glgrumpy

Mower drive belt sizes??

glgrumpy

Not sure how to get just a size and not part number for drive belt on my C160 with 48" deck. Think 48, maybe 42?  Is there a number on the deck? I found a chart to tell part number and that is only if you know exact model and year, another thing I don't know how to figure.  One I have is somewhere near 102" and 1/2" I presume. Hard to measure now that rusty pulleys shredded it. I have now cleaned the pulleys.  What should I be doing to get belt size? 

gwest_ca

Click on the picture. Belt dimensions are on the page that comes up.

Both are side discharge decks.Left and right are always from the operator's position in the seat.

48" deck has the height adjuster on the left side.

42" deck has the height adjuster on the right side

Garry

Lee1977

The Toro # for the mule drive belt for a 48" deck is 94-2501 length is 103" x 1/2". I can run a 102" x 1/2" Blue belt on my 312  with a 42" deck I got it from Tractor Supply. They also have the 103" x 1/2"

I do know a 102" will not work on a 520 with a 48" deck. Have not tried a 102" on my C-120 with a 48" deck but my guess is it won't work.

glgrumpy

OK, found I have a 77 C-160  71-16K50+  Manual shows a 1 or 2 last digit, didn't see, thought plus. Engine seems only diff between them. 

Measured deck and is 42" and don't see tag or sticker on it. I will check your links, thanks! 

Downloaded those Gary and thanks for those links. Got parts and owner's. I'll have to check the set-up on it too now. Going for the belt. 

Edited by glgrumpy

gwest_ca

The links I posted may not be your deck but the belts will be the same. The biggest difference in decks are the spindle assemblies, bearings and the center hole in the blade.

Garry

glgrumpy

Went to dealer and got that Toro belt you mentioned. Works good!  Now for retest when dry. I have to check my level seeing, had that rear rod to height adjust off and cleaned up, back on.