Sign in to follow this  
bc.gold

Prairie Art, HD7

bc.gold

Alis being loaded onto the trailer, one steering clutch is acting up.

The operator on the HD7W is a retired locomotive engineer who at one time had thousands of horse power under his control. Jerry is the main mechanic instrumental in getting this dormant machine once again making smoke.

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 1

bc.gold

John Deere to the rescue.

rescue1.jpg

• Like 1

bc.gold

Had this HD7W gone to the scrap yard it would have set of the radiation detectors, the hands of the engine hour meter have radium on them for night vision.

The Kodak video is mind blowing.

Edited by bcgold
  • Sad 1

bc.gold
On 9/4/2020 at 8:05 PM, bcgold said:

hd1.png

hd2.png

hd3.png

It would appear that the image host I've been using has been taken off line, just wanted to give all that the missing image have nothing to do with any actions on my part.

While I was on vacation did join another forum, images I've uploaded  from the postimage site via linking where imported into the sites data base which prevented broken image links from disrupting the flow of the forum.

I  have my suspicions that post image will not be back online anytime soon.

stevasaurus

Welcome back.  :occasion-xmas:  We had a cat when I was on the line gang at the phone company.  Got to play on that for many days...  I think it is the most fun one can have.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bc.gold

After they pulled the truck and trailer free from the ditch I went home. Missed the best part of this movie.

After the HD7W was unloaded  they encouraged Greg to take her for a spin, clueless how to steer the machine and its heading for his pick up truck. Without releasing the hand clutch slams the machine into reverse.

As the machine travels around the field in reverse Jerry the mechanic is chasing it to climb aboard to release the clutch.

The shift fork broke the machine is permanently stuck in reverse.

• Sad 1

bc.gold

What's wrong in this picture.

spacer.png

AMC RULES

Besides walking away from a machine with it's attachment left in the air?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

bc.gold
20 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Besides walking away from a machine with it's attachment left in the air?

Yea that and no regard for the septic field.

bc.gold

,July 22/43-400 civilian prisoners of war, will shortly be engaged in cutting some 50,000 cords of wood in the Riding Mountain National Park. It was announced from Ottawa on saturday.It is understood,~hat the camp will be in the Lake Audy area of the park.

========================================

Nov.4/43-Less than24 hours after their absence, was discovered,I9 Germans were back in camp,at Lake Audy, in the Riding Mountain National Park·.After alarming the surrounding districts

-574 -~ spokes~an for the prisoners said, they had been lost during a blizzard,when they had J been out for a walk,on the Sunday afternoon, and wandered beyond the boundaries of the camp. Itwas stated on Monday, that the 19 prisoners were being held in a hut ,separated from the rest of prisoners , and were assigned an official guard.Up to 5 p.m. on Monday,six inches of fresh snow had fallen, making it difficult for the police to find them.The prisoners, all of them hungary, and thoroughly chilled, wandered back::to the camp ,in small groups.Prior, to have been sent to Lake Audy recently, the prisoners ,had been stationed at Medicine Hat. They came here on a wood cutting project. There are 450 men in the camp.

bc.gold

The mailman.

Stewart and Jocelyne bought the mail c.ontract and Anglo agency, includinr; a cream route etc. from Keith Baxter in 1950. They hauled mail from Erickson to Onanole and Crawford Park, and to Wasar;aminq: durin~ the summer months. Along with the mail and cream, there were supplies for Ashby's and Frith's stores, such as flour, bread, milk, etc. a varity of items for everyone along the route, taking in plou,gh shears to be sharp-ened, tractor. tires to he repaired, depositinr; grain and cattle cheques in the bank, picking up prescriptions at the drug store, birthday cards and gifts, also get well cards for anyone trom the area who was in hospifal. One never knew at the start ot the day what was in store. During the summer there was friel?;ht from the station tor the l?;ift stores at the Park, such as 400lb. barrels of china from England, furniture for the cottages, pies, cookies etc. from Wally's to deliver to the restaurants, along with the mail, empty cream cans, farmers repairs, the loads were varied.