tractormandash

1995 416h single stage snow blower 79360

tractormandash

I'm new to the forum and am a new Wheel Horse owner.  The Tractor is 1995 416h and 42 inch single stage blower. It has hydraulic lift but the blower only comes up about two inches. The man I bought it from was nice enough to convert it to snow blowing as that is my main need. I'm struggling to understand where to place the one or two 3/4 inch washers to help with lifting it higher. Thank you for your help. Also, if anybody has the two side wings for the blower I would be interested.

Jay

Traverse City Mi

Ed Kennell

The washers should  go between the "flag" and the end of the push pipe.    Actually increasing the length of the push/lift pipe and the height of the lift.

• Like 3

peter lena

tractormandash, in addition to adding the washers to the lift flag , check out your hydraulic lift point on the lift rod area, you might be able to change the lift hole point , to increase your height. another thing on that single stage, make sure you regularly LUBRICATE THE AUGER CHAIN DRIVE , and adjust as needed , often neglected , but vital for smooth and easy operation , pete

• Like 1

kwalshy

Welcome to the forum! :text-welcomeconfetti: Congratulations on your purchase of a Wheel Horse & single stage snow thrower.  

Click on the link below, download the OM manual, see Figure 8 on page 4 for washer location as described above from Ed Kennel

Operator Manual

• Like 1

Jon D

If the chain is stretched, a quick trip to tractor supply and a new length of chain doesn’t cost too much.  Mine was neglected and then snapped, came out the back and shattered my chain guard. Made a new chain guard out of steel

tractormandash

Thank you to all who responded. I understand what to do now. The chain was so loose I had to take a link out and replace both sprockets down by the auger as they were toast. The chain is well lubed and that part is all set for now.  Guys with snow blowers do you do anything else for weight other than wheel weights or is that enough? My driveway is 300 feet with a with a slight steady incline.

Ed Kennell

Chains are nearly a must to operate a snow blower or plow.    I use turf tread tires and rubber chains in paved driveways and steel chains on gravel and dirt lanes.

Wheel weights and tires filled with RV antifreeze or -30 windshield washer fluid is a plus.

When you raise the blower, the weight on the rear wheels is reduced.     This can cause a loss of traction especially if you have to back up an incline.

More weight is better.

• Like 2

Jon D

I use a set of steel chains with cleats, they don’t mark up my driveway much. I also have my tires filled with washer fluid. You might find that steering is tough if the blower is fully down, I usually drop it and then lift it a hair. Also if you still can’t get steering to respond well, I’ve used a single chain around the middle of the front tires.

Jon D

These single stage blowers are very capable of handling the snow.

ECD63DA4-40E0-42A4-92B1-1A10BE6541BC.jpeg

C4ADEBBD-FD42-4397-B38F-8F037F4C0E4C.png

016AD903-2C94-473F-A202-235FE02E6F5C.jpeg

• Like 1

tractormandash

Thanks again. I sold my 1969 ford 100 10 horse. It did a great job but I need hydraulic lift now. The single stage on that unit was extremely heavy. I had wheel weights on that with beet juice in the tires plus a weight plate on the back. This wheel horse has a much lighter snow blower and longer wheel base. Plus the six more horsepower will help out. Does wheel horse make a factory weight plate that you can put extra weight on. I took a kitty lcritter container  and filled it with concrete. I would like to add that as well. 

Ed Kennell

Not factory WH, but I can add up to 200lb.IMG_6697.JPG.365d279ca233ad20a1a7bd78c01b635f.JPG

• Like 1

tractormandash

Awesome. Love the wheel weights. Those look a bit heavier than 25 pounds.