glgrumpy

Getting a 518xi now

glgrumpy

I ran accross a 518 xi and liked it and it needed help, so bought it. Not home yet. Has Kohler Command v-twin in it. Needs starter to run it. One flat tire.  This is more Toro, I guess, can still be talked about here?  I downloaded some manuals off the Toro site and looks like pretty complicated rig. This one comes with a deck and a real nice Heavy horse looking blade. Anyone here have one and can send me pictures and state if you like or not the unit? 

I'm kinda gambling on weather this is gonna be my new mower or if just troubles.  The front tire that is bad is odd size, on width anyway.  16 x 7.50 . 8   That width is a new one to me. It's also on a slip on hub, not bolt on, not sure I like that on bigger tractor.  Looks kinda ruff on paint finish, it has been left outside most of like. Says 400 hrs on meter, not sure if works yet.  Pictures later when home. 

• Like 1

horseyheaven

I just bought a Ford New Holland GT22 (same as Wheel Horse 522xi, Toro Wheel Horse made Gt18,Gt20, and Gt22 for Ford). I have only had it close to a month.  It has Kohler 22 hp Command motor and 60” deck.  I put a tube in the front tire (same problem as you) and a new set of coils as mice made a nest in baffle housing and chewed wires.  Put it together and it runs and mows awesome.  It has 1,785 hours and has very little wear on it.  I’m impressed with how well it held up and it is becoming my favorite mower.  Build quality is awesome and so far I think it has been easy to get to everything to work on it.  Give it a chance, it may surprise you.

• Like 1

JoeM

got to give it a chance, very comfortable, powerful machines. I started messing with the xi's early this year as they came up as bargains. I think they maybe the best kept secret. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

@glgrumpy You’ll not be disappointed.  I recently bought this 520xi for relatively cheap thinking it would be a quick flip project... But within a couple minutes of drive time it became a very favorable chore rig!  The only flip here was my mindset, and thinking of what else to sell to offset the purchase!

D8E096BE-9588-4FE8-9794-974F53EAA171.jpeg

195C10EC-F16D-4F0C-B6AD-4E0CAAB45947.jpeg

1088ECDB-F0EF-44F6-BE06-730866E38D6D.jpeg

E7DC97C9-CC92-472E-BDAE-41BB5140C255.jpeg

B5BB809A-66EA-4C55-84E7-EE6FF68BC0FE.jpeg