine.     There was also a chain binder  strapping the log to the saw frame that required some time and manpower to reposition the log.

slim67
48 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Thanks, I was also in awe of the Hit & Miss powered saw .   There were a lot of H & M engines powering the standard mills and pumps, and rotary firewood saws. This was the first reciprocating saw I have seen.

First I have seen these all plastic wheels....I believe this was on a Wright Zero turn.

I did wonder how much the height of cut was affected by the change in the bottom spoke bending due to changes in torque and weight change on slopes.

Good question. I don't know if its enough to matter or not. They surprisingly went well through water logged sod near a catch basin. On the subject of antique power shows. I happened to go past the location where the May show mentioned earlier was having antique farm tractor pulls. Stopped for about 1/2 hour to check out some tractors and talk to some drivers. Thanks again for sharing pics.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks for the great pictures . Looks like it was a large show.

Ed Kennell

Did anyone recognize parts in this tractor?

102_2254.JPG.4f8420093edf44e7bc6e0ed0b1cc0f39.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
50 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Did anyone recognize parts in this tractor?

102_2254.JPG.4f8420093edf44e7bc6e0ed0b1cc0f39.JPG

Well I'll be. 

Wheelhorse at the baseline. 

That's just AWESOME. 

Thanks for sharing all the pics Ed. 

Ed Kennell
11 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Thanks for the great pictures . Looks like it was a large show.

It was a good show Jim.    Great weather for a change.    I lot of interesting Hit & Miss engines with a good display of implements.   The Wheel Horse was represented well with the @ericj and Charlie Culley herds.

BTY, thanks Eric for the help getting my rig hooked up last night.

Also a shout out to @SPINJIM.   I did see you on Friday Jim.    Sorry I didn't get to say Hi.

I kept one eye looking for @roadapples.       I certainly understand your reluctance to attend a show Jay.  As you can see, social distancing was not the greatest.    Hope you are feeling fell.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SPINJIM
5 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Also a shout out to @SPINJIM.   I did see you on Friday Jim.    Sorry I didn't get to say Hi.

Good show and great weather this year.   I didn't stay long because no one was wearing masks, and I can't afford to take a chance.   Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat.  Looking forward to next year and better circumstances.

Jim