The Tuul Crib

This one found me

The Tuul Crib

Well I haven't picked it up or looked at it yet. Came home yesterday morning from the grocery store and noticed someone following me all the way to my driveway. He pulls up beside me and says "I noticed you had a wheel horse stickers on your truck"?

well comes to show of he has a tractor which is five minutes away from me. He wantsto get rid of because he's moving. It's a C1 95. No price was set yet because I don't know the condition of it as of yet. Any ideas on the value of this. Is this particular model desirable ?

79B9C64F-7247-4F99-A690-4DFF643F247D.png

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

A c-195 is one of the Big Wheel tractors. 15 or 16-in rear wheels.

VERY desirable. 

That's a VERY strong, capable worker.

Not sure I could really give you a value on it because I'm not very familiar with them.

• Like 2

Achto

Don't see a lot of C-195's. @WHX24 & @PeacemakerJack have both purchased a C-195 in the last year or two. They might be able to give insight as to value.

Pollack Pete

I have 3 of them.One is like new.Paid a friend a grand for it.Have one with a rebuilt engine.Rest of the tractor looks like it was on the Titanic.Has 3 point hitch.Runs like new.Paid like 300 for that one.Last one is kinda rough looking.Runs like new.Had no rear fender.Paid like 200 for that one.These C-195's are one big,powerful tractor.I have no attachments for any of mine.

• Like 2

WHX??

I probably over paid for mine... $2500... But it has the three point and rear pto. I know Jack paid alot less but had to travel considerable for it but his is in better shape motor wise.  
I was also able to sell attachments that brought the cost of ownership down. '84 was the last year they were made and anything before that will have the hy levers on the bottom of the fender pan. 84 they will be on top. 

Brian @Super-C 4 me can chime in as well. 

It will most likely have a KT series one in it so check the motor over VERY careful. 

Price is going to dependent on condition of course. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

a KT series

Isn't this a 19 or 20 horse? Did those have the same oiling issues as the early 17?

WHX??

19 and yup same motor. Eaton 1100 tranny.

Gets some pics Cribs. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
37 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

19 and yup same motor. Eaton 1100 tranny.

Gets some pics Cribs. 

Gonna look at it some time this week

I'll try and gets some more pics of 

it then.

• Like 1

pfrederi
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Isn't this a 19 or 20 horse? Did those have the same oiling issues as the early 17?

Same lube systems.  KT 19 under spec #29200 are series 1 lube...49200 and up have full pressure series II lube

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Great story and a nice Machine,

i would check if it starts, runs and what he have on parts.

Depending on that, if it is a runner or just a roller i would build my price in mind.

If he is too far, try to bargain, if the price is right - catch it.

Looks not too bad.

If the price is right, you can get it maybe as a project tractor.

if it have the three point all of the Cat0 Attachements should work, as far as i know.

bds1984

I had a very nice 1984 C195 with a quiet 60" deck I regrettably sold a few years ago.  From the footrests forward it is like any other black hood but they sit a little bit taller.  There is a bit of a size difference when compared to my C165 that has it's fender lifted and a swept-forward axle that now has 18x8.50-8 tires on it.  I wish I would have kept the 195 and sought out a 3-point and pto.  With some simple mods, I cannot see why one wouldn't be able to use any attachment from a C/3/4/5 series that attaches to the axle, mower decks seemed to swap out no problem.  I think the C195 specifics are the hydro controls, front axle and rims, rear rims and hubs, transmission filter location, gas tank, and fender/gas-tank support are specific to that model.  I vote for acquiring it if it is a reasonable price.  

Edited by bds1984
added content
  • Like 3

ohiofarmer

He is highly motivated to sell. The average buyer will be going for looks, and they will be looking for a nice fender pan and seat for the back. That really is to your advantage because you will find a seat pan by your connections here. I saw one for $20 from a member in MI.

To give you an example of a motivated seller,, we had a guy four miles away who was a busy guy and he had two tractors, a c-141 and c-145 black hoods. one with mower for 340.00 total. I thought that i missed him by a nick because they disappeared from marketplace for a week and then came back. The original listing stated that he wanted the above figure plus 160 more for a front plow and a decent set of mounted ags. He saw me come back and was glad I did, because even at the very fair price he had them for, people acting like jerks trying to beat him down had him peeved off.You know the deal.All I had to do was tell him that i have the money, live close, and keep my word as a farmer., and ready to do the deal on HIS schedule

He was ..so tired of dealing with the last guy that he offered me the tractors for the same money [without me saying a word in negotiations] as the low baller offered him.   Everything for .$200.00. those tractors were covered with dingy dirt looking like they were hanging about in a smoky welding shop, so that helped as well

My guess is that you could buy that incomplete tractor for 2 to 3 hundred depending on whether it runs or not.  That still puts you in at $500.00 with a mower and maybe another hundred for the fender pan and seat.

• Like 2

SPINJIM

In my area, a decent one in running condition goes for $500 - 800.   I offered $500 for one two years ago, and the owner turned it down.   I didn't go higher because the owner had a sloped lot, and that's where the early KT engines can have a problem with not getting enough oil to the crank journals.   He ended up giving it to his daughter-in-law to tinker with.    Great machines if they have been well maintained, and oil level kept up.  Love the big wheels.  The plastic fender is available as a reproduction, or maybe a used one.  If you want to switch to a metal fender, I think you'll have to switch the fuel tank.   Good luck.

Jim

• Like 2

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

He was ..so tired of dealing with the last guy that he offered me the tractors for the same money [without me saying a word in negotiations] as the low baller offered him.

I'm going to go ahead and hazard a guess that he liked who you are and what you represent as a person.

I've done exactly the same thing on both sides of the same coin.

I'll sell something to a paid supporter of Redsquare for next to nothing just because I know the piece is going to somebody that respects what it is, who is selling it and why and knows what they're looking for. 

I'm not on FB and I've gotten so I rarely sell anything on CL anymore. Just ain't worth da hassle....

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ohiofarmer
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm going to go ahead and hazard a guess that he liked who you are and what you represent as a person.

I've done exactly the same thing on both sides of the same coin.

I'll sell something to a paid supporter of Redsquare for next to nothing just because I know the piece is going to somebody that respects what it is, who is selling it and why and knows what they're looking for. 

I'm not on FB and I've gotten so I rarely sell anything on CL anymore. Just ain't worth da hassle....

You sure have treated ppl well, including me. I have a 8 Horsepower that is wearing your engine tins. they are still blue and i need to fill in that bullet hole, but that just adds character:teasing-signhere:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, ohiofarmer said:

bullet hole, ... just adds character

Gives you good storytelling capability too. 

• Like 1

sqrlgtr
3 hours ago, The Tuul Crib said:

Gonna look at it some time this week

I'll try and gets some more pics of 

it then.

Tuul remember Im just right up the road from you and if you decide to pass let me know I might be interested in it if you are not.....I mean you already suckered me out of a tiller:teasing-poke:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Herder

Don't pass that one up!!  The Super C, they are rather scarce.  I haven't found one yet.  The one in the pic has a mule drive on it, there may be a mower deck included.  Good luck!   

• Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

I definitely would pick it up if it is a decent price.  They are the proverbial needle in the haystack if you are looking for one.  As I understand it, they only produced about 750 of them in total over the three year production from 1982-84.  They are a unique machine and very capable.  One of these days mine will get a full restore!  

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Not from experience of having owned one, but correct me if I am wrong...don't these things have limitations as to what attachments will actually work on these tractors. Plus, be aware that their bigger footprint will obviously command more of your storage space.

• Like 4

squonk
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Not from experience of having owned one, but correct me if I am wrong...don't these things have limitations as to what attachments will actually work on these tractors. Plus, be aware that their bigger footprint will obviously command more of your storage space.

And Craig is the "storage space" guru! :banana-dance:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Owning multiple tractors at any one time, you kinda have to be...right?   :chores-chopwood:

• Like 3

The Tuul Crib

So just exactly what kind of attachments can you work with this tractor that was original to it? Growing up With machinery that had three point hitch you could do just about anything with. Why not a miniature version of the pull behind scraper blade on a three point hitch?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, The Tuul Crib said:

So just exactly what kind of attachments can you work with this tractor that was original to it? Growing up With machinery that had three point hitch you could do just about anything with. Why not a miniature version of the pull behind scraper blade on a three point hitch?

You can MAKE whatever is practical for you.....

21 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:text-yeahthat: Owning multiple tractors at any one time, you kinda have to be...right?   :chores-chopwood:

Yes. Yes you do.

I ordered a tarp and some paracord the other day to cover up some more stuff.....

Pullstart
16 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

You sure have treated ppl well, including me. I have a 8 Horsepower that is wearing your engine tins. they are still blue and i need to fill in that bullet hole, but that just adds character:teasing-signhere:

16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Gives you good storytelling capability too. 

Kohler.  The block will stop a bullet!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1