bottjernat1

Loss of a job!

bottjernat1

Well it has happened like it has to a lot of other folks. Been here almost 17 years. I will be out of a job by no later then november 2nd. Maybe before then. I am taking this very hard. This is my very first factory job i have did everything under the sun here skills wise. God always has a plan for us all and I know there is a reason for this but i just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. I have worked for what was Courier of Kendallville. Then in 2015 we got bought out by rr donnelley then it turned into lsc communications.  We were one of the top dogs in the book printing industry.  I have love the place. put in a lot of hours. I was 23 when i started now i will be 40 in February. I now have health issues and i cant be lifting alot everyday. So Im praying that things work out and i can find a new job. I did put in an app at our digital plant just down the street but no word yet if i will get it. I am the only income so this is a real blow to my family. Im hoping i can hold onto my Horses and other equipment i have and own. Good thing is God id good and there are other jobs around my area. I have had alot of friends and family reach out to me. I have also had vendors reach out to me. I guess being a good person pays off from time to time. So saying all this I will be needing a lot of prayers that i can make good choices for me and my family.  https://www.kpcnews.com/newssun/article_198dd094-cc19-5727-8694-f661610e26c0.html

Edited by bottjernat1
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Sad 13
  • Heart 4

Pullstart

Tough stuff Nathan, here’s some encouragements to hoping things work out for the best!  

964C2E10-76B3-4E38-98E4-FDC9BAB75EF6.jpeg

2C2DBC93-414F-47E9-B253-DE105C233A49.jpeg

AF17F7ED-13DC-46D5-B0AD-369D2FB6E988.jpeg

92F14353-0A7D-4D1B-90EC-948F46B92A79.jpeg

EA3563AF-254D-46BB-A600-E2D1D5D88ABA.jpeg

43244ED9-A157-4C6C-B995-11836193FEAB.jpeg

• Heart 3

Sparky

Sorry to be reading this kind of news. Hoping something great comes your way!! 

• Like 3
  • Heart 2

lynnmor

:angry-soapbox: Look at this as an opportunity, as you can now clearly see that you were going nowhere on the current path.  I have had many jobs but was never satisfied till the last one went belly up and I started my own business.  Think about what you can do and what you like to do, perhaps another factory job is not what you want.  I would say "Good Luck" but luck has nothing to do with it.  I still remember, as the plant was closing, fellow workers saying that I was lucky because I had my own business.  You need to build your own luck. 

• Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

bottjernat1

Thanks for all the prayers and good luck! To let you all know we printed school books and we did game books for a long time. When we where Courier we did it all we made a book from start to finish. You would bring in a roll oof paper and at the other end of the plant you would have a book. Our digital plant is staying open because they can print single copies of books with little to no overhead cost. The plant i am still working at for now we did big runs of books in the thousands, and hundreds of thousands. I dont know if any of you ever saw this tiny book it was printed for the gideons. It was called the life book it was real true life stories about peoples lifes and gods impact. This book was 5x5 the smallest book we ever did and we made tens of millions of copies. I will never forget this book. it took forever to fill a box with copies of it. there was like 86 in a box. and it literally took 2 and a half hours to make a skid of boxed up books. We made all sorts of books you name it we made it. 

life-book-3_1_orig.jpg

• Heart 2

pfrederi

Hope a new path comes along quickly for you

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead

Sad news, but that can be also good news and a chance to turn things in another Direction.

What i mean?

in 2000 i joined to a Company, where i worked for 7 Years as Service Technican

until the founder produces the biggest scandal with stock exchange on German market.

He offered we flipped a Million euro‘s a Month to tweak the stock (in fact it was just 100.000) but that was true and honest Money.

After that was happen, the Company ( what had not the worsest reputation and good products until this happens) 

where dismounted by stock exchange supervision. Until this day coming i looking allway’s positive into future,

because i have my knowledge.

Than a „rescue Company“ was founded and we reuse existing knowledge and Material and again turn the steer back to profit zone.

Than the „rescue Boss“ was exchanged and again the new „Boss“ try to go on the New Market with Stock options.

While that happens, another „new Boss“ will be installed.

I was 5 years the Service leader and at all 10 years in that Company until that happens.

This so called „ new Boss“ tell us on his first Day we all are just Idiots and only he turned now the Company to real Profit.

It depends just 2 Years, until that complete Idiot crashes the whole convalescent Company.

I must see how 10 years of my Work is now Trashed by this incompetent Idiot in just 2 Years.

The only thing i regret in my life is, that it is prohibited to kill such Idiots....

But i still go with positive mind into Future and try to found my own Company.

That turns from beginning positive, but it was season depending job.

The first year run‘s ok, but the third year i purchased some Machinery i need, and missed the season is close to end.

At this time i had not much spare Money, to keep it over the cold season, but i get it hardly, than i get an interesting Offer.

I must go deep inside myself and i balance my freedom against to „work for others“ and if i willing to give up my Freedom.

I had a good interview and decided to go with that Company.

Nobody can tell you what‘s in a year or 2, let‘s see what happens.

There are allway‘s several Way‘s you can go in your Business Life, it‘s up on you what you wanna do next.

The only Advice i can give you, just do what you really like to do and be open Minded.

Remember the „ good old Day‘s“ but allways look also ahead with a view for the Future.

Money is for the first time secondary, if you knowledged and experienced enough, you can grow in different Way‘s

Keep your head up high and be proud of what you know and have now,

you have time enough to search for a new Job !

Good luck and hopefully you get quick a new Job that satisfies you.

• Like 2

troutbum70

Prayers brother and maintain your faith, when GOD closes one door he opens another. GOD WILL PROVIDE with faith on your part.

• Heart 3

formariz

I am sorry to hear the bad news. Don't lose hope. Something else will come along I am sure. I know that it is not easy and a scary prospect specially at your age with a family. I went through a similar situation due to the events of 911. I lost my livelihood of all of my life up to that point along with many friends. Life as I knew it was over. It started again, and the new life gave me the opportunity to be home all the time as my wife became more dependent on me due to Parkinson's and I was able to be there for my youngest son through his fights with addiction. Hang in there.

Edited by formariz
  • Heart 5

Mickwhitt

sad news indeed, but stay strong and treat this as a god sent opportunity to make things better.

The job is just a job,  its what you do not who you are.

I thought I would never be able to replace being a cop for 30 years when I retired. But I've never been busier, never worked physically as hard and never been happier. 

Luck is for gamblers, faith is all you need, in yourself and your abilities and in God to provide a way.

Stay strong and safe 

Mick 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

953 nut

It is unsettling to have to look for another job when this is the only one you have known for so long. In this changing world with new technology it is becoming more commonplace so be open to change. There may be job training available through you state's unemployment agency, check it out while you are still employed.

God has provided for many of us over the years, we just need to be open to his direction for our lives.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bottjernat1

Wanted to thank all of you for the up lifting stuff. I took off this past Friday hoping to work on some tractors but ended up a bit depressed and didn't do anything. I think i am having such a hard time with this because I have had a lot of stuff happen to me growing up and in the past 4 years a lot of stuff happen. It is one more thing on top of another. I know i will be ok but deep down this is taking a toll on me. I dont like to be in this funk. I have so many projects of other peoples machines and i dont want to let folks down but i am struggling to keep my chin up. I appreciate all the love from my fellow horseman!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stormin
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 7:49 PM, Tractorhead said:

This so called „ new Boss“ tell us on his first Day we all are just Idiots and only he turned now the Company to real Profit.

That sounds familiar. 

I've been through one or two rough patches over the years. Got really depressed, but thanks to a friend or two I pulled through. Try to think positive. Something will turn up. :thumbs:

• Thanks 2

formariz
1 hour ago, bottjernat1 said:

Wanted to thank all of you for the up lifting stuff. I took off this past Friday hoping to work on some tractors but ended up a bit depressed and didn't do anything. I think i am having such a hard time with this because I have had a lot of stuff happen to me growing up and in the past 4 years a lot of stuff happen. It is one more thing on top of another. I know i will be ok but deep down this is taking a toll on me. I dont like to be in this funk. I have so many projects of other peoples machines and i dont want to let folks down but i am struggling to keep my chin up. I appreciate all the love from my fellow horseman!

Think of all the good things in your life. You have a beautiful family. Keep yourself busy. Don't despair and PLEASE don't be afraid to talk to anyone about it. Isolating yourself from everyone at a time like this is the worst thing you can do. Life is not always kind but we have to keep struggling to get to a better place. Sometimes we think others don't understand what we go through but believe me, there is no perfect life out there. There are always bad and hard things happening to most people, its just that we don't know about it. Anytime in my life that I have a period of grief, loss,heartache or plain worry I obsessively immerse myself in my work, sometimes having spent  entire nights at it with no sleep. Its how I deal with things and I have never been depressed a day in my life. It works for me and I know you will find something that works for you. Above all keep talking to whom ever you can about it. I think I can speak for everyone here and say that you can always talk to us. There are lots of great positive, kind, wise and good hearted people here that can help you along with your suffering. USE THEM.

• Like 1
  • Heart 2

Tractorhead

@Stormin 
Norm, i believe several person‘s have heared such idiotic sentence like that once in their Life.

@bottjernat1
Hi Nathan,
i only can tell you what helped me out of that sad times.

My biggest help was firstly the Family, even i close to lost myself in a complete Burnout.

The second most important are best friend‘s, where you normally have just a few, but since i know this forum,
i felt they are grown.

Friendship doesn‘t have a lot to do with with a personal knowing, it‘s an kind of integrity and accept of peoples they find together.
Friendship don‘t know if there any Borders, if a friendship happen, than it last mostly forever, no matter on Distances.
Friendship does not ask if you’re rich or poor, it was just happen by a feeling deep inside your Heart.

True Friends stay together, independently what happens even in real hard times.

I know from my own hard experience, it‘s dang hard to keep up the chin over Water line in such case.

It‘s also a bit a fear for the Future,

but i think you didn‘t need to have any fear.
Each thing what happens in our Life has it‘s reason, 
Sometimes it needs it‘s time, that we can see clearly the real sense behind if we beeing open Minded.

God father have a task for any of us all we have to solve.
It‘s up on us to find out what that Task is, because he is unable to say it to us.
But he sent‘s us small signs, we have to understand and interpret right.
If we doing wrong with interpreting, he give us a new chance to restart.
I believe in that truely and honest.

The whole life is like a journey, 
we have to go this Way and if rock‘s occur’s in our Way 
we had to find out how to move or how to circumnavigate.

A restart is nothing bad at all,  it‘s just a new chance to grow in another Way- no more no less.
How you go this journey is up to you.

Maybe it‘s a sign, to de stress you life a bit, or it‘s a sign to go another direction.
That‘s the Task you have to find out.
Our journey of life can be compared with a crossing Mountains, 
once it goes down, there is another Way up to Top of the next Hill.

Keep your head up High

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ohiofarmer

There are a lot of people in transition right now, myself included, In the last ten years, i have experienced an insurance company stealing half the value of a car, tenants destroying things, a 20% chance of surviving 5 years, a hospital almost killing me by overmedication, and getting five figures of tools robbed and then fighting insurance adjusters over that..

What i have come to realize is that you just gotta work with what you have. if you have skills and health and drive and especially a family that will pull together,, you are ahead of the game.Probably my biggest strength has been my wife. We only borrowed money to buy a property and kept paying as much as we could to get out of debt. Cash for every car and did not care that we did not keep up appearances with the rest of the people at church.

Cut ALL the expenses you can right now. For example, our family has t-mobile cell phones with an unlimited family plan, and we get all our internet from our cell phones for free. Total is 80 bucks and that includes netflix. We switched to Aldis grocery for canned foods and bread.  We almost never eat out even at fast food. I am not telling you how to live your life, but just hoping you get some ideas how to proceed.

Now might be the best time to check with your unemployment service before the rest of your fellow workers show up. Maybe they have re-training for a better job.and even pay you unemployment while you take the training. A big challenge to employers is finding enough people with a work ethic who can pass a drug test.  You are still young enough to be a good investment for an employer to train. Some of the training programs are quite good in that the government helps to train workers by paying employers to train them. For example, Caterpillar built a huge warehouse near Clayton OH right across the road from a vocational school.

I realize that this may be a pre pandemic view, so you may have to adjust a bit and think ahead. I also realize that this ramble of mine could be somewhat insulting to anybody facing uncertainty.. That is not intended as all it is intended to be is maybe a place to get started on your next adventure. Godspeed

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Heart 1

formariz

@bottjernat1 How is it going? Hope you are feeling better about things. Stay in touch. Stay busy. Hoping the best for you.

• Thanks 1

bottjernat1
On 9/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, formariz said:

@bottjernat1 How is it going? Hope you are feeling better about things. Stay in touch. Stay busy. Hoping the best for you.

I am as of right now riding the ship till it sinks. I have almost 17 years in the company. I am getting a settlement for my years. Unless they find a way to screw us over. I have not gotten what they call a release date yet. Once I get a release date I can collect that money i am planning on seeing what the local government has to offer. The mayor says she what job fairs and schooling if folks need it. I need my diploma i went threw all my grades. But i was short 2 credits. So this may be my chance to educate myself. I also have had several job offers from past co workers and friends. So once again being a good guy pays off. We will see I am struggling right now and am stressed out but im holding it together for now. My biggest issue is not taking it out on my wife she is my rock and i am just upset and am taking some of my stress out on her emotionally. She cant work she has bad knees. She hasn't worked in over 10 years. I am still working my normal shift for now. But the place is losing folks right and left. Also we are wondering if they are going to just get rid of everybody and reopen under a different name. They are only taring down 1 press at this time. and running our others. Its a weird vibe and lots of rumors. They have done a lot of lying to us to it is hard to tell what they may do! I do have a lot of stuff on Facebook marketplace and on here for sale if anybody knows anybody interested in anything let me know. I am very flexible on prices on my stuff i always am even if im doing well. I have a lot of equipment,parts and pieces, I do local pick up only on my stuff. I am located in Avilla Indiana about 25 miles north of Fort Wayne Indiana. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

AMC RULES

Know that it's not just you going through this crap, it's SOP now, everywhere you go!

You can thank the 1%'s and our awesome (lack of) leadership who are in their positions to represent them, and not us.

Just be tough bro, really all you can do, and don't let them get you!!!

• Thanks 1

WHNJ701

Not sure if this helps, but I know alot of people in the construction/trades business and everyone of them is hiring or will hire the right person.  Unfortunately most don't advertise for positions online or ads anymore.  There is a big shortage of people skilled labor, people who want to work, not just show up for a paycheck.

What I am getting at is don't be afraid to knock on doors the jobs are out there.

• Like 1

formariz

Good to hear that you have a few options. Do not wait for the last minute to secure a job if you have offers now. You don't have to leave now but keep those offers alive. They will understand your situation and wait if you don't know your release date. You have some good advise here on  the previous posts. At this point of uncertainty start living already as if you are out of a job. Above all don't let the situation be a source of controversy at home.Sometimes we hurt the ones closest to us , venting our frustrations and difficulties just because they are there and we really don't know what to do. We have to remember that they are as affected as we are and that they themselves are also in fear of the future. Many times we let our emotions get the best of us. Keep talking to everyone you can about it. Not only it is the best therapy but that is also how opportunities come to light.

3 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

So once again being a good guy pays off

There is no other way to be. We should always kind, empathetic, and non judgemental of others. Above all as someone who influenced my entire life at a young age said to me " Do the right thing even though that sometimes it may be bad for you".

• Heart 3

bottjernat1

This is the latest news about the crap hole i still work at for now. The atlas group there stock isnt any better. So looks like a lose lose situation.https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200915005755/en/LSC-Communications-Announces-Sale-to-Atlas-Holdings-and-Supporting-Creditors  

bottjernat1

This article is also from today There is a great quote id like to highlight. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lsc-communications-announces-sale-atlas-120400474.html  (Mr. Quinlan continued, "I would like to express our appreciation to our customers and vendors for their continued support throughout this process.) Um He had to say this because they have lost lots and lots of vendors. I have felt bad for the folks that have been done wrong.

Edited by bottjernat1

tom2p

Hang in there Bott - could be rough but will be better in the end 

we know you have potential - you are a Wheel Horse owner !

• Like 1

Renrag
On 9/2/2020 at 7:30 AM, bottjernat1 said:

Courier of Kendallville. Then in 2015 we got bought out by rr donnelley then it turned into lsc communications.  We were one of the top dogs in the book printing industry.     

I worked there a few years back too, but god will look out for you there are a number of decent and good jobs in that area, if you can handle fast pace and alot of ot Nisco in Topeka i made gross aprox $4500 a month there . God bless and will pray for you

• Like 1