danweikert21

front wheels washer

danweikert21

Hi all, 

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction in the assembly for the front wheels. On my raider 10 there seems to be side to side play on the axle shaft. It looks like I am missing some peices ( maybe washers or something like that. thank you 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Can you take a pic or measurements?

I've had to add a washer or two on the inside between the wheel and the spindle. 

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Can you take a pic or measurements?

I've had to add a washer or two on the inside between the wheel and the spindle. 

:text-yeahthat:

Same here...

• Like 1

JCM

I am not real familiar with Raiders but on the 300 and 400 Series shim washers are available through Toro to get the required 0 - .015 end play on the front spindles.

• Like 3

pfrederi

I use these.  You can find various thickness machinery bushings at places like tractor Supply

shims.JPG

• Like 4

peter lena

DAN ,your local hardware store , should have , " spacer washers " in their pull out drawer section , that's where i got mine , 3/4" ID , bring an old washer for reference , pete

71_Bronco

I got mine from Tractor Supply when I put new spindles on my Lawn Ranger.

• Excellent 1

JustinW.73

Menards has bushing spacers for like a buck. I think they are exact same thickness. 

danweikert21

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I appreciate it. I’ll head over to tractor supply and see what I can find :)

• Like 1

danweikert21

Hey another question, I have a Kohler 301 and it has a normal starter. Now I don’t know much about starter generator but I am wanting to add one. If anyone would want to give me some tips on what a starter gen is and what it does that would be really helpful 

pfrederi

S/G are cool.  love the sound of team starting up.   They are basically a big heavy automotive generator as used in the 40s and 50s..    A DC generator if you apply current to it will become a motor and that is what his thing does.  When it is being driven it reverts to being a battery charging generator.   Getting the brackets belt cover and Flywheel pulley will take some time and $$$

• Like 1