Pullstart

Oops, it Happened Again!

Pullstart

I do wish I could figure out why these towers get in such bad shape?  Battery acid possibly?  It”s under the steering wheel on the right.

777366F9-4CA5-4CC4-AFBC-AC61AE463B0F.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Pullstart

All the others are turning their back to the Ugly Duckling.

2559E7E3-DBCF-4B30-9A1B-8A5EE31CC321.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 7

formariz

I like it. Is it like an Army Green?

i am planning to paint a black hood like that.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 minutes ago, formariz said:

I like it. Is it like an Army Green?

i am planning to paint a black hood like that.

Yeah... this might need some stencil paint and a white star...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rp.wh

I kinda am liking i, I am also liking that garage with all them horses danggg!!:blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tractorhead
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

All the others are turning their back to the Ugly Duckling.

2559E7E3-DBCF-4B30-9A1B-8A5EE31CC321.jpeg

could there may be a widely fract of a possibility, 

that they all are a little Snob‘s..

i like it.

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Haha 3

Shynon
7 hours ago, pullstart said:

I do wish I could figure out why these towers get in such bad shape?  Battery acid possibly?  It”s under the steering wheel on the right.

That's where the manual PTO engagement bracket goes, had to repair mine also

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Looks great Kevin.:handgestures-thumbupright:  Your shop looks to be getting smaller all the time though, might have to add on soon. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, Shynon said:

That's where the manual PTO engagement bracket goes, had to repair mine also

:text-yeahthat:         I have a couple that have reinforcement plates added to the tower.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

My wife found it a while back and was trying to buy it for me for our anniversary

:text-coolphotos:             Could you wife teach my wife that trick?               :ychain:

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

@19richie66 I believe you were Mrs. P’s advisor on this?  Can’t believe it made it here anyway!

This makes 1054 #2 and 2 953’s as well.  I have a feeling that tote of GT-14 parts is calling my name sooner than I think to get put together to round out the classic big wheel collection :handgestures-thumbupright:

Pullstart

71_Bronco

I thought I remembered a round hood (RJ maybe) on here that was painted in an army green theme, but I couldn't find anything on it.

I did find this one on Google Images. Maybe this can be an inspiration.

spacer.png

• Excellent 2

Pullstart
18 minutes ago, 71_Bronco said:

I thought I remembered a round hood (RJ maybe) on here that was painted in an army green theme, but I couldn't find anything on it.

I did find this one on Google Images. Maybe this can be an inspiration.

spacer.png

You want me to paint it white?  :ychain:

D532B3F7-FE0A-48DB-91EF-FC8D68398D70.png

• Like 1

71_Bronco

It's working here on my end...

Screenshot.jpg

• Thanks 1

71_Bronco

Here's the tractor:

Pullstart

See it now, thanks!

19richie66
3 hours ago, pullstart said:

@19richie66 I believe you were Mrs. P’s advisor on this?  Can’t believe it made it here anyway!

This makes 1054 #2 and 2 953’s as well.  I have a feeling that tote of GT-14 parts is calling my name sooner than I think to get put together to round out the classic big wheel collection :handgestures-thumbupright:

I saw it online and not far from the homestead so I shot her a message. She was already on it and I swore to secrecy. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

prondzy
16 hours ago, pullstart said:

Pto engagement bolts there,  cracks and falls out. I welded mine 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, prondzy said:

Pto engagement bolts there,  cracks and falls out. I welded mine 

I’ll have to cut it out and weld in a good patch one of these days... or leave it for character!

Pullstart

Here I am, a bit torn.

The 953/1054 platform is my favorite for overall plow and young person operating machine.  Time might be the limiting factor on this idea before plow day.  Leroy is a 6 speed / limited slip 12 hp machine.  The tower is cracked at the lift arm and it doesn’t charge at the present moment.  Hot Wheels has a non-limited slip 6 speed in it.  Why not make Joe a brute with 12 hp tall tires, big ground clearance and limited slip?

ACC72EF9-690C-48AA-8EB2-375CC1831583.jpeg

7E25AC97-09D8-40F2-B2A9-A1A31F7649EF.jpeg

19richie66

Just remember that the frame and transmission mounting holes are different on the 953/1054 platform. The regular wheel horse transmission will not bolt up. Now I believe the internals could be swapped into the factory case or you have to weld a new plate to the rear of the frame. Thats one of the reasons I swapped to a gt14 frame for Karen’s 2054.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
21 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Just remember that the frame and transmission mounting holes are different on the 953/1054 platform. The regular wheel horse transmission will not bolt up. Now I believe the internals could be swapped into the factory case or you have to weld a new plate to the rear of the frame. Thats one of the reasons I swapped to a gt14 frame for Karen’s 2054.

Hey there @953 nut Richard, do you recall what you did for Hot Wheels by chance?

echris

@pullstart

You need to keep "The Ugly Ducking" just as she is. Sure, sort out the mechanical issues, but otherwise, she stays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1